• Keep them.

12 15.58%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remove techweb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, yes and yes. Game got way worse after adding this unfinished mechanic. Old game loop worked, encouraged players to work together and made sense. Techwebs in the current form is just a waiting game to become stronger. Remember DEFCON encouraged marines to control as much of the colony as possible, so IOs could gather more intel? What's the point of marines ever leaving FOB now? Why don't they just wait for better techs? Holy fuck, you completely broke the game and now stick to obviously bad decisions made by people who gone. I agree that some of the techs and features are still fun and it would be nice to keep them, but I think we can all agree that the game got undeniably worse over the last year. You can argue about MOBA, many people liked it. You can argue about permanests. But is there really anyone who thinks techwebs made the game better?

And yeah, I haven't even spoken about balance yet. Techwebs bad for the game as for RP game. And balance-wise techwebs are just broken. For both sides. And no one has a vision how to improve techwebs, how to make it fit the game. So why are we still here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can come up with all the great ideas on how to add IOs to techwebs or fix techwebs but it'll do nothing to fix the lack of a coder to work on techwebs. The only dev who was working on them is gone and obviously no one else has picked up the torch.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah it's a shame really

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    80% of the people who looked at the forum agree that techwebs is shit

but we're gonna have a repeat of the techwebs removal merge

>massive support for the merge, nobody saying that its bad
    >automatically approved because actual dev doing it
    >literally nobody disagreeing
    >"i dont know if we're gonna like it guys lets put in review for a bit"
    >never touched again

CM is a joke, aussie guy is the best head because he actually listens and talks to us sometimes
    Last edited by tallerfission2; 08-21-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuprisedBaby_ View Post
    You can come up with all the great ideas on how to add IOs to techwebs or fix techwebs but it'll do nothing to fix the lack of a coder to work on techwebs. The only dev who was working on them is gone and obviously no one else has picked up the torch.
    the only dev working on a broken system that a lot of people hate is now gone

the perfect solution would be to revert it over time because i know the devs cant port over every change during techwebs in just a week and then find a dev to work on it while the rest of us play on a less shit version of CM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know why this idea got implemented if the owner of the idea left.

Also it brings great disbalance (( i hate ceramic assasins always shooting people and telling them '' you didnt have ceramic, not my problem'' just another excuse to aim even worse, skill issue at his best.))
    stims ( meaning the lenght of the round should be reduced to 12:45 - 1:20 )

Xenos got his damage reduction which makes them absolute bullet sponges and to counter this is better just wait till is over.

Theres some stupid ideas too like ''jetpack'' cant even be refilled , you can fly even if you rest, and jetpack for what if admins ban the exit to space, also makes rounds shorter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm all for the death of techwebs as I think teamwork has been completely shat on and removed. The update has caused a much faster paced less interactive version of CM where every game becomes a rush for the meta techs. New marines who have joined the game are too reliant on tech getting to the point where I have seen medics who didn't know how to use a normal defib or marines just friendly firing without care and blaming you if you don't have your plate.

I will get hate for it, but my only reservation is IOs. Yes the role was fun and teamwork based but I still have nightmares of the rounds lasting 3 hours and still not going up a single defcon level, as a PFC you are pretty powerless to fix that unless you go back up shipside to process intel. I also don't think IO will be as fun to play as people remember considering how lethal it is to walk off alone in the current game state the amount of xenos that can perma stun you and cap you with ease is a big issue for the role.

I would personally like to see a middleground system where tech has a slower rate of automatic points yet IOs and intel marines can speed it up by completing the information hunt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think y’all understand how much of a fucking chore reverting techweb is. I’d suggest doing an MR exactly doing that since the current one is just a mega bandaid that only “deactivate them”. Techwebs got so many dependancy everywhere I’m pretty sure one of the reason it’s still there is because no one can be assed to revert it. (I sure can’t)

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Techwebs are dumb as a concept. They were cool sounding, but then literally the only dev working on them quit half way through leaving us all with a broken system that's meant to balance the game, but it falls into the same meta every round, because, once again, the dev working on them left. So we're just stuck with a dumb system that gives marines like 1-up mushrooms and funny power-ups. I mean come on man, techwebs had potential, but turning CM into a literal checkpoint based game, you might as well remove command since you're mechanically restricting them from giving different orders.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ayyyy yo, can I learn how to code, join the dev team, work on techweb 2.0 and then abandon the project halfway through while leaving to sabotage the server?

Asking for a friend.