User Tag List

View Poll Results: Shoud LOOC logs, Discord Logs be taken into account when hiring moderators?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

54 83.08%
  • No

11 16.92%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Mod quality has gone down

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Feweh
    This game is largely played by children who are susceptible to these groups and CM has had multiple incidents in the last few years where both staff and fellow players have put others in dangerous positions. The fact that you're more concerned about "More moderation" or "My gameplay" is selfish and devoid of the reasons stricter moderation hiring should be implemented.
    And this is the one thing that makes my head spin at this community. People (Not you feweh) are quick to throw out the PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!
    Yet at the same time these are the same players that want us to let them call each other "Niggers" and "Faggots", be toxic assholes to each other on discord, and treat each other like garbage.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again lack of understanding of the players mindset and perspective is very evident in staff.

Sure you post logs, so??? Not every staff boo boo or player oopsie is done in game and those that are again can be viewed in the wrong way, its literally just walls of text. And for those off platform its the verdict and throw away the key with a lovely announcement "anymore chat X issue will result in kick" or simply change the rules cause you dont wanna deal with any backlash from the controversial issue

Again internal reports wheres the transparency. You guys have been bitchin about one another since before I even started playing and it still seems as though nothings resolved. Give insight as to whats going on.

To be honest Ive never really cared for staff stuff you know that. But i genuinely dislike how you guys act and behave. And how in the dark it all is. And all these new mods defos arent cut out for it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Pollard View Post
    Give insight as to whats going on.

To be honest Ive never really cared for staff stuff you know that. But i genuinely dislike how you guys act and behave. And how in the dark it all is. And all these new mods defos arent cut out for it.
    Does the community really want to be bothered with

Staff member X: Hey Senior Mod/Admin Y forgot to log an event in discord logbook
    Manager: Ok ill talk to them
    Manager: Hey staff member Y, did you log that event?
    Staff member Y: Crap, sorry, I totally forgot

Cause that's the stuff it mostly is
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 08-05-2021 at 02:21 AM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post

Staff member X: Hey Senior Mod/Admin Y forgot to log an event in discord logbook

If it means theres without a doubt any level of bullshittery or bias, yes.

Course there will always be doubt and I mean shit youve even admitted yourself to being sick of staff drama several times. Like the fuck dude surely admin work doesnt count as "drama" to you

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's wrong with that???

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are here to just bitch and cause drama.

You know what the crowd wants, they want to be lord of the flies and ban all those mean mods who stopped them from chimping. You can’t please the monkeys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    We are here to just bitch and cause drama.

You know what the crowd wants, they want to be lord of the flies and ban all those mean mods who stopped them from chimping. You can’t please the monkeys.
    imagine missing the point of this thread

do i have to repeat that mod is easy to get and that there should be better background checks if the applicant was involved in a drama or any shittery by checking discord logs and LOOC logs? (its pretty easy to check this if you're actually willing to make an effort)

also "mean mods"
    you mean the people who keeps shitting on the status quo and kept poking on things that was community accepted and enforced rules out of nowhere because they think its bad even if everyone was cool with it and didnt hurt anyone at all.

Then x person does thing "which they were doing for a long time" and get noted out of fucking nowhere because y staff member says its bad now.
    Last edited by Sakuyoi; 08-05-2021 at 06:05 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ThesoldierLLJK
    You should still try new things anyway. CM has been around for 6 years and the fact it's still alive is a miracle right now.
    though the public note thing was a mistake with how quickly it was used to look up on some people notes

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by special2kira View Post
    @ThesoldierLLJK
    You should still try new things anyway. CM has been around for 6 years and the fact it's still alive is a miracle right now.
    though the public note thing was a mistake with how quickly it was used to look up on some people notes
    Changing things for the sake of change isn't always the best modem operandi, major changes should be vetted, examined, and prepared for rollout.

Most of the internal staff issues are usually from either forgetfulness as Soldier highlighted, or rules/rulings changing and it just being missed, people have IRL after all. Sure, staff can slip up here and there, however, that is in essence the nature of people. If a player plays 100 hours and slips up for 10 minutes in a non-malicious way, it's not the end of the world. As long as the individual makes an attempt to grow from it, we can move on.

Personally, I disagree with Fewehs more hardcore recruiting idea. While I understand the reasoning behind it, I think it would not operate as intended. I think making the recruitment process more intense would actually cause a severe reduction in the older community members, as most of us have jobs, relationships, and commitments we have to deal with. Standards should be high but I think alternative approaches should be examined rather than a barrier at the door.

Regarding examining discord comments, It's a difficult thing to gauge. I often engage with people in discord in a more friendly and casual way (unless its regarding a staff/serious issue) than I do in an official capacity. I think it's good to build a rapport with the other community members. It allows you to speak with them in a more approachable manner and break down the "Us vs Them" mentality people can often lean in to.
    Last edited by solidfury7; 08-05-2021 at 01:27 PM.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no illuminati protecting staff here people, you know why most of the staff reports get denied, it's because staff didn't do anything wrong, and everything is posted. We don't hide logs or anything like that at all.

Mods who do make mistakes get warnings when things get overturned, and if they continue to make mistakes they get suspended. If they do things like abuse their powers with aheal and get caught, they get removed. Mods who do really bad things like basedoperator or pfanner get cbanned. We don't "protect" anyone, but 99 percent of the time most complaints on our staff team is because a player is unhappy they were warned and or banned.

We also have a lot of internal reports that come directly to management from other staff when people do booboos and we investigate it and determine what to do in those cases as well
    My problem is not that things aren't public, my problem is that players are held to higher standards than staff.

A player and a staff member both posted the same NSFW picture in the Discord, neither had prior history. The player was immediately banned, the staff member was internally warned. Should this not be reversed? Aren't staff members expected to behave more appropriately than players, and be an example for players to look to?

I'll give you another:

Players on the discord get warned for posting a gif of a guy making slightly suggestive movements against a badly cropped static image of Lilith Rein's character, meanwhile a Discord Volunteer pins and posts messages sexualising xenos and hornyposting. Like... bruh. How can you even pretend accountability and responsibility, and staff wrongdoing is all treated seriously? We can clearly see it isn't.