Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ordosian - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    Ordosian

Player Name You Use Most?
    Paul 'Ordo' Starr

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    Whitelists
    Synthetic App
    //showthrea...ic-Application [Accepted]

Predator App
    //showthrea...ja-Application [Accepted]

Staff Positions
    Mentor App
    //showthrea...or-Application [Accepted]

Moderator App
    //showthrea...or-Application [Accepted]

Have you received any bans in the last month?
    No

What is your timezone in UTC?
    BST (UTC +1)

What is your discord username and handle?
    ������������������������#8426

Basic Questions & StoryWhat do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The CO's job has many responsibilities. Leading the troops, providing role-play situations and maintaining an immersive fun round for the marines. They should be able to inspire their troops and provide direct, clear orders.

However, CO's shouldn't be fully focused on just leading, they should split their responsibilities throughout the round to make sure that everyone is having a good round. Obviously, it is not possible to please everyone, but they should do their best to provide an enjoyable round for everyone involved.

The CO's job is not to win the round with some glorious tactics. I personally do not see that being the point of a Commander. They should strive to achieve the end goal of victory with their fellow troops, but it should not be the only thing that they are striving for. They should try to provide the fellow marines with a memorable good round, something they can talk about, even if it doesn't work out as planned. So long as it had no ill-intentions and tried to provide the best possible scenario for a fun, immersive round. I believe that is what the CO's job is about.

Why do you want to be a Commanding Officer?
    Gotta catch em all!

No, but in all seriousness. I personally love trying to add roleplay to the round and I believe I could provide many varying roleplay situations as a CO. I already attempt to provide these situations whenever I play as a XO. And I believe being a CO will enhance that ability as the CO is a roleplay magnet most of the times.

Provide a short story of your Commanding Officer.
    ####/Accessing Records\#####
    #########################
    ####/Captain Paul Starr\#####
    ########################
    ####/Record Initialized\####
    ######################
    --------------------------------------
    https://imgur.com/a/POJEMPs

ExperienceHow familiar are you with command positions?
    I have played all of the command positions during my time in CM and I have no problems with any of them. I always try to be as responsive and communicative as possible.

Approximately how many hours do you have as Executive Officer (XO) at the time of writing this application?
    20 on this Ckey as of this app. However, I have played as XO on DommyGaming a lot back before playtimes got recorded. Most likely have around 40+ hours altogether.

I will keep playing XO and command roles while this application is up as I do enjoy command.

How familiar are you with Department Head positions?
    Very Familiar. Played all. CMP being less but I have played the roles before and have ran departments by myself when needed.

How familiar are you with Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure?
    Very familiar. Something I always have to make sure I am up-to-date on.

ScenariosWhen do you believe a Battlefield Execution should be used?
    Battlefield Executions should be used as the last resort. They shouldn't be swung around like an MP baton. There has to be a good reason to use the BE, as it permanently takes a player out of the round and potentially misses out on good roleplay that could come from a situation.

Scenarios of applicable BEs would be:

- Mutineers attempting to lethally overtake command
    - Personnel threatening command. (Serious threats, but MPs should take priority before BE)
    - Personnel committing Sedition
    - Active shooter killing marines/shooting at you.
    - Personnel endangering the entire operation. (Blowing up CIC etc)

Personally, I hate taking players out of the round so I usually try to deescalate the situation at hand. You won't be respected if you just shoot everyone who opposes you. You might be feared. But that is not leadership, nor respect. Therefore I would personally deescalate the situation via the use of MPs and roleplay.

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner?
    It is legal to pardon prisoners as long as the crime they have committed is not a Capital Crime. However, pardons themselves should be used sparingly. Like they shouldn't be handed out like candy to all the prisoners. It has to be evaluated if they are needed in the operation currently or not and the situation of their crimes.

Example: Bravo engineer is in prison for minor crimes. FOB is getting attacked and more engineers are required to support the operation. In this situation, I would pardon the Engineer as their skillset is needed right now in the operation.

It's all on a case by case basis. Not every situation where a pardon is used is gonna be the same.

ConfirmationsHave you read the Codeof Conduct?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes
    Last edited by forest2001; 08-14-2021 at 04:45 PM. Reason: URL fix

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dommygaming is a good admin and also a semi-good XO. (nothing exceptional so nothing to say here) and the fact you're also a yautja council member means you are very trustworthy all things considered.

