Byond ID?
    Merdek1234

CM Character?
    Joanna Baryka

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT+2

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    10-20

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    no

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    baystation 12, fortune 13.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    none

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    no

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    no

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    no

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    No

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    investigate it first, checks players notes and what exactly happen.
    if proper escalation and RP were folowed, leave it to the MP's.
    if not, infrom him about escalation rules/ RP standarts, if the player have already notes about similar behavior, issue a 3 hour ban and add a note.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    as a moderator, i can't handle WL ahelps unless they are breaking server rules, i would encourage player to make report and inform him about predator ckey.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    cleary a new player, inform SEA about new cannon fodder on the ship.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    ask him/her to stop insulting me, if he/she don't stop add a note and issue 3 hour ban.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    infrom the player that this name is breaking rule 9 and ask him/her to change it.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    more IC issue than OOC, i would leave it to the MP's, but i would keep player in mind if he starts doing dumb shit

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Survivors aren't allowed to be hostile to the marines, they might roleplay as paranoic or have PTSD form xeno attack but they can't be outright hostile unless they were spawned as hostile survivors as a part of the event, add notes or/and ban survivors and a-heal killed marines.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    sound like a major ML breach, first check what exactly happen.
    if player was indeed locked in perma for theft, infrom MP thats not how ML works and send him/her links to ML and add a note.
    But if the MP has history of breaching ML, issue a 3 hour ban and possible a job ban from MP roles.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would order queen to launch the DS via Queen Mother annoucments, xenos will propably die, but they will go to the sky hive with a style.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    i would try to resolve it IC first but if it fails i would ahelp him. but if i'm only staff member on the server i would add a note and ban him if he have more notes for similar behavior.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    EORG rule does not apply to faction that are hostile towards eachother, inform player that he can shot at marine and vice versa even if the round is over.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    ask player why he done this and add a note for LRP and greffing or ban player if he has history of simiral behavior.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    first, investgiate, if marine was killed becouse he was pounching/disarming another marine, explain to murderer that he still needs to folow escalation rules,
    add a note and ban player if he have more notes of improper escalation.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    inform marines via MOOC that mutiny wasn't approved and tell them to stop, if they don't, asleep them and punish them accordingly.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    inform player that racist jokes are forbidden in CM, add a note and ban player if he already have notes about racist behavior

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    aheal killed marines, ban and add a note for the player who done this.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    ask larva why he went to frontline as larva, add a note, if this is repeat behavior, ban

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    add a note for LRP, ban him for 3 hours if the player don't stop or have more notes of LRP as xeno.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    xeno hivemind is translation xenos thoughs so using words such as dropship, SADAR or APC are allowed, explain it to the ahelping player.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    remind player that marines don't know what happen in the colony and they are unaweare that there is xeno infestation there.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    well, this question is indeed tricky, if player tried to RP before he killed the victim, like "get the fuck from the pod i was first here!" and gave victim time to leave the pod i don't see problem here,
    but if player just went to the pod and killed marine without warrning i would add a note.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    ask another moderator to deal with the player. but incase i'm only moderator on the server, ask player to stop and add note, if he don't, ban him for 3 hours.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    marines and xenos don't have SSD protection, inform player that he should go to medbay to have it removed.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    inform him about his mistakes, if he was doing it on purpose, ask someone higher to talk to him about it.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    do nothing, if they keep arguing about ask senior moderator or manager to resolve the issue.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    well, becouse my friends encourage me to do so. and i want to make CM beter place for everyone.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    patience.

Anything else you
    i'm polish. and i want WL on MW role.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep in mind you can also just spawn yourself in as SEA. that is all I have to add

