User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xeno Rebalance Playtest Discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really looking forward to trying this out next time it is tested. A flatter power curve is something I've always wanted to see, the lurker nerfs don't sound don't sound too heavy either. Less decap assassin and more pounce-slash-run.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So as long as the queen is on ovi and the hive has larvas they can just keep chucking young/mature T3s with the flattened power curve and not lose out a lot right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttly View Post
    So as long as the queen is on ovi and the hive has larvas they can just keep chucking young/mature T3s with the flattened power curve and not lose out a lot right?
    Young T3s are still relatively easy to kill - and that's assuming marines dont push after annihilating your T3s, and that you have enough larvas to continue producing T3s, and the players for it, and that marines don't push while your T2s are evolving.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Whitelisted Synthetic themaskedman2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't play a lot but I do feel weird that at points it would feel like you "Aren't" getting stronger at a certain level. What if I want to put the time investment into getting to Elder Lurker instead of a Mature Ravager? No more stat increases then? Then again if your getting to that level in the first place twice as fast it could even out.....

Is there a new Xeno age level? I didn't notice it, is it like 3000 ticks or something silly like that?

Anyways yeah I haven't played it enough to have a massive opinion on it, generally my worry is that some castes that used to be a reward for getting there might feel like a punishment for not evolving at all, like you might as well only cap out at Mature then? Once again, just first impressions from only playing one round of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO mutators should be the primary benefit of aging up as it actually provides a choice (though the current selection is pretty poor and most of time provides no real choice). Stat increases with age could be completely removed if we get interesting mutators in exchange.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by themaskedman2 View Post
    I didn't play a lot but I do feel weird that at points it would feel like you "Aren't" getting stronger at a certain level. What if I want to put the time investment into getting to Elder Lurker instead of a Mature Ravager? No more stat increases then? Then again if your getting to that level in the first place twice as fast it could even out.....

Is there a new Xeno age level? I didn't notice it, is it like 3000 ticks or something silly like that?

Anyways yeah I haven't played it enough to have a massive opinion on it, generally my worry is that some castes that used to be a reward for getting there might feel like a punishment for not evolving at all, like you might as well only cap out at Mature then? Once again, just first impressions from only playing one round of it.
    You get mutator points from upgrading, and cool points if you reach ancient as a t2/t3.

You should be playing what you're playing because you find it fun, not because of upgrades.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...