Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Regarding Recent Events: Late Edition

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding Recent Events: Late Edition

Hey everyone, I know I'm rather late on this whole thing but my computer has been busted for a bit so I couldn't easily access the forums or server during that time. This is a public apology for all the drama that is/was going on for a week or so ago. I'm not going to be talking about or debunking all the things Zane said against me on his departure from CM, I'm just apologizing for what I did do wrong.

I'm sorry for spawning in as many items as I did. While it was never my intent to give myself an advantage over the normal player, I realize that what I was doing can be unfair and I apologize for that. Maybe it was just the fact I had the mindset that I going to sit down and just enjoy a round of CM for the first time in months, but regardless that doesn't excuse my actions.

I'm sorry for dealing with a case I was involved in myself. Even though the player was just given a warning, it can undeniably be said that I could have had a bias going into the case. While I consider myself fair in as many cases as I can, that doesn't change the fact that it should have been given to another staff not involved to check over everything.

Most of all though, I'm sorry for all of this being a thing in the first place. The CM Community, while undeniably very flawed, means a lot to me and I want to make it as good of a place as possible. While CM Community and "good" may be two things that are impossible in the same sentence, that's my goal overall. To me, this doesn't mean banning people who cause problems, but just trying to get things to work and be as fair to everyone as possible. I'm not leaving CM by any stretch of the imagination right now and going forward I want to give my best to help make CM the best it can be while I'm here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You arent that bad. The last person in your position hijacked rounds with dumb events and powertripped regularly so really what you did is mild in comparision. You are doing ok so keep it up

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All good.

Thanks for helping out the community with shit.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You deal with a lot of stress already, don't think we hate you.

Love you CM mom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An apology really doesn't solve anything here, seeing as multiple staff members left as a result of it, and it was repeated incidents with no concern for those involved. I'm pretty sure that, had the pair of ex-staff not put this out in the open, it would never have been admitted nor apologised for.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you are doing your best in an unpaid, stressful job and I salute you for that. Mistake happen as we are only human.

Keep it up Emerald and thanks for all you are doing for the community.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there we go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    basically to enjoy playing as a marine you have to spawn yourself items in>state of the game

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaznoodles View Post
    An apology really doesn't solve anything here, seeing as multiple staff members left as a result of it, and it was repeated incidents with no concern for those involved. I'm pretty sure that, had the pair of ex-staff not put this out in the open, it would never have been admitted nor apologised for.
    So what do we do with people when they make a mistake, eh? Do we throw them off a cliff? Do we throw them to the wolves? Do we berate them until we're all blue in the gills? None of those things will solve anything. When a person makes a mistake you help lift that person back up. You do this because they're the ones in need of help at that moment.

Emerald apologized for a mistake she made, this is not an easy thing to do. As far as I know this isn't a chronic issue, and thus far I would imagine a large portion of the community agrees that she has been doing her job quite well. She's not here to be an ass or to screw things up, she's here because she loves this game and this community. Do you think that you can help her out with this?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    So what do we do with people when they make a mistake, eh? Do we throw them off a cliff? Do we throw them to the wolves? Do we berate them until we're all blue in the gills? None of those things will solve anything. When a person makes a mistake you help lift that person back up. You do this because they're the ones in need of help at that moment.

Emerald apologized for a mistake she made, this is not an easy thing to do. As far as I know this isn't a chronic issue, and thus far I would imagine a large portion of the community agrees that she has been doing her job quite well. She's not here to be an ass or to screw things up, she's here because she loves this game and this community. Do you think that you can help her out with this?
    There are different kind of mistakes. Ones that you admit you did before anyone did, and those you apology after somebody pointed it out.
    I'm personally kind of guy who is more likey to "forgive" murderer who came to the police by himself and admitted that he did that, than petty thef that will only admit that he did when he was caught during criminal activity and after hearing that the police have 10 witnesses, camera footage, prints, DNA from hairs etc.
    Also how previous similar "cases" were resolved are a major factor here.

It's also a bit of a "personall", for me atleast. All those posts about "I enjoy my wins hard earned", "short feel of a god" and "you are supposed to enjoy losing as marine" from staff/xeno mains/staff xeno mains are flushed down the toilet when: "I'm sorry for spawning in as many items as I did. While it was never my intent to give myself an advantage over the normal player..." and "... going to sit down and just enjoy a round of CM for the first time in months..."
    This means that even high ranking staff thinks unconsciously that it's very hard/nearly impossible to enjoy playing as marine with standard gear.
    This affects me as a marine player and player at all. It's like turning SS13 into "Pay2Win/BeAStaff2Win" with addition of forced unbalanced gameplay. Imagine what could have happen when League of Legends would add something like that. One team has one player less, but the rest are much stronger, they all have big resistances, some of them have immunity to certain abilities of other team, respawn, growing stronger with time, night vision, "x-ray" and they can do whatever they want, while other team has only one player more, shitty abilities with one fairly strong that if that character dies, it will not come back, no respawn, worse overall statistic and they have rules to not use certain tactics.
    Gee... I wonder if it would be still quite popular.

Shit talk on reddit does not affect me/players, or my gameplay. Staff "double crossing" themselfs does not affect me/players gameplay. It's a bit selfish opinion, but it's mine and it's honest.

I'm not a fan of "jail/exile" punishment, instead there should be something like "public services". Make the damn game balanced, so it will be fun for all that try and if one tries harder, then he has bigger chances to win. As simply as that.

By the way: How spawning items that are better than those commonly available (and themselfs practically unavailable in normal gameplay [incendiary pistol magazines]) will not "give myself an advantage over the normal player"?
    If some runner will be caught during olympics with amphetamine syringe in his/her pants that is ready to use, but unused and he/she will say "No worries mates! Yes, I indeed brought this illegal doping substance and yes, I'm having it with myself, but my intent was not to give myself unfair adventage over other runners!". Who would belive? Would that runner avoid "justice"/punishment?
    Last edited by CABAL; 02-12-2019 at 01:54 PM.