User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: On the subject of slurs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hate to say it but Somenerd's response actually just proved Pollard's points.

Also, on Kugamo's point. Actually. Solid. I can confirm that reducing taboo-ness of certain elements within the game can reduce overall incentive to use them. Same thing as the term Xeno-mad, why would people spam it? Cause it is satisfying to get the xeno mains reaction, especially when they are mad.

The more you say no, the more people want to do it.

But good luck getting staff to agree with you and implement it properly.

This server is becoming a snowflake server and is evidence to Pollard's point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread makes me want to kiss the same sex

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casada_Radio View Post
    Hate to say it but Somenerd's response actually just proved Pollard's points.

Also, on Kugamo's point. Actually. Solid. I can confirm that reducing taboo-ness of certain elements within the game can reduce overall incentive to use them. Same thing as the term Xeno-mad, why would people spam it? Cause it is satisfying to get the xeno mains reaction, especially when they are mad.

The more you say no, the more people want to do it.

But good luck getting staff to agree with you and implement it properly.

This server is becoming a snowflake server and is evidence to Pollard's point.
    I mean again, if you leave the server because you can't say slurs, then I don't think you were around for the game anyway.

I've literally been in servers that allow all forms of slur usage and believe me, they just turn into toxic shitfests full of people who are incredibly easy to make angry by merely existing.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh this thread is more about ‘nigga’ rather then slurs. And nigga just means bro, it insanity people are getting noted for it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Tbh this thread is more about ‘nigga’ rather then slurs. And nigga just means bro, it insanity people are getting noted for it.
    The current stance on that word is that it's allowed in the context of homie or bro, but spamming it or using it in a negative or racist context will still get you beaned. I'm looking at the reports later, got a lot to clear.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Somenerd View Post
    I mean again, if you leave the server because you can't say slurs, then I don't think you were around for the game anyway.

I've literally been in servers that allow all forms of slur usage and believe me, they just turn into toxic shitfests full of people who are incredibly easy to make angry by merely existing.
    Pretty sure a lot of people are leaving the server due to an accumulative amount of reason not just one. No one said they are leaving the server cause of one reason. It is usually a large combination of bad things in the server. When n word with hard R was banned people were still playing the game because yea ok you cant say n word with hard R, but you can still dunk xenomains and scream xeno mad like a monkey.

Just read the recent threads and wide ranging discussions in discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    A guy was noted because using the word retard is an "Ableist Slur".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not care if you don't like the fact you can't say slurs. If the only reason you're sticking around the server is because you're allowed to say slurs, that's honestly pretty embarassing. I understand that some people have difficulties adjusting their language compared to what they use in their private friend groups and such, but we're not your private friend group. We don't try to instantly yeet someone for saying a no-no word, but we're a community and we have guidelines, expectation and etiquette about how people are supposed to behave.
    As you said yourself you guys had guidelines. The "nigga" stuff wasnt even bannable before new moderators and when you came into seat as a mod manager.

Also no one said that we are sticking around because of slurs. You said that yourself. We hate it that you guys enforce it incorrectly because the "slur" that was used means "family, brother, friend" and widely used by black people in real life.

To add salt to injury one of the moderators banned a black guy (in real life as others said) for saying "nigga" without checking the context on how its used.

We have a large variety of people that play and enjoy our game, especially as one of the largest servers on the hub. I've witnessed so many cool and talented people come and go because of toxicity and an environment which flat out just does not support them, or are talking constant shit about people like them. You might just think it's harmless fun, but these things have actual consequences, and people hide behind this shit or get really subtle about their homophobia/transphobia/racism all of the time.
    Come and go because of toxicity?
    No one cares if you're asian, white, black or some shit in the server
    No one cares about your gender in the server
    No one calls slurs to each other in the server.
    No one in their right mind who has an established character and visible CKEY to staff members that will jeopardize their reputation with the friends they have in the server by saying hard slurs

What you're saying here is bullshit because when i was a moderator i could count with my fingers on how many people i banned or warned by saying NIG and FAG and as someone who literally plays the game 24/7 like theres no tomorrow someone saying nig or fag in the server RARELY happens even as a non staff right now i dont see any people saying any slurs at all.
    Seriously. I dare you guys to search for hard n, fagg*ts and see how much of it shows up in the gpanel logs. You will literally see it probably used once or even none in a day.

Also what do you mean doesnt flat out support them? You mean like how everyone just didnt give a fuck whatever race, gender or country a person lives in? Do you think normal people will care about that? People only care if you are cool and fun to play with in this game.
    Toxicity? Like how people make fun of DMT and saying they have a UAV and metacord against him? Thats the only toxicity we have in the discord and everything else is not welcome.
    There had been no toxicity that was a direct attack to someone because they were black/trans.

The pride flag incident shit that happened in the discord wasnt even toxicity. No one is special and everyone is the same. You and i were part of those people. Then the status quo was broken when CM staff suddenly started supporting a side. So some people started losing their shit and everyone took this as an opportunity to weed out people who doesnt align with their movement.
    Hell maybe im in the shitlist now for some certain people because i didnt support the movement.

You guys were the ones causing a problem by changing a ruleset that has been always respected by the players. Which is easy to understand.

The Rule about the racism SIMPLIFIED until you guys changed the rule and started banning everyone
    -Dont say hard N, fagg*ts etc or any slurs
    -You can say nigga but dont use it to attack someone. Nigga can mean (family, brother, sister, comrade in black communities not limited of usage of every single race) depending on the context

There is no problem to fix because there wasnt a problem anyways.
    The problems arose when people started applying their own beliefs.

In a military ship in where your CMO might be japanese. Your battle buddy as a black man, Your engineer a straight white man, Or CO being gay in their dossier. No one gave a shit about that. No one gives a fuck about your IC character or how fucking badass they were. Everyone was just literally like everyone. No one was special. No one was given special treatment.

I dont want another forum infraction please. This was how it was ruled back then. I didnt ban people for saying nigga as a moderator unless it attacked someone or it was spammed.
    Last edited by Sakuyoi; 08-08-2021 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to make CM a safe space is quite risible and I agree with Pollard’s points.
    People aren’t leaving because they can’t say slurs, they are leaving because CM discord is becoming some sort of disney channel where you need to live in a fairy tale where bad words do not exist... in a game where limbs get cut and gore/blood is everywhere.

I’ve been in servers with the same rule, nothing ever happened out of it except for the obvious griefers/spammers who just get banned.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Pollard View Post
    Please stop turning CM into some sorta safespace, it doesnt do anything but create meaningless issues
    Please stop playing this game and let this hugbox run its course. It's all well past the point of no return
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    be me I already migrated to playing TG and now I can't stop beating people over the head with toolbox only to get tossed out into the fucking lava moment later for my crime against the lizard