12 15.58%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remove techweb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remove techweb

The tech web update and it's consequences were a disaster for the CM spaceman race. It fucks up gameplay for roles like medics (med tech's epic defib) and drones (build distro). Removed the kinda unique gameplay that is IO, and has given railroaded choices that aren't really choices, as doing anything else is shooting yourself in the foot. A lot of the shit is cool, like the xeno defensive structures and railgun for example, but removing techwebs and incorporating a lot of it's stuff into CM's roles and abilities is probably the better way to go in my opinion.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IO was my second favourite job and I considered myself a true IO main. Techwebs has removed all the dynamic-ness of in game power progression by replacing it with a static climb rate, and we tried control points and they were shit.

Remove techwebs, bring back defcon but have the techs become defcon options, probably would need some tweaking with numbers etc but it would be better.

For xenos idk give them like an anti-defcon where by breaking lights and capping people and shit they get points.

But tbh xenos only needed techs to deal with the insanely powerful techs Marines get currently (fun powercreep!) So we could just remove most xeno techs entirely and let them use capping to reinforce themselves and make themselves more powerful.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think xeno techweb is awsome, but i dont like marine techweb;

Marine techweb is over power, and most of the stuff is hand holding bullshit we didnt needed, like armor plate and anti-bio.
    also marine techweb is holding the tank hostage right now..

Defcon, IO, Nuke and arguably xeno maturity was a way better game-loop than current techweb is.
    But not evrything is bad in techweb, the Xeno techweb is pretty cool actualy!...

So, the solution could be:

KEEP xeno techweb as is.
    &
    REPLACE marine techweb by Defcon and IO
    Or
    make it that the marine get their techweb points via intel gatering aka IO, instead of static techweb point climb rate.

Ive talked about this idea in both dchat and discord, and peoples seemed to like it.
    Last edited by BurningMetal; 08-20-2021 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally feel that it would be healthier to keep techweb, however incorporate several of the roles/things from defcon.
    They should have transitioned IOs into techweb, not removed them.
    They should look into the prior state of Medical/Research to what it is now, and reflect on any possible changes, if any, that they may make.

If one of the main issues with defcon was that it relied too heavily upon too few people with the IOs, then they could have easily remedied the problem by making all mini IOs able to perform a IO's duties. with a penalty to how fast they can do it.

They should have never entertained the idea of making the CE 2nd in Command, nor focused so heavily on having the CO and Queen be identical/equivalent within techweb. (Ironically implying that the earliest idea of techweb rellied upon even fewer people then Defcon ever did.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss IOs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before everyone starts lynching me for using my vote on "Keep them.", hear me out. Everyone already pointed their versions on this thought of "Integrating IOs with Tech-webs" so I just wanted to say mine. What if we had both Tech-webs and DEFCON in the game featured at the same time? Marines'd still gain Tech points over time like xenos but they'd have to partly rely on IOs to overcome Xenos in the game of Tech-webs. Like with the intel IOs collect they get more Tech points. Xenos'd keep their Tech-web system un-touched but they'd have a slightly faster income of points than marines so they can have an advantage when IOs don't/can't do their job or fail trying. Even if all IOs are KIA/MIA/AWOL, marines would still gain points but akin in a more slowed way compared to xenos.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningMetal View Post
    I think xeno techweb is awsome, but i dont like marine techweb;

Marine techweb is over power, and most of the stuff is hand holding bullshit we didnt needed, like armor plate and anti-bio.
    also marine techweb is holding the tank hostage right now..
    The Xeno techweb is the most unbalanced goofy part about techwebs. That Acid Blood is still a t3.. months later is the biggest joke of this whole thing.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Whitelisted Predator johnravioli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring back io!!!!!
    Harry Howard,
    Predator - Clan Leader Atuudh Bo'ytill
    Leader of the Bo'ytill Clan

Professional Mateba GunSlingah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihad7 View Post
    Before everyone starts lynching me for using my vote on "Keep them.", hear me out. Everyone already pointed their versions on this thought of "Integrating IOs with Tech-webs" so I just wanted to say mine. What if we had both Tech-webs and DEFCON in the game featured at the same time? Marines'd still gain Tech points over time like xenos but they'd have to partly rely on IOs to overcome Xenos in the game of Tech-webs. Like with the intel IOs collect they get more Tech points. Xenos'd keep their Tech-web system un-touched but they'd have a slightly faster income of points than marines so they can have an advantage when IOs don't/can't do their job or fail trying. Even if all IOs are KIA/MIA/AWOL, marines would still gain points but akin in a more slowed way compared to xenos.
    This wouldn't even be a bad idea considering xeno tech gain is gimped if the queen isn't on ovi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usnpeepoo View Post
    This wouldn't even be a bad idea considering xeno tech gain is gimped if the queen isn't on ovi.
    Funny thing is that's a myth. It was planned but never implemented.