Their BYOND Key
    Ito726
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    7:00 AM 8/6/2021
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    -Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    -Listen to higher ranking staff members
    Description of the incident
    PMed me near or at round end quoting me saying.

"That's why I'm asking CO to change it, random ass nigga from HC"

This is after said random nigga from HC told me to remove my headband and put on appropriate headgear

saying "this is not okay for multiple reasons."

knowing that's bullshit, I reply that "I don't remember asking"

Nigga with a soft A has already been deemed clear, and it wasn't DASO cause the person I was talking to was a gunny, not an officer. even if you could perceive that I was talking to the other dude, they didn't have a discernable rank anyway

Right after I asked the mod in question, to point at the rulebreak, then "note or ban me nigga" exactly like that. now, this isn't exactly respectful but I don't ever remember asking to get to the point bannable

now for some reason, I get a day ban for this, the mod in question claiming that I used nigga as an insult (I used nigga exactly how you're meant to use it, as greenlit by both soldier and nanu)

not just that I'm.... literally black. IC and OOC. how tf am I being racist by saying nigga again?
    Evidence
    Reason: Racism and MR Rule. Kept saying nigga whole round as MP. Broke ML (DASO) and used nigga as an insult: "That's why im asking CO to change it, random ass nigga from HC.". Escalating due to note history regarding niggea variants. Escalating due to insulting staff "did I ask you if it was okay.... at any point? point at the rule break, note, or ban, then get out my PMs nigga".
    This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 1440 minutes.
    How you would punish the accused
    I want the note off and to be unbanned
    Last edited by FortyPercent; 08-10-2021 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Corrected ckey and names

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ml charge, is probably wrong, and should be corrected at a minimum. I assumed it was towards an officer or someone who counted as one in the provost team, but it seems that was probably not the case, however Minor Insub wouldst technically apply, if this is ruled to have been an insult/disrespectful. It was noted primarily as I was I was dealing with the incident as a whole, but I dont have an issue if this part is deemed that it should have been handled solely icly, and removed, regardless of what happens with the rest of the note.

As for the rest, whoever deals with it can judge intent, on how its used.

I interpreted "note or ban me nigga" after their intial dismissive attitude as them saying i dont care, ban or whatever, rather then an invitation to discuss it further, and then ban or whatever. If i misunderstood that, apologies, i will explain below.

The rules regarding nigga as best i know them are, using it in a friendly manner is fine, but using it as an insult is not. Being black or otherwise, both icly or oocly is immaterial on weather or not you can use it on this server (not that i knew you were black when I issued the ban). The day ban comes from a history of notes regarding similar words, including hard-rs. And my interpretation of the rather dismissive/rude attitude towards staff. If this is deemed to not have been the case or relevant, I agree, ban and note should be removed.

as for the charges:
    -Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    Someone ahelped.

-Listen to higher ranking staff members
    I did consult with higher up staff before issuing it.
    Last edited by ito726; 08-07-2021 at 12:16 AM.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the thing is, the soft a (nigga) literally cannot be used as an insult. at any point IC or OOC you can replace it with dude, or bro, and whatever sentence you changed will be the same. this was a 24h ban for what amounts to..... a mistaken offense and an IC ML rule break, which didn't even happen.
    Characters:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna be pulling the logs for this over the next couple days.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pending Logs.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Character name of accuser was Kawami Briggs, not Tio Briggs, adjusted initial post. Also put in the proper ckey of accused.

The incident:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The Ahelp:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Additional incidents of knuffles doing the thing (just since 16:00):
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The Exchange:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ito asking another mod for input:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The Ban:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Admin chat logs sent to Mod-Manager.
    Last edited by FortyPercent; 08-13-2021 at 08:49 AM.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disregarding the constant use of the word, as it fits under the current roleplay guidelines and slur rules, MPs are required to follow Marine Law. Consulting with other managers, it's agreed that your conversation with respect to members of High Command could come off as directly disrespectful to people of a superior position, constituting DASO or Insubordination.
    To then respond to an Admin PM by responding "Did I ask you if it's okay" is not acceptable and not really something we generally tolerate.

I'm denying this report on Marine Law and Respectfulness to staff grounds, even if you disagree with staff your attitude was too hostile here. The note will stay.

Report denied.
    Last edited by Somenerd; 08-13-2021 at 12:33 PM.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)