I'm pretty sure marines law and stuff should not be hard for you as you're a staff member and should be expected to know those stuff
    +1
    but please don't become a never-player after 2 months of non-stop CO. that's really sad to see with every whitelist nowadays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by special2kira View Post
    dommygaming is a good admin and also a semi-good XO. (nothing exceptional so nothing to say here) and the fact you're also a yautja council member means you are very trustworthy all things considered.

I'm pretty sure marines law and stuff should not be hard for you as you're a staff member and should be expected to know those stuff
    +1
    but please don't become a never-player after 2 months of non-stop CO. that's really sad to see with every whitelist nowadays.
    Cheers! Don't worry. I won't burn out like the rest. "Semi-good" Pfff.. To the gulag with you!

But thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1- Didn't approve my Pred App inmediatly Smh. BUT OUT OF JOKES, you've proven to be a competent XO and Leader over all so to be fair, so that's an easy plus for you, however just need to ask you 3 questions before i give you my definitive +1 (which you kinda already have, im just making one last check).

1. During a Disarm struggle, the SADAR spec ends up shooting someone with their SADAR due to the Disarm action, and ends up getting charged with murder, is this correct? Would you appeal them? Can you pardon them?

2. What would you say are the MAIN Purposes for the Commanding Officer? How would you perform them?

3. Someone is under MP Custody, can you BE them? Under what circumstances if you can? When can you BE someone and what warrants it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StukaNuka View Post
    1. During a Disarm struggle, the SADAR spec ends up shooting someone with their SADAR due to the Disarm action, and ends up getting charged with murder, is this correct? Would you appeal them? Can you pardon them?
    1. The SADAR spec wasn't maliciously intending to kill someone. Accidents happen were you pull out the wrong gun. But because he was never intending to murder anyone. The charge should be Manslaughter which is a Major crime. Obviously I would have this situation investigated thoroughly to make sure.

If they asked for an appeal, I would hear them out and the MPs. Whether they were resisting, misbehaving in brig etc. It would also depend on the investigation of the matter. If it was proven accident and they were found innocent of the Murder charge. I would modify the charge to manslaughter from murder via the use of appeal.

Capital crimes can't be pardoned so no I would not be able to prior to the appeal due to being originally charged with a Capital Crime.

2. What would you say are the MAIN Purposes for the Commanding Officer? How would you perform them?
    2. The MAIN purposes for the Commanding Officer would be to maintain order and roleplay of the round. They are not there to be a PFC++. They should help out their fellow staff in command, mentor those that need it. Provide roleplay situations that are fun for all sides and not just the commanding officer.

I would maintain order by making sure the round is not getting derailed by some marines/personnel. I would deescalate situations that could have led to mutinies (Which I already have on occasions).

Roleplay-wise. I would give as many roleplay situations as possible. Hosting boxing at the gym, basketball. Talking with the ship-side crew. While also making sure the Operation is not dying.

3. Someone is under MP Custody, can you BE them? Under what circumstances if you can? When can you BE someone and what warrants it?
    3. Once someone is under MP Custody, I am not able to BE them. Now, MP custody meaning securely restrained or brigged. I can only perform a BE on a person in MP custody when doing a normal execution is not possible. This would be for example during Delta Alert.

I can BE someone under situations like these:
    - Someone threatening me or another member under my command next to me. These threats have to be major and credible.
    - A person who committed a Capital crime and is on the run.
    - Threatening the operation. Threats are major and credible.
    - Inciting a mutiny/or in a mutiny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aight, that's about it for now, and so far you answered the questions correctly, at least from my point of view, that's gonna be a +1 from me, just don't play CO for 2 months and then dissapear, or i will be madx24.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knows ML, plays command/leadership roles, answers seem good and has shown to be responsible with a WL. +1
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've SOed for you a few times, listened to the intel I gave you and replied in a timely manner about any happenings either shipside or on the ground. I think you'll be a good captain +1

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can an admin even be denied the whitelist? I mean if you don't know marine law and CO rules yet you're a gamer sadmin I don't know what you've been doing. The story details with the profile and everything is incredibly cool looking, and I can tell you put in more effort than most for character building and backstory, something I value very highly in a CO application. Definitely a +1.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a big dumb.

Updated the problem with dates in Dossier. I put 12 instead of 21. Fixed.