User Tag List

View Poll Results: Shoud LOOC logs, Discord Logs be taken into account when hiring moderators?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

54 83.08%
  • No

11 16.92%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Mod quality has gone down

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a manager with access to management chat, where this was happening (as the system was essentially made by grim) I can say that if this is a thing, it wasn't intentional. I'm not quite sure how it was done, but notes were removed that contained IP addresses. The actual notes themselves should still be on their record though, it's just a case of gpanel not loading them.

We still check the notes before accepting a mod. If note removal is occurring, it's not an intentional thing, as it'd be logged and other staff members could see us doing it. There's a log generated when someone deletes notes.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can surely tell you that these arent IP notes. But from what I heard you guys are aware of the issue and as long as no one is ghost removing notes then I guess its not major.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    high chance it's just Byond being shitty and refusing to give notes to be fair
    Stephen Belfast, PBer
    Pau'thi Teer, unrobust pred
    JO-J0, really bad runner
    Also Yautja WL councillor. Feel free to DM me on discord for any Predator related concerns.
    FrankTheMagicPotato#5067
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casada_Radio View Post
    I can surely tell you that these arent IP notes. But from what I heard you guys are aware of the issue and as long as no one is ghost removing notes then I guess its not major.
    This was looked into. There is no indication notes were being removed, just cases of oversight where someone forgot to add a note when they should have.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to get back to this thread but grabbing a few comments quick we've come to the usual request from the community.

MORE COMMUNITY INPUT AND FEEDBACK

We continue on our normal path where the community demands more control, input, voting, power and influence over the free-game they play which is run and staffed by volunteers.

SS13 (especially CM) is truly the only community who constantly complains about stricter Moderation and potential doxing from said Moderation... while simultaneously requesting staff sensitive information (notes, logs, management discussion) be open to the community for their own viewing pleasure.

The irony is just so lost that I can't even believe these ideas are taken seriously.

It's not to say that moderation, management or improvements cannot be made. I just really think this narrative or the "community" having more control/input is the dumbest and worst method for improvement to continuously push.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Community feedback? Ok. How come if a possible rule break occurs but the person who was observer main and saw it happen cannot report it on the forums, say it didn't impact them? Except if you ahelp in game about something doesn't affect you but it breaks the rules, it will be dealt with?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't look on the forum or post anymore, but with all the recent rulings, changes, promotions... I was concerned. So, I read through all this. I agree on alot of points from both sides.

People are very thin skinned. 2nd hand offended types get catered to, even though they aren't being effected directly their voice carries weight on issues that are not directly involving them. Social Justice isn't a meme anymore. It's a change the world is having to come to terms with. However, don't bring that into a video game that is based off an adult rated action movie that has it's own established... personality? if you will. The movies, lore, etc. have marines showing bravado, hedonism, and vulgarity. I agree that maybe some of that needs to be toned down, but not to the extent at which we are currently seeing. Yes, dropping the term "nigger" or "faggot" casually or otherwise should not be allowed. Of course. But I can't even crack jokes at my own racial expense anymore , Japanese Puertorican, without worrying that I'm going to face a ban from someone who was offended for me or at me for making a joke that involves myself, not them.

I'm seeing a fair few people from the community who are emotionally compromised (but involved) are being promoted to staff. Good and Bad thing here. On the plus side, they want to help. Maybe not for the right reasons, but they did "volunteer". So with that, don't volunteer if you can't handle the pressure that comes from the job. I've had RCON access to steam for about ohh.... Im 30 now, so 6 years? It's alot of hassle. Hundreds of games, millions of people. Reports for all kinds of situations. Making decisions on bans that spread across all of steam that could potentially impact someone in more than just IG. But I volunteered. I knew the deal going in. Gotta be detached. That's like rule #1. NO BIAS. Don't get attached, and don't let your own morals/opinions sway your judgement on the rules. Speaking of the rules, you also can't change the rules every time someone is offended and needs their agenda met. That's bad business.

So when I see the volunteers for a SINGLE community here in CM go batshit over modern day issues like cursing in an online game, I just kina tilt my head and go "huh" over wishing my moderating experience could be so simple.

TL;DR:
    People need to grow up, both sides, emotionally and morally. Learn to communicate, both parties, cordially and firmly. Stop Gaslighting each other. Don't band wagon issues to get your way.

Community sucks. Game used to be amazing. Rules used to be simple. -Don't overcomplicate shit to accommodate people-

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point I'm just vibing
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realized I wasn't fit for being a mod and left I encourage any mod who doesn't feel that their doing good as a mod to go ask any seniors about certain situations to improve as a mod.