• UNGA

5 13.89%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: muh RP - Problems with current CM meta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well when you have people saying on spawn "Let's hive dive bois" and other meme shit and not get punished... that's not a dev problem. It was a slow decline from 4 years ago to where CM is now, and it's very obvious how big its devolved after not playing for a year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulferion View Post
    Instead of dumming down the game, let's play to the ss13 strenghts and add complexity. Instead of streamlining everything let's add depth. Instead of gamey mechanics and menus, let's focus on roleplay and player interaction. Instead of PFCs being able to solo everything let's focus on teamwork.
    Instead of making a natural selection/foxhole clone let's make CM
    I don't believe it's possible to shift this community of CM toward a more RP oriented gameplay anymore. Someone would have to start a new server for that type of experience and I don't think splitting the population between 2 CM servers would work well either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i only have one thing to say.

pre-permanest Era.

thank you.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also dreven is the same mfer who plays wamajamams windhelm on the 40k server aswell as literally everything else so I wouldn't argue with him at all :3

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    I don't believe it's possible to shift this community of CM toward a more RP oriented gameplay anymore. Someone would have to start a new server for that type of experience and I don't think splitting the population between 2 CM servers would work well either.
    I shitposted with the idea there should be two servers, a normal TDM type server and the second server would actually be a barebones Alamayer or a Colony map with a skeleton crew running things while marines were asleep. There would be limited access to weapons and such, and the antagonist of the round would be a CLF agent, Synth gone rogue, or a Xeno drone/lurker.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I shitposted with the idea there should be two servers, a normal TDM type server and the second server would actually be a barebones Alamayer or a Colony map with a skeleton crew running things while marines were asleep. There would be limited access to weapons and such, and the antagonist of the round would be a CLF agent, Synth gone rogue, or a Xeno drone/lurker.
    That sounds HRP Survival Horror/Action Drama that is going to be 100% based.

Also coincidentally, probably be used as a place for muhreens to chill and get gud at any tactics that require more ungacells then "shoot at bad thing".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    So, an Aliens SS13 server that'd has gameplay similar to Aliens: Isolation? Might be a fun game mode, who knows.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulferion View Post
    Fewher happens to be right here tho. And the fact that all you could come up with to counter his statement is a meme response repeated over and over is only proof how toxic and immature the CM community has become.
    The "golden age" meme is posted over and over because the level of cognitive dissonance and deluding required to think Feweh is the cause of the best era of CM is so ridiculous there's no need for any further statement
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BIgboyyo View Post
    The "golden age" meme is posted over and over because the level of cognitive dissonance and deluding required to think Feweh is the cause of the best era of CM is so ridiculous there's no need for any further statement
    I never said his era was the best. I wasn't around during that time so i wouldn't know. Hell i don't even agree with everything he says. But he does point out a lot of good points i happen to agree with.

As for my comment, i meant he was right about Dreven. Either way replying with memes to a serious conversation is a childish behaviour at best in any context.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyway so I went ahead and played TGMC as synth (if you see a synth named Mira mk2 say hi) skill restriction isn't present on most things (you know pill bottle and defibbing)
    this means a normal marine can become a medic in a pinch if needed.
    they still have the old body parts necrotizing and wounds infection. but guess what. I unironically think these things are great because saving people is a legitimate test of knowledge and skills. the feelings when I'm surrounded by 5 people who need surgery and I may not even have enough medicines to treat everyone. I think those feelings are better because it means having a competent doctor/medic can genuinely make a difference in the round.
    also just in general it gives individual players the option to make or break a round with their absurd variety of weapon loadouts.
    anyway this is just my poor grammar rant of why TGMC is good and CM bad
    CM still has it's charm but we really should look at what made CM so liked to begin with and see if we can re-implement features that would make the game more fun and engaging