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merdek1234 View Post
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    investigate it first, checks players notes and what exactly happen.
    if proper escalation and RP were folowed, leave it to the MP's.
    if not, infrom him about escalation rules/ RP standarts, if the player have already notes about similar behavior, issue a 3 hour ban and add a note.
    Decent answer.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    as a moderator, i can't handle WL ahelps unless they are breaking server rules, i would encourage player to make report and inform him about predator ckey.
    Decent answer. However keep in mind that you can talk to them, sometimes its a very simple misunderstanding of HC, and encouraging a PR for that is not quite the right call in such a case.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    cleary a new player, inform SEA about new cannon fodder on the ship.
    OK answer, but keep in mind that you are a SEA yourself, and can also help them too if you want, and you actually have better tools to do it than mentors.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    ask him/her to stop insulting me, if he/she don't stop add a note and issue 3 hour ban.
    Good answer.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    infrom the player that this name is breaking rule 9 and ask him/her to change it.
    Ok so far, one detail to keep in mind is that you do note this interaction occurring. And also check notes to see if its a first offense or repeated.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    more IC issue than OOC, i would leave it to the MP's, but i would keep player in mind if he starts doing dumb shit
    Should probably check notes, front-lining as ship side roles is an OOC issue. But yes, you probably should wait until they actually frontline.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Survivors aren't allowed to be hostile to the marines, they might roleplay as paranoic or have PTSD form xeno attack but they can't be outright hostile unless they were spawned as hostile survivors as a part of the event, add notes or/and ban survivors and a-heal killed marines.
    Good answer.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    sound like a major ML breach, first check what exactly happen.
    if player was indeed locked in perma for theft, infrom MP thats not how ML works and send him/her links to ML and add a note.
    But if the MP has history of breaching ML, issue a 3 hour ban and possible a job ban from MP roles.
    Good answer.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would order queen to launch the DS via Queen Mother annoucments, xenos will propably die, but they will go to the sky hive with a style.
    Decent answer. Though keep in mind you are restricted from using that function as Tmod.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    i would try to resolve it IC first but if it fails i would ahelp him. but if i'm only staff member on the server i would add a note and ban him if he have more notes for similar behavior.
    Ehh im not sure about this answer, in part because, your language doesn't seem very clear. You cant mod events you are involved ICly, there is an exception to this for grief if you are the sole mod, but in general you should just ask for more mods to come from discord. The way i am reading your answer, it seems somewhat wrong. Im not sure what you mean by ooc? do you mean ahelps, or looc or putting him to sleep? Either way, you probably should not involve yourself as a mod even if you stop short of notes and bans.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    EORG rule does not apply to faction that are hostile towards eachother, inform player that he can shot at marine and vice versa even if the round is over.
    Acceptable answer. Though i personally interpret this question as 'the ahelp comes after the round ends', not that its an ahelp about eorg. Either way, you did answer the question in spirit correctly.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    ask player why he done this and add a note for LRP and greffing or ban player if he has history of simiral behavior.
    Acceptable answer, as depending on what is stolen it can be grief, but its not automatically so.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    first, investgiate, if marine was killed becouse he was pounching/disarming another marine, explain to murderer that he still needs to folow escalation rules,
    add a note and ban player if he have more notes of improper escalation.
    Good answer.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    inform marines via MOOC that mutiny wasn't approved and tell them to stop, if they don't, asleep them and punish them accordingly.
    Decent answer.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    inform player that racist jokes are forbidden in CM, add a note and ban player if he already have notes about racist behavior
    Do investigate if they did say it.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    aheal killed marines, ban and add a note for the player who done this.
    Good answer.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    ask larva why he went to frontline as larva, add a note, if this is repeat behavior, ban
    Good answer.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    add a note for LRP, ban him for 3 hours if the player don't stop or have more notes of LRP as xeno.
    Good answer.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    xeno hivemind is translation xenos thoughs so using words such as dropship, SADAR or APC are allowed, explain it to the ahelping player.
    Good answer.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    remind player that marines don't know what happen in the colony and they are unaweare that there is xeno infestation there.
    Good answer, but do remember to note.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    well, this question is indeed tricky, if player tried to RP before he killed the victim, like "get the fuck from the pod i was first here!" and gave victim time to leave the pod i don't see problem here,
    but if player just went to the pod and killed marine without warrning i would add a note.
    Generally, this tends to be permitted. The exact circumstances can make it go either way in terms of when it becomes a breach and there is a lot of gray area. The exact rule specifies this as an exemption "There is one evac pod left and four people are trying to board it. The Hive is closing in on you, in desperation you kill the marine in front of you to take their place." This means that if xenos are on the screen or DS just crashed, this tends to be in the fine camp, but if hijack was just announced, then yes a note does seem reasonable.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    ask another moderator to deal with the player. but incase i'm only moderator on the server, ask player to stop and add note, if he don't, ban him for 3 hours.
    Decent answer, but its the same as rule as the person being rude to you in an ahelp, you do not actually have to pass it on to someone else.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    marines and xenos don't have SSD protection, inform player that he should go to medbay to have it removed.
    Good answer.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    inform him about his mistakes, if he was doing it on purpose, ask someone higher to talk to him about it.
    Decent answer, the someone higher up is usually management in this case.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    do nothing, if they keep arguing about ask senior moderator or manager to resolve the issue.
    Decent answer, though keep in mind the people arguing can be smod or higher too, in which case another smod does not exactly have such authority, this is also not exactly a what id consider a small dispute and really should be taken to management if they can not agree.

Anything else you
    i'm polish. and i want WL on MW role.
    This alone is should be enough of a reason to +1.

I will not bother with questions on ML or Command, i dont think they would server any purpose given the roles you play and are most known for. ML tends to be one of the topics that gives mods a hard time and you are very familiar with it already.

I dont recall seeing you ever in medical, or engi roles, I would advise some familiarity with them if you don't have it, there are a lot of ahelps about bugs and mechanics of the game too. Additionally they are kinda core requirements for SEA, though you do not have to play that role, and you usually can defer all mechanics questions to mentors too.

You do have quite a few spelling mistakes in your app, this will hurt you more with some other mods, and they tend to not like the lack of capitalization either. With the exception of the 1 question i don't have any trouble following what you are saying, so personally im not too bothered by it. In general the kind of spelling mistakes you have are for words that any spellchecker will highlight and is viewed as a lack of effort.

Your answers by enlarge tend to be decent, and i dont think the wrong ones cant be ironed out in training.

In general i like you as a player and you tend to be well behaved on the server.

All this said, I still think ill be leaning +1 overall.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I have never seen you in game (might just be a timezone issue), your answer is pretty decent and Ito have gone through over all of them nicely, should be fine for trial +1

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen you around a couple times. You have pretty good answers and a firm understanding of the rules. +1

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MP main staff invasion of 2021 continues.

Good player that tries to play a variety of roles, including a reliable Warden.

Your answers were already dissected and I don't have much to add beyond what was already said.

It's sometimes clear in your answers that English is not your primary language, this has never actually stopped me from understanding what you're saying so I don't think that will be an issue for you while doing mod stuff.

Generally an easy +1 from me. Good luck.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will review this tomorrow
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to be good stuff all around, any concerns I had have already been touched on, no reason to rehash. And I've seen you enough in-game to be comfortable with giving this a +1
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answers good, notes are decent, happy to have you on board!

Welcome to the mod team! I'll send you a DM on discord soonish with details and an invite to staff discord

You'll start out as a Trial Moderator for a period of roughly two weeks pending your sign-off from one of the training team.

Welcome to the team!
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)