Date of Incident
    August 16, 2021

Your Character Name?
    Garviel 'Bru' Rozencruze

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Unknown

Accused Character Name
    Natasha Auman

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    08/16/21 03:45

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 11: Marine Law.

Description of the incident:
    Natasha Auman arrived to my CIC after a tumultuous first half of the operation, we had medbay shootings and req shenanigans, Disorderly Conduct and NoD widespread and no MP's to speak of. I was too busy (trying to) run the operation to see to the matter personally, and my attempts to deputise my SO failed with him being relieved of his flash by hooligans.

You'd imagine my joy to see a red uniformed figure in my doorway, until I saw the character name.

The incident in question revolves around the survivor who's name i didn't catch as they didn't have ID, burst into brig wielding a rifle, pointed in my direction. We'd had reports of shootings on the ship, so when this armed drunk showed up at CIC yelling at me to "FLy ThE shIp nOw", very insistently with a gun in their hand i was understandably concerned.

I call MP's to the CIC to arrest for Trespass, and seek a sanity evaluation.

The CMP managed to arrest the survivor and had them cuffed, grabbed, and carried. Despite repeated orders to brig the survivor, the CMP just stood with them in CIC, failing to follow arrest procedure and neglecting duty.

The detainee got loose more than once and there was a fisasco chasing them, and once apprehended i'd order them to the brig again, and again Auman would stand there with the detainee. Eventually Auman searched the detainee in the middle of CIC, removing most of their items. Upon finding the ID they declared something along the lines of "it's not a terrorist it's the survivorborg" whereupon she just...let them run off. She then announced some complete nonsense at the CIC console.

Not a whole lot i can do about a negligent CMP in-round with the rest of the XO's duties on top especially with Hijack approaching, but i understand the liason faxed furiously and ahelped about the issue.

This is not the standard of play required for Military Police, who must follow the rules laid out for their role. This goes doubly for the Chief MP. I understand that this player is likely not a native English speaker but that doesn't excuse failing to follow any brig procedure, and ignoring the orders of a superior officer in a role that's required to.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    No Evidence available. Staff Logs will be needed.

How you would punish the accused:
    CMP Job ban.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesomesauce935 View Post
    The incident in question revolves around the survivor who's name i didn't catch as they didn't have ID, burst into brig wielding a rifle
    Correction, the survivor burst into CIC, not brig. Apologies.
    Garviel Rozencruze - Full Time Bravo, Part Time Unga, Robustitude Hobbyist.
    Abigail - I'm not disappointed in you, this is exactly what i predicted.
    Krogur Du'hara - *medic *click *roar "Unknown has thrown the smart-disc." *laugh2

LIZARD PANIC!

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will pull logs for this by friday.
    Last edited by Dubszor; 08-19-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! I answered the aHelp regarding this in game and recommended posting a player report because I didn't feel I had enough time to speak to additional people who may have witnessed/been peripherally involved or pull and review logs to make a fair call before the round ended.

I spoke with Garviel 'Bru' Rozencruze about their concerns.

I contacted Natasha Auman who said something to the effect of they would be back with better English and logged. I thought they'd logged off to avoid discussing the round, so i was drafting a note when they logged back in and got in touch. My focus was on determining if Natasha Auman, the CMP that round, was making a reasonable effort to RP the duties of their role. They explained the shooting involved an individual they'd ID'd who had fled and an unknown Delta shooting windows in Req.

To me, it sounded like a crime was committed and the CMP tried, unsuccessfully, to handle the situation. As the round was ending, I didn't take any action at the time, but, since the incident described by the CMP and the incident described by the XO were pretty different, I think a review to determine what action, if any, should be taken is appropriate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the CL that round (Titus Hill). I was considering making a report of this player as well. We as a community are welcoming to players whose primary language is not English. I just have concerns that the CMP's grasp of English is so poor that it makes them unfit for such an important position.

I encountered them that round and reported what had been occurring. They responded with gibberish. I later met them in the CIC and they began repeating word for word what I had earlier informed them of. Perhaps they were trying to get me to explain what I had meant?

They later came to my office and gave me something like $2500 for what I thought was a spot on my escape pod. I was the CL so I of course took the money (they were not there when it was time to actually launch the pod).

In summary, the CMP should not be paying the CL to reserve a spot on his or her escape pod. A CMP also needs to have a basic grasp of the English language.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CMP Logs from the round:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Some snippets of CMP's ahelp conversation, relavent:

Spoiler Spoiler:

DM on discord if more logs are needed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry, but we have to have a bare minimum of english capability before playing a role as impactful as MP. The role has enough controversy as it is without someone literally needing google translate to do their job. I firmly believe the level of english shown here is *not* of a high enough quality to perform the MP role successfully, and the player reported failed to act on Major Lawbreaks that they are required to enforce.

Starstreak will be receiving a FULL MP ban, best chance of appeal is when english is of a sufficient standard that the admin handling it believes the player is capable of understanding marine law.

Resolved, Accepted.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)