User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Ultimate Queen Guide] Rip && Tear (Image Heavy)

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to reading this, I feel that if I ever make the mistake of rolling queen while under the influence at around 1 AM (incidentally how I did my first XO round) I would successfully fight the marines into a stalemate that's torture for both sides instead of dying horribly right after first drop or something. Especially the building parts are very informative and I wish more Queens would follow the build or die advice.

While hopefully this will either be somewhat resolved either via policy or mechanical change, I suggest a quick note on afk larva and what to do with them.

To explain to the uninitiated - some players forget they have the "join as xeno when unrevivably dead" switch on and after they die as Marine they go off to eat/the toiler/shitpost in lrc or metacord of their choice about how its the Marines fault they died after solo charging 3 woyers, get picked as the next larva and just sort of sit there as a result. Because going AFK while dead is not against the rules, on highpop rounds this annoyingly can lead to several afk mature larva just sitting there, wasting slots and evo ticks. This is an issue.

While staff tries to cycle those out as they see them (simply removing the assigned Ckey from the larva in question makes it jump back into the spawn pool and be reassigned to another ghosted player) if you see a Mature Larva hanging out in the pool, 95% chances they are afk. 5% chances they'll move when you're ahelping this.

Smack that F1 button, pick ahelp and do a very quick "afk larva at pool" or, if you have them, "number, number, number afk at pool" (the latter makes it way easier for an admin to resolve this fast, but ultimately it shouldn't be on you to work this out as you have Queen/Xeno shit to do) and unless staff is asleep, you should have actually awake larva within minutes.

I would also suggest that if you happen to see a CO (Very hurty gun, most of us are vain idiots who go to the AO in suboptimal drip, sometimes MP detail recognizable by black and red uniforms and tacshotties; if you ever see a HG deploy with a Mk1 instead - shame them) taking them out via capping or gibing can mess marine coordination up pretty bad. At the very least in most cases you are taking out their tablet, meaning half as many big CIC messages.

Lastly, if not sure who to target among non-spec, non-sg marines - I suggest making note of those who remember to clear weeds and especially walls. Anyone can one or two tap a resin node in passing, but clearing walls requires some effort and pushing marines will usually see it as a waste of time. Sometimes in a push of 20 only 3 marines will remember to do that despite CIC begging them over and over to please clear those weeds oh my god and that's just a recipe for disaster.
    Last edited by silencer_pl; 02-08-2022 at 08:19 PM.
    Senior Administrator