User Tag List

View Poll Results: Shoud LOOC logs, Discord Logs be taken into account when hiring moderators?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

54 83.08%
  • No

11 16.92%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mod quality has gone down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBlackwell View Post
    Barely any staff actually play the game; this then goes on to create a huge disconnect between the player and the staff member, as shown in a lot of rulings. When was the last time you saw a head/manager/admin/moderator play PFC or any support role? Barely a handful.

Even developers play the game more then staff and there's only three of them.
    more emphasis needed on this. staff don't play the game, people who do play the game don't like staff rulings, or their actions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy!

As the new mod manager I feel I should probably say something about a thread talking about mod standards.

I'm more than open to the idea of community feedback on people who apply for staff. If anything, I encourage constructive criticism and feedback. What I will not tolerate is pointless +1's and -1's.
    I'm also unsure of what kind of background check you're expecting. We check notes, we check for multikeys, it's not possible to know everything about a person, but staff generally see these people around and pay attention to what they say. If someone's being an asshat in LOOC or discord you should be reporting that sort of stuff anyway, which would then be put in their notes for review.

If you have ideas that help with mod quality then I'm more than happy to talk about it, but don't expect that you're just going to be allowed to bandwagon someone out of applying.

From now, community members are allowed to vote on moderator applications with constructive criticism. Try to keep it in a form that helps the person improve rather than just shitting on them, and we can keep it going
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Somenerd View Post
    Howdy!

As the new mod manager I feel I should probably say something about a thread talking about mod standards.

I'm more than open to the idea of community feedback on people who apply for staff. If anything, I encourage constructive criticism and feedback. What I will not tolerate is pointless +1's and -1's.
    I'm also unsure of what kind of background check you're expecting. We check notes, we check for multikeys, it's not possible to know everything about a person, but staff generally see these people around and pay attention to what they say. If someone's being an asshat in LOOC or discord you should be reporting that sort of stuff anyway, which would then be put in their notes for review.

If you have ideas that help with mod quality then I'm more than happy to talk about it, but don't expect that you're just going to be allowed to bandwagon someone out of applying.

From now, community members are allowed to vote on moderator applications with constructive criticism. Try to keep it in a form that helps the person improve rather than just shitting on them, and we can keep it going
    A good first step would be to add a new channel that only managers, staff can paste to in discord for staff applications.
    There are a lot of people who dont use the forum and applications are actually advertised in one channel telling people that they can say something about the applicant.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuyoi View Post
    A good first step would be to add a new channel that only managers, staff can paste to in discord for staff applications.
    There are a lot of people who dont use the forum and applications are actually advertised in one channel telling people that they can say something about the applicant.
    Still slightly concerned about nonconstructive criticism/spamming threads. There's always a fair amount of people checking the staff applications section of the forum, so at the moment I don't think we're short of people.
    Later on, maybe.
    Last edited by Somenerd; 08-04-2021 at 09:37 AM.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah sorry i left, the quality dropped by 90% after that
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgive you

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We already did this for whitelist applications, and within 4 hours it turned into a de-railed conversation and already gave me doubts on allowing it. I don't see this happening.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    We already did this for whitelist applications, and within 4 hours it turned into a de-railed conversation and already gave me doubts on allowing it. I don't see this happening.
    doesnt hurt to try again but this time telling people that its not for memes because it depends if they get a good moderator staff.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doesnt hurt to try again but this time telling people that its not for memes because it depends if they get a good moderator staff.
    I told people "Hey we're adding the ability to see notes to be transparent and public etc..."
    Within 1 hour the community turned it into a giant meme, and I had to kill it due to a security issue.

I can help make nice things, but this community has to help us out here as well. Otherwise I will just say as usual This is why we can't have nice things.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Within 1 hour the community turned it into a giant meme, and I had to kill it due to a security issue.
    attachment.jpg

Nooo! You can't make it a meme and then stop after it gets stale after a day, or two, I must act in the first hour!!!!!!!