Thread: muh RP - Problems with current CM meta

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys! you should play TG!!!
    Totally!!!
    but seriously wth are you all complaining about I never had an issue playing CM and not having enough RP or whatnot
    OR MAYBE BECAUSE THE PROBLEM DOESN'T EXIST.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how about people just play the game instead of monthly RP complaint threads?

oh wait, most of the people constantly whining about RP don't play the game

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    correct!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usnpeepoo View Post
    how about people just play the game instead of monthly RP complaint threads?

oh wait, most of the people constantly whining about RP don't play the game
    i feel it's reductive to imply those who have problems don't play the game, but I do think it's a factor that those who are burnt out from issues with the game may play less simply because of whatever is grinding their gears

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmwevil View Post
    i feel it's reductive to imply those who have problems don't play the game, but I do think it's a factor that those who are burnt out from issues with the game may play less simply because of whatever is grinding their gears
    i wouldn't blame them for being burnt out, lots of people are with the state of the game, gameplay wise not just RP wise.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmwevil View Post
    Welcome to MY WORLD.

People are trying to find outlets for stuff they know needs to be fixed gameplay wise and the frustration has bleed out into WHAT CAN I BE ANGRY ABOUT TODAY.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    I'm genuinly so sick of this propaganda that "muh devs ruined CM RP". Roleplay is what you make of it, its player driven interaction, if you want to roleplay and not focus on the TDM aspect of the game theirs nothing stopping you. I literally played for months where I did nothing but build bars as MT and roleplay and I made a heap of cool friends and had plenty of adventure doing that. The staff policies of 2020 was the worst for RP on this server, and the severe railroading and intervention that marked that era was the worst it had been since Feweh's era of "you can be banned for deploying with unrealistic loadouts". The staff policy nowdays is the best its been imo, and allows for far more player freedom and sandbox, the only thing stopping you from RP is yourself, literally just make some buddies in round and have fun thats the point
    The development team did both unintentionally and intentionally for years degraded the standards of roleplay on CM.
    If you do not understand the concept of creating a game that encourages roleplay VIA Mechanics/Gameplay then I'm really not interested in writing another essay explaining how you do this. I will say though, that every game that is roleplay oriented/focused has mechanics or limitations in it's game to foster roleplay and limit high speed action.

I'm not even going to bother listing examples to you anymore, since you clearly ignore them despite me laying them out to you numerous times over the years already. In-fact, if TheSolider or any other high-ranking CM Staff want to chime in on how the Dev Team over the years streamlined CM's gameplay in a TDM game, by all means please do since we've all had that talk already. I've said this before but I'll say it again, CM was a more complex and intriguing game years ago and now it's a simplistic action shooter. It's ok that CM has evolved and changed over-time, what wasn't ok was for years CM sat at this half-way pretending to be a Roleplay/Action game when it wasn't.

and Dreven, you are a Low-RP player, you always have been and always will be. You don't need to try and re-write history yourself to justify why you were banned for Cargonia 2.0 or why you enjoy the current ruleset better than previously. It's ok to be a Low-RP player, thats who you are and you don't need to keep spitting propaganda otherwise.
    Last edited by Fewher; 08-21-2021 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    and Dreven, you are a Low-RP player, you always have been and always will be. You don't need to try and re-write history yourself to justify why you were banned for Cargonia 2.0 or why you enjoy the current ruleset better than previously. It's ok to be a Low-RP player, thats who you are and you don't need to keep spitting propaganda otherwise.
    "golden era" manager btw
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss out on this so called "Golden Age Manager". What was it like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was like a golden age duh, idiot