August 7, 2021
    Your Character Name?
    Eugienia'Nordica'Northey
    Their BYOND Key
    Schalkguy
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    9:30 am CST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    1. Send a personal message (PM) to the violator asking them to explain their actions
    Description of the incident
    I was alpha SL and after the last xeno was killed and the round was won I said 'fuck yeah my niggas' when addressing my squad, as a 'Good job dudes/bros' whatever you wanna call it. One of my fellow alpha marines, called 'Sergio 'Bucket' Burkett requests that I not call them the n word, and because being nice on request is not exactly my characters strongsuit, they refuse. Then I get PM'd later on discord by Schalkguy that I will be noted and banned for saying nigga, as they deem it a slur.

Let me state right now that I was purely meaning it in an IC 'bro' sense, and I roleplayed my liberty loving character and the 1st ammendment that they love so fondly, and their stupid white girl entitlement personality that attempts to be hip with the youth. If I had been bwoinked, and this IC scenario been taken into the OOC, I would've stopped right then and there. But no such thing happened. I had no reason to believe someone being called nigga would OOCly offend them after I say 'good job my niggas' to the squad I just bled and fought with during the deployment. If it was possible for an OOC action to be taken like them LOOCing me that they're uncomfortable IRL, or if a moderator tells me that via a bwoink I would've stopped in a heartbeat. To me I was roleplaying my character when they get told not to do something.

If Sergio reads this I apologise for you have IRL displeasement for being called nigga while playing CM, and meant no harm. Sorry man. It was just RP to me, and as previously stated I would've stopped if it was brought up to OOC terms, but it was not, and that is why I think Schalkguy broke protocol.

All in game and discord bits are in the evidence as screenshots.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    Removal of the note and whatever the manager of Schalkguy believes is best.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pending logs, administrator assigned.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zab talking to Sergio over comms:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ban reason:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, so.

We do allow the usage of the soft n-word in the context of homie, bro, etc. This does not give anyone the excuse to use it in a derogatory, racist, or insulting manner.

I've had to think about this one a little bit because it's honestly kind of complicated. No one here strictly speaking did anything wrong according to current rules and procedures besides where to draw the line between IC and OOC disapproval.
    You were using the word (mostly) as intended under current rules and weren't as far as I can see being deliberately racist towards someone, but you absolutely skirt the lines by refusing to stop using it when another player tells you to stop. We have rules against being a dick. The only complication is whether you thought this was IC disapproval or OOC disapproval.
    The person who contacted staff regarding the issue did not do anything wrong by doing so, and the member of staff involved handled the issue relatively appropriately. The main issue is that the complaint was too late and you somehow did not realise that this IC disapproval was also OOC disapproval.

Personally? I'd say that if someone tells you to stop, ICly, that should ring HEAVY alarm bells to maybe tone it down, because it might not just be IC disapproval. I have my own issues with the way this is enforced, but based purely on the assumption that you were unaware that the player was OOCly hurt, I will amend the note. Otherwise, be extremely careful when someone is telling you to tone it down ICly.

Resolved. The note will be amended to include that you were unaware the other player was hurt at the time, no action will be taken against the staff member.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)