5 13.89%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: muh RP - Problems with current CM meta

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re-add self destruct, that's where boys became men. Stop getting annoyed at people who play the game to enjoy it if they "get in your way of winning". Shadow blacklist any CO and ban any XO who does hangar briefing until only the sigma briefing room briefing commanders are left. Either finish lifeboats or remove it.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skimmy2 View Post
    Remember when Devs wanted to remove XOs because it really Teched their Webs?
    Good times
    teched their web,,,
    lmao you got me good with that one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    Shadow blacklist any CO and ban any XO who does hangar briefing until only the sigma briefing room briefing commanders are left.
    I can't tell whether this is a direct threat to chad hangar briefing captains and commanders or a sarcastic joke. Also, real sigma briefing commanders are the ones who do Basketball Court briefings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fight for the right to do hangar briefings because its more realistic/immersive, fits with how they did it in the movie and isnt just a massive waste of space used only for scavving metal.

Completely 180 on the situation deeming hangar briefs to be lrp because ???? Because the CO isnt in a glass box. Shit man ur right how can I roleplay now that COs and command staff arent in glass boxes fuck me how did we let this happen.

Said it time and time again mechanics dont really have anything to do with someones ability to rp, all those bored shipside docs who just tab out and stand in the hangar waiting... nothing stopping them from roleplaying.
    All those marines running around on the ground shooting, nothing stopping them from roleplaying.
    All those mps and mts who just run around the ship trying to find something to do, nothing stopping them from roleplaying.

CMs a tdm but theres honestly nothing stopping you from roleplaying its just no one puts the effort into actually doing so. I mean shit most of the people squealing about not being avle to roleplay just shitpost when playing and act like shitlers

*golfclap stop making these threads youre all retards who believe that because you made a self insert anime char youre somehow the peak of HRP.

Gerdy is the example, follow it

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    briefing in baseball court is great

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I add, go randomname squad marine for a round to get the true CM RP experience without the staticname recognition and metacliquing. With this way you'll be able to see how much people actually do RP (including when you put effort in to RP with them and when you don't).

Also the main reason I am against hangar briefings is because it means that 70% of marines will alt-tab in the dropship instead of coming to briefing (admittedly the same with normal briefings but this could be different). I personally also hate the current glass gay baby jail that the CO stands in in normal briefing, and would much prefer to have the proper podium back.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihad7 View Post
    Also, real sigma briefing commanders are the ones who do Basketball Court briefings.
    Get arrested by the MPs for FTFP causing the OP to fail epic style

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of those are dev actions to be fair. I completely agree they are the major culprits in rp slipping more and more.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalkguy View Post
    Most of those are dev actions to be fair. I completely agree they are the major culprits in rp slipping more and more.
    Devs didn't add in seventy different rulings about how agents can't do x or y.

Devs didn't add using different languages on comms as a marine law offense.

Devs didn't ban briefings being done outside of the briefing room (thank fuck we got that shit reverted).

Devs didn't ban "stereotype" characters and characters with racist/sexist traits or views (obviously people will disagree whether this is good or bad but at the end of the day it objectively cuts down on roleplay opportunities and variety).

Devs didn't ban Researchers using the recorder to roleplay with xenos.

Devs didn't add MP IC immunity.

Devs didn't ban squad rivalries and small roundstart brawls.

Devs didn't ban refusing to deploy for IC reasons.

Devs didn't ban Survivors being distrustful and hostile towards the USCM.

Devs didn't ban COs from trying real off-meta strategies such as no FOB, or COs deploying to lead on the ground (which has been changed so often over the last year I doubt even CO council can remember the exact rulings on it currently).

Devs didn't kill your fucking RP. They add features that are good for RP, but those features are immediately ruined by unnecessary staff intervention and completely gutted by staff whims, so they end up being removed because nobody fucking uses them anymore.

Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Man