User Tag List

View Poll Results: Shoud LOOC logs, Discord Logs be taken into account when hiring moderators?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

54 83.08%
  • No

11 16.92%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Mod quality has gone down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanna revert back to a time in which feweh grabbed Ethans IP and called his mom…

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wait feweh called Ethan mom? why

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by special2kira View Post
    wait feweh called Ethan mom? why
    Becuase Ethan was a bad boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe CM is dying...

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we keep saying CM is dying then it keep not dying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    My problem is not that things aren't public, my problem is that players are held to higher standards than staff.

A player and a staff member both posted the same NSFW picture in the Discord, neither had prior history. The player was immediately banned, the staff member was internally warned. Should this not be reversed? Aren't staff members expected to behave more appropriately than players, and be an example for players to look to?

I'll give you another:

Players on the discord get warned for posting a gif of a guy making slightly suggestive movements against a badly cropped static image of Lilith Rein's character, meanwhile a Discord Volunteer pins and posts messages sexualising xenos and hornyposting. Like... bruh. How can you even pretend accountability and responsibility, and staff wrongdoing is all treated seriously? We can clearly see it isn't.
    to play devils advocate, were the players who were banned vs staff members like have a history of posting? history matters with this and if it was the first offence of staff vs the second or third time by the player it seems fair

if it's both their first time it seems weird

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmwevil View Post
    to play devils advocate, were the players who were banned vs staff members like have a history of posting? history matters with this and if it was the first offence of staff vs the second or third time by the player it seems fair

if it's both their first time it seems weird
    I did say no prior history for both.

The ban itself on a first-time NSFW post is valid, people really shouldn't be posting NSFW and it's a really easy rule to follow, what's messed up is getting a reduced punishment (or none at all because staff warnings don't mean anything) because you're staff.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mod apps have been copy/paste for years, even as far back as when I started as a mod (and before). It really isn't indicative of the mod performance dropping in the recent period (~1.5 years up to now).

That is derived from 'meta cliques' and friendship groups where staff members overlook improper behaviors of their peers, a mis-attribution/imbalance of priorities (where otherwise low-performing mods are kept around due to other positive aspects [e.g. activity]). Combined with general complacency and a shift in 'attitude', with regards to what sort of approaches are acceptable. There are so many 'emotional' mods, and that has an influence on their decision-making.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumdor View Post
    The issue I've noticed with staff over the years is it has gotten more SJW. People are intervening in things that don't need staff intervention. People are punishing people because of their personal beliefs and feelings on certain subjects. Higher staff rarely interact with the community or staff, so you have people pushing their own beliefs when they hand down rulings. The server went from a bad-ass video game based on a very adult movie to a playground for children.
    this is my forum post i am active

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I want to input something that may or may not be related to this.

Thanks to Grimreaperx15 and initiative of I guess soldier, notes were made public. Shockingly, I noticed there were several notes missing for most individuals, including key crucial notes on the behaviour of the person. Not just stupid slapstick LRP gamer, pog, nword notes. Actual behaviour questionmarks. They were missing.

I have already reported this to Frozen with the evidence.

But I want to say how shocking it is that there is a lot of missing notes which will explain why some individuals were able to obtain WL and staff roles so easily despite the obvious question marks. If these werent made public I am unsure how long was this able to continue to be exploited.

As such I am pushing for more transparency. The community can help out to identify some of the issues to the staff to help make the community better. This will protect staff members from disinformation warfare by key agenda driven community members. Plus it lets the community identify correct key issues properly.

As to about mod quality yea, how are you able to thoroughly check mods if your note system becomes flawed. Why werent they even noted? Was there note removal or just oversight? I can accept oversight but intentional ghost note removal sounds more serious.

Edit: Dang im still checking, you got a serious note issue right here.
    Last edited by Casada_Radio; 08-07-2021 at 08:26 AM.