Observer at the time of incident but; Jeremy Smith
    Their BYOND Key
    Forest2001
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    August 14 2021, 7 PM Central US Time
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Code of conduct: Do not abuse your power
    Code of conduct: Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    Staff Protocol 3: Determine the seriousness of the issue.
    Description of the incident
    The staff member in question, due to interference with arrests, MOOCed to stop interfering with arrests and insulted the marines saying that they were being "stupid" for interfering with charges that they(and I quite frankly but this isn't a report about that) viewed unjust, and as of now MP OOC protection is not in-place meaning marines are allowed to interfere, and eventually spawning cluster-bangs to stop marines from interfering with arrests, as of the mass-interference there was no actual harm being preformed; all MPs were not injured in the actual arrest stage, meaning that this should've been left entirely IC as it wasn't putting much of a damper on the round, as marines deployed at a regular time(albeit with a large portion of marines missing due to being arrested by MPs) with no injuries, meaning that it was not a large riot.

The sole direct death from the whole affair was the CMP, who was ODed by a marine who managed to slip their cuffs off in the brig(at least that is what I assume happened), the CMP was then deleted and respawned, by whom I do not know.

Throughout the round there has been multiple aheals of people killed/harmed, and provosts sent, sadly I do not know what ended up of the provosts.

My overall thinking of this report is this: Forest2001 abused their power by ordering people to stop interfering (which is allowed as per the time of this report's writing) and spawning clusterbangs to enforce their order, over a rule that is not in-use as of now, did not preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server by shutting down a complete IC issue with no over-arching round effects using OOC methods(MOOCs and spawning clusterbangs with no IC announcements), and did not determine the seriousness of the issue and went for the highest non-ban/noting means of punishment before attempting anything else, IC or otherwise.

Due to these actions a major portion of the marine force was arrested(clusterbang spam), thereby throwing the balance of the round off, and for the sake of RP; it doesn't make much IC sense for 20 flashbangs to instantly appear primed on the floor, but it DOES make IC sense to help out your brothers in arms who(in your view) are being unjustly arrested and thrown into the brig taking them from the actual reason you are here; to clear out the colony and save civilians, and from what I've gathered, MPs were actively trying to bait marines into breaking marine law so they are able to arrest, in such methods of body-blocking marines into preps to bait a disarm, or antagonizing marines and insulting them, which to me seems like a strong IC reason to attempt your fellow marines from being arrested, as they were baited into the crimes by MPs specifically trying to arrest.

The staff member in question has also stated in discord, or at least implied, that MPs baiting marines into arrest is completely fine and its up to marines to not take bait, which IMO should not be the case as MPs are held up to a higher standard, and baiting marines into violating ML just so you can arrest them is not up to said higher standard. As well as telling people that they should've ahelped instead of interfere, and at the same time saying that it was completely fine, and from what one person said, which after minor investigation was marked as a non-issue; with implication that MP baiting is fine, which contradicts their statements to ahelp stuff like the MPs did.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    As they are already on a heavy warning due to a recent report, suspension or demotion.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were you yourself effected by this or were you just observing.

Because there has been an uptick of MPs being lynched for doing their jobs, and management is already in discussions about bringing back the OOC protections.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to say I’m aware of this report and I’ll respond properly in the morning.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had died earlier(survivor), but I was just observing throughout this, I am mainly making this for people who had the exact complaints I did and were directly effected by this, and the points brought up still stand.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can’t make a report for others, and we’re already in talks about a rule clarification on this matter.
    From everything I’ve seen in preliminary investigation this was a round start shenangians and staff are able to use their tools to handle these situations.

A ruling and plan about MPs will be coming in the future
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids