August 20, 2021
    Your Character Name?
    Felix "Cash" Taylor
    Their BYOND Key
    Unclear
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    10am
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Ensure that all incidents are adequately investigated before giving a ruling.
    Description of the incident
    Marines were whining about mps again (as usual) in General Discussion when someone responded to me by saying "Good Soldiers follow orders"

I sarcastically replied "The camps are there for your protection".

The player in question then got offended and told me to fuck off with the "holocaust jokes". Sure you could take it in that context so whatever.

They then proceeded to say.

"nigga its the fucking holocaust. shut the fuck up".

While I was typing my response Silencer said "okay, I'm going to say stop".

I then said "Gets mad about a holocaust joke.. immediately uses nigga."

I was then warned for ' Holocaust jokes, in any context, are not okay. And if someone asks you to stop making them, its probably a good idea to do just that, not drag them on.'

1. I would like to be shown where in the rules the holocaust isnt allowed to be joked about. I get if you are denying it. Or advocating it.. but come on.

2. I referenced camps; you could have interpreted that to be a work camp, prison camp. I didnt say jew, or concentration camp; etc.

3. I didnt continue after staff said to stop. Pointing out the hypocrisy of calling someone nigga when your offended; isnt "continuing the joke" and I was already typing that before they gave their response. It also apparently isnt offensive enough to be erased when my original comment was.
    Evidence
    I dont have logs and the original comment was erased.
    How you would punish the accused
    Erase my note. I understand why they shut down the conversation when they did.

But I fail to see how my comment is so offensive its worth warning when "nigga its the fucking holocaust. shut the fuck up" seems to be fine.

Nor did I continue it after the fact.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You responded to a jokey criticism about MPs with a lame Holocaust joke, then were immediately asked to stop. All of this falls under Rule 1. All of that is in extremely poor taste and completely unnecessary to the conversation at hand.

I don't care how not serious you may find it, when someone on the Discord asks you to stop something that's really not contributing to the conversation, its courtesy to do just that, not drag it on.

We have covered the usage of the other word mentioned multiple times and I really don't wish to drag it out again.
    Senior Administrator

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silencer_pl View Post
    You responded to a jokey criticism about MPs with a lame Holocaust joke, then were immediately asked to stop. All of this falls under Rule 1. All of that is in extremely poor taste and completely unnecessary to the conversation at hand.

I don't care how not serious you may find it, when someone on the Discord asks you to stop something that's really not contributing to the conversation, its courtesy to do just that, not drag it on.

We have covered the usage of the other word mentioned multiple times and I really don't wish to drag it out again.
    So jokey criticism... not allowed to be responded to with a joke?

Their insinuation that mps are nazis, by "just following orders" is okay but Holocaust is off limits? (and they were insinuating that, or they wouldn't have assumed I meant concentration camps instead of a prison camp"

Is your objection to me not stopping that I didnt stop when the other player who insulted me multiple times asked me to stop or when you did? Why should I have to listen to another play who is actively insulting me?

As my comment was removed and warned, but not his response. Do you find "nigga its the fucking holocaust. shut the fuck up" to be more tasteful and necessary to the conversation at hand?

Erase my comment, and warn us to stop. But to warn me is overreaching.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have zero fucking tolerance for anything relating to anti-Semitism, or jokes about the holocaust, holocaust denial on discord.
    You got warned move on, if anything I will have silencer warn the other person as well because they should have just pinged discord staff or reported it to them and not started an argument.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 08-20-2021 at 05:51 PM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids