Date of Incident
    August 20, 2021

Your Character Name?
    Aleksei 'Volk' Volkov

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    SubjectD9341

Accused Character Name
    Jean 'Docteur' Corbeau

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    5-7 AM Central US

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 4, Rule 10, Rule 11

Description of the incident:
    For reference:
    CMP = Kirie 'Panzer' Saito
    Witness MP (henceforth just MP) = Porter Koepple
    CMO = Jean 'Docteur' Corbeau

After getting geared up, I was offered to have a consensual machete fight in medbay, to which I agreed. This ticked off the CMO, who proceeded to flash us and kick us out instead of calling the MPs (of which there were quite a few). Naturally, I went back in and attempted to disarm the CMO and throw his flash down the disposal unit. Failing to do so I decided to break his windows with my shotgun and run, upon which he throws a bayonet in my back and that gets me down to paincrit (sustained injuries from machete fight). He proceeds to stabilize me just enough to remove my hands, does not fix my head injury and continues provoking me. There is another machete fight in the lobby of medbay and the MPs essentially ignore me. I end up stuck in the lobby of medbay and asking other medical staff to give me hands is met with denial. I ask over comms for MPs to at least arrest me or charge me with a crime. At some point I am dragged into the hospital area of medbay and my brain injury is treated, yet hands are ignored. I asked an admin if this was legal of CMO to do extrajudicial punishment and while I did not get an answer (minus marked as responding), 5-10 mins later CMO decides to give me my hands back. He does not do so manually but through the autodoc (furthering out of round time). He also takes my gun because I did threaten to PB him when he first took my hands, but neglects to bother calling MPs to arrest me for any threat or crime.
    Further in the round I get arrested and permad for trespassing, and I make an appeal, upon which the CMO is to be arrested. However as it turns out the CMP told the MP to ignore the CMO's crime when it happened. I get my appeal and am released (at the end of a long round) and after dying I see the CMP telling the CMO he'll arrest him after the operation is over.
    Something like this may be funny if I was a clown on some other SS13 server, but if the tables were reversed I would have been banned that round, and that is why I chose not to escalate or grief back.
    Afterwards this player decided to gloat in OOC chat in the new round which prompted me to create this request:
    OOC: SubjectD9341: oh you steal my medvendor?
    OOC: SubjectD9341: say goodbye to your kidney
    As far as I am aware CMO is not an extrajudicial force in the USCM. I've seen this guy pull this crap with other people but that's a different story.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Unfortunately, I didn't know logs were unaccessible to the public, otherwise I would have saved the times and some screenshots.

How you would punish the accused:
    Well what would have happened to me if I decided to medhell him out of a round?

Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya i'll be pulling the logs on this report. They'll be up by Thursday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I remember this one.
    I was the CMP, it was late at night, Lowpop. I was pretty tired
    If this is what I think it is, the CMO was the only doctor aboard able to do surgery, and I told the MP to delay his arrest either until the end of the op or when another doctor showed up.

I do this sometimes because want to ruin the round for anyone that goes shipside for embryo removal.
    I'm sorry I didn't arrest him earlier, and that I let him go unpunished.
    The op ended before another doctor woke up.
    Kirie dear, are you coming to bed?

Maybe. Who knows. I might play a song for old time's sake. Do you mind, Nicole?

Not at all. I would love it.

And so, she once again picked up the baby blue ukulele that she bought, all those years ago.
    She begun to form the words on her lips as she caressed the frets with the same grace she always did.
    They fell in love all over again.

...and her music was electric.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I wasn't really fully there that round.
    I was really tired. I didn't really think it was a crime, because I heard that it was just a marine getting his hand swapped for a robot one.
    Only later, after talking with the arrested man in brig did I get the full story.

And, once again, I considered it to be assault, as what was said didn't really click as illegal confinement with me.
    He could still walk and move perfectly fine, and, as I said before, I didn't want to arrest the only person in the round able to do embryo removal, so I delayed it until round end or another doctor woke up.

Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Righto I got the logs here and will be color coding people that appear a lot in them:

CMO Jean 'Docteur' Corbeau
    Squad Medic Aleksei 'Volk' Volkov
    MP Porter Koepple
    CMP Kirie 'Panzer' Saito

Something I do want to bring up that wasn't part of relevant logs but still relevant: CMP was also aCO for most of the round so spent most of their time in CIC tending to the operation. There was at least one other doctor during the round but they were deployed planetside, there were also researchers capable of performing surgery shipside.

Aleksei getting into his consensual fight in medbay, getting stopped by the CMO and then getting into more conflict with the CMO
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMO tossing a knife and hitting Aleksei
    Spoiler Spoiler:

MP being called and talking with the CMO
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMO removing the hands from Aleksei
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMO giving Aleksei to the MP and the MP calling the situation in on MP comms
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP telling the CMO the arrest cant be performed without Alexsei having hands to handcuff
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Another knife fight breaking out that distracts the MP who was dealing with Aleksei
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMO and Aleksei talking to each other while the MPs deal with the other fight
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The second knife fight participants getting treated by the CMO after their fight
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The CMO makes a attempt to talk with Alexsei about getting his hands back but gets ignored
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Alexsei talking with a researcher about getting his hands back
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Aleksei asking for the MP on general comms and not getting a response
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMO again attempting to talk to Alexei about getting his hands back but getting no response
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMO and a researcher talking about the situation and the researcher treating Alexei but not replacing his hands (Something to note is that the CMO and researcher also speak some french here, I've taken the liberty to translate it with my limited knowledge of french and mark the translation in pink. I will also add that CM is an English only server and players should not be speaking any other language besides english)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Aleksei ahelping losing his hands and the staff member talking with the CMO about it. Note that this conversation took place while some other stuff happened also so please observe the timestamps for when what happens.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The CMO and researcher talking about Alexsei and the CMO later deciding to give him his hands back via autodoc
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Later in the round the CMO catches Aleksei breaking into brig via security cams and tells the CMP, who orders him arrested
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Aleksei getting confronted and arrested by the MP
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Aleksei getting arrested and put into perma on the charge of attempted murder
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Aleksei appeals his sentence and the uninvolved MP gets assigned to handle it but doesnt know how to. So a SO gets called over to handle the appeal instead
    Spoiler Spoiler:

