User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doesn't seem worth coming back to clearly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    IMO, I don't think First Contact would serve any point on CM given the RP Standards currently and would just cause more moderation issues than anything.
    I agree with Feweh here, RP standards are so far down I can't expect people to actually go with first contact anyway

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i mean some people like first contact when It was done under pretense of it being an event where we don't know wth the xeno are and i think tats cool

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by special2kira View Post
    i mean some people like first contact when It was done under pretense of it being an event where we don't know wth the xeno are and i think tats cool
    I don't think thats true at all.

The average player who doesn't play multiple hours a day generally has no issue with first contact.
    A lot of complaints of "pretending" you don't know about xeno's every round becoming boring are from the more hardcore players. The forums and generally vocal minority generally don't represent the playerbase accurately, the average player doesn't join the discord, doesn't participate on the forums and simply logs on and plays.

Likewise, the average player doesn't care about RP Standards being higher or lower and would probably prefer RP standards be as low as possible at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likewise, the average player doesn't care about RP Standards being higher or lower and would probably prefer RP standards be as low as possible at this point.
    The only reasson I ever got onto CM was because (when I played) the dudes in the game acted like marines who were really in the shit fighting a unknown foe. Even after first contact was thrown out most of the people I talked with acted like they were there. Not to the extent of "OH FUCK SARGE THEY GOT ME SARGE THEY GOT ME HELPPPPP IM DONT WANNA DIE!!!!" but more like "we got xenos on our ass we need to get the fuck out of here" or "holy shit marines they are flanking us pull the fuck out now". thats what made it so cool to me sitting with the lads talking about in game stuff as if it was real and now its just sad to see "hurry it up XO before the xenos cap the survivors and fortify caves" or being an SL trying to talk with your squad an none of them talk back. With all that being said I understand the people who just want a run of the mill reskined TDM game after a hard day of work.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The average player who doesn't play multiple hours a day generally has no issue with first contact.
    A lot of complaints of "pretending" you don't know about xeno's every round .
    I didn't say every round...??? I merely suggest an event that follows the first contact ideas. anytime we fight an enemy but have absolutely no idea how to prepare for it. it's interesting and uncertain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be a bit late but clearly, game has changed much. All the rounds feel same nowadays and I feel like a some sort of insane person, doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results each-time. RP is almost nonexistent and most of the playerbase just plays the game for its shooting part even though its meant to be a MRP server with TDM elements.