• UNGA

5 13.89%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: muh RP - Problems with current CM meta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always been very funny how you're allowed to rp about previous rounds with people, but couldnt specify that you were fighting xenos because contact rules. Now you can know what a xeno is, you can rp about last round killing a predator with people you killed it with.... But you still aren't allowed to say what a predator is, or if there are xenos on planet..... Because staff says so! But staff is okay with knowing ever y xeno castes name, xeno buildings ect. It's hilarious and has 0 point. Allow it all or allow nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAB1019 View Post
    Always been very funny how you're allowed to rp about previous rounds with people, but couldnt specify that you were fighting xenos because contact rules. Now you can know what a xeno is, you can rp about last round killing a predator with people you killed it with.... But you still aren't allowed to say what a predator is, or if there are xenos on planet..... Because staff says so! But staff is okay with knowing ever y xeno castes name, xeno buildings ect. It's hilarious and has 0 point. Allow it all or allow nothing.
    Dont forget that despite knowing what xenos do to captured marines the bigheads on the staff team still believe in enforcing the rule that youre not allowed to shoot a marine being dragged. Despite it being mechanically and ICly retarded not to do so.

But we'll just blame this one on the devs right guys, its all the devs fault.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Pollard View Post
    Dont forget that despite knowing what xenos do to captured marines the bigheads on the staff team still believe in enforcing the rule that youre not allowed to shoot a marine being dragged. Despite it being mechanically and ICly retarded not to do so.

But we'll just blame this one on the devs right guys, its all the devs fault.
    It powergaming, basically aliens have no way to stop you from killing the guy and you can just revive them like it nothing. Now one solution is make death perma everytime, no CPR. That sucks. So instead it just banned from killing people being dragged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    It powergaming, basically aliens have no way to stop you from killing the guy and you can just revive them like it nothing. Now one solution is make death perma everytime, no CPR. That sucks. So instead it just banned from killing people being dragged.
    Dont drag a marine infront of others and expect to just be given the cap ??? Im sorry but were talking about taking someone out of a round permenantly and everyones just expected to let it happen it because its unfair to the xeno that they arent just given a cap.

Your argument is complete bullshit, Its not powergaming if ICly you have full knowledge of the xenos intentions for the captured marine, youre asking people to just stand by and let their buddy get dragged off. If the ruling for marine bodies being walled off is that being revived is a privilege then xenos expecting marines to stand aside and allow for them drag and cap marines should also be one.

To many people are just expecting things to be given, whenever I cap as a xeno and im dragging a neurod marine infront of other marines and he gets shot I dont go "hey what the fuck thats total bullshit they shouldnt be allowed to prevent me from capping" Why is that??? Because I know im running a risk and taking a chance with it, Its not a given.

You can always just shoot the xeno!

A: No, depending on the caste, your movespeed and what gun youre using as well as a bunch of other shit. (Example; Youre using an m41A whilst the queen drags off a marine) Attempting to kill or severely injure the xeno to the point of giving up the cap is not always viable, shooting the marine is.

You can avoid punishment by just asking the marine at the roundstart for permission to kill them if anything happens!

A: The fuck??? Do you want me to run around with consent forms asking everyone if its ok. Like what is your argument here, who the fucks got time to ask 80+ marines this question. I mean its sort of a given that if anything bad should happen you do whats needed to be done.

The rule was created by EB they where a fucking beepsky main for christ sake.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here we go again, mods go back to blaming devs and never take any input from the community to be better themselves. Going back to the good ol blame game because being in the staff member it is professional to shift the blame to your fellow co-workers. Too many smart mouths shifting the blame to the devs.

Notice how the mods blaming the devs here dont even point out exactly what nor offer real solutions or their views, only to be immediately refuted by chainsaw.

Its never the mods fault its the devs fault! Nevermind we share 50% of the blame and solving the problem together, screw the devs! Yeaa! Screw em! Here in the mod team, its never our fault!

Sing it with me boys!

The wheel of the bus goes round and round, round and round, round and round.
    The wheel of the bus goes round and round, all day long!

And with this I am convinced staff will never improve. What they say holds no weight. Their promises are empty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops I accidentally shot the dragged marine being captured 7 times teehee it was a misclick

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAB1019 View Post
    Oops I accidentally shot the dragged marine being captured 7 times teehee it was a misclick
    It what everyone does and why flamers are best for it, ironically cermanics sortive kill that expect the fire part.

And yes aliens can block and you seen nothing till you seen a crusher drag some poor sob to larva land, ah the days of running people over and just taking them away silly times.

Anyway you can't allow everyone to just shot the dragged becuase it is powergaming, you know you can easily revive any damage done to the marine(sometimes sometimes they ate a AP rocket and now need to be reassembled) and ripe for grief. Got lunged by the warrior? McBaldy heard command say shot anyone grabbed and thus you eat 20 rounds of 41 and now got 700 damage and maybe some missing limbs, stupid stuff like that. Anyway aliens will cry to high heaven and threaten to quit until mods make it so you can't shoot people being dragged and back in even older days we all had the unexpected contact and werent meant to know how aliens function and yada yada you know it how it was.

Yes people will shoot people being dragged these days, hell maybe it legal and I dont even know but it does not matter since you rarely get time to act, no one likes killing thier buddies, if you just shoot the alien they might piss off without killing your buddy, and killing your buddy might perma them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all the fact that you can be simply zapped back into existence after dying, and be able to get back to combat shape within a few minutes is something that needs to be addressed on it's own. Death needs to have consequences.

As for shooting a marine being dragged away, i understand the gameplay reasons for it. But from RP perspective it really depends on the method. I love how people say a flamer is a best tool for this. Sure, you see your buddy being dragged away to the xeno nest. You want to spare him the pain of bursting. So what you gonna do? Oh i know, let me cook him alive with a fucking flamethrower. It's mercy right?

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulferion View Post
    First of all the fact that you can be simply zapped back into existence after dying, and be able to get back to combat shape within a few minutes is something that needs to be addressed on it's own. Death needs to have consequences.

As for shooting a marine being dragged away, i understand the gameplay reasons for it. But from RP perspective it really depends on the method. I love how people say a flamer is a best tool for this. Sure, you see your buddy being dragged away to the xeno nest. You want to spare him the pain of bursting. So what you gonna do? Oh i know, let me cook him alive with a fucking flamethrower. It's mercy right?
    more like within a few seconds
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think devs kill roleplay.

It's a mix of staff being schizophrenic with rulings and how they approach things and the people who usually make these threads complaining about a lack of roleplay being the most insufferable people on earth with zero social interaction that think having a funny conversation is lrp so people don't want to interact with you because you're annoying.

It's actually devs killing rp though totally we should get rid of all devs and it'll save CM from the LRP menace. It's definitely the devs and players in the wrong and not the fact that you haven't been outside in years