MP being ordered to arrest the CMO by the CMP and attempting to do so
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The CMO hiding in research to evade the MP
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The MP getting called back to assist in the appeal and the SO handling the appeal
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Alexsei commiting suicide after being released from brig
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The CMO getting called over to heal Aleksei and negotiating with the MPs before doing so
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The CMP and CMO talking about the arrest after the operation while placing Aleksei, who went DNR but still got revived, into cryo
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Righto those should be all the relevant logs, if anything is missing or wrong please do let me know and I will fix it.
    Last edited by Clairion; 08-26-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I don't want to eat an MP note or ban for this.

It was 5am EST, I was the aCO for quite a while. I was trying to run the operation when this first happened. I gave bad orders to my men because I thought it was a cut and dry situation.
    A Marine's word against the CMO. For all I knew, it could be a consensual arm replacement.
    I was
    If they were brought in earlier, when I first ordered their arrest I would have had them brigged.
    I also, wanted to have the player revived, which is why I called Jeane.

"If the life and limb of a ship's crew or other personnel are at risk in a situation, personnel may act in a manner reasonable to preserve them even if such action would otherwise violate marine law. "

I wanted to revive a prisoner, and not have him permanently removed. Jeane would only come if we didn't arrest him. So I didn't arrest them then.
    The other doctor should not have deployed, but I was too busy dealing with things to go after him.
    Should I have called the other doctor back up? Absolutely. But I had other things on my mind.
    Researchers are extremely unresponsive. Relying on a researcher to listen to comms to come down to do an embryo removal is a recipe for disaster.
    Researchers are first and foremost RESEARCHERS. They are not usually expected to do surgery.

I acted Reasonably the whole time, and all of my bad judgements were due to me either:

Getting bad information/Missing info because I've had an exhausting 5am aCO operation (In case of permaing the guy for attempted murder, when he didn't prime the grenade)
    Being busy Running the operation (Why I originally didn't arrest Jean)
    Or due to acting in what I thought were the interests of the ship (He was the only doctor shipside. As I stated before, researchers are unreliable.)

Expecting me running around blindly arresting people for breaking the law despite the fact that it could lead to people getting permad is absolutely absurd.
    So is expecting me to always be 100% perfect in making my judgement during hectic late night rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally got access to my account back, sorry for not being able to post my POV on the situation earlier.

At the beginning of the round I had no intentions to do any harm upon Volkov despite his shenanigans in the medbay lobby.
    Before he started wishing to duel with another marine, I already healed him once after he cut himself open with his machete in the lobby.
    I told him to do this his dueling outside mebday before throwing him out twice, I did not take away his machete or the other marine's one.
    Again, Volkov continued to try and fight me and upon being unable to win decided to grief medbay by deliberately destroying it with his shotgun.
    At this point I just decided to dispense justice myself since I knew very well MPs wouldn't have been able to intervene if Volkov had just reached the DS to deploy normally.

After removing his hands, I proposed to him a few minutes later to have new ones installed but he instead chose to ignore me. At this time in the round, it was around the 2nd marine drop. I was ignored again later when I asked him for a 2nd time.
    I finally decided to re attach his hands despite his perceived SSD (I have to add the reason I used the Autodoc was because it is in fact faster to add new limbs instead of having to manually print them and attach them) after removing his shotgun to prevent myself from being PBed or him deciding to destroy medbay further. Despite being ready to deploy minus his easily replaceable shotgun, Volkov decided to roam the upper floors of the Almayer for about 15 minutes for what I guessed at the time was an attempt to locate me and harm me. It is why I noticed him breaking into the brig, as I was actively monitoring him on the Alpha squad CIC console and the Almayer's camera system.

Despite my animosity with Volkov, I did not refuse to treat him once he decided to suicide in the brig for no valid reason.

In the end, Volkov was given several times the possibility after griefing medbay to simply deploy and enjoy the round, but at every step of the way, he decided otherwise to instead ignore me or go on a hunt aboard the Almayer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I don't even give a shit anymore. It's just going to be a back and forth he said she said bullshit.
    I'd like to withdraw, theres literally no point to this.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AssumingIvan View Post
    Honestly, I don't even give a shit anymore. It's just going to be a back and forth he said she said bullshit.
    I'd like to withdraw, theres literally no point to this.
    Logs have been pulled so it still will go forward pending somenerd resolving it
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty focused on one aspect of the report to be honest.

I cannot see the reasoning for removing the marines hands as justified. Not only is this LRP (Prosthetics are considered inferior versions of a real arm, not a cybernetic upgrade) it's also just unnecessary. From the sounds of things, you *HAD* MP's available and you had the person causing trouble under anaesthesia and unable to cause harm. You really should have just waited for MP's to arrive rather than hinder a marine to that extent.

While I get that you weren't denying them treatment after the fact, you shouldn't have removed their hands in the first place. It's a really weird jump to make.

I'm issuing a Chief Medical Officer ban for SubjectD9341 which can be appealed most likely in a month or so.

Report Resolved, Accepted.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)