NOX
    Their BYOND Key
    Warfan
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    7 PM
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Rule 0.1 - Intent
    Description of the incident
    I de-ovied as queen and went to weed the frontlines, as soon as first tier 3 player died. I went to weed because I saw no marines in the area i wanted to weed(they all died/undefended) and it was my duty to help and maintain the survival of the hive. I arrive to LZ2 and theres just one marine thats alive, the rest are dead, almost the whole hive force is here before me.
    Evidence
    This is the note I am issued: "Metarushed as queen before second drop, had reasonable cause to be there, still was in disregard of metagaming rules...." . . ." Banned for 180.".

In my defense, I fully followed the rules.

Unbeknownst is the issue that I was breaking "metarush" rules which are not defined in the "Rules" to apply. The only possible reference is "Rule 6" "Xenos sitting next to the dropship landing pad to attack right as the Marines open the doors.", this does not apply.

I did not break any rules from Rules; Rule 6 Rule 6. No Metagaming or Metacommunication.
    The metagaming rules as they are and stated: "Acting upon knowledge your character would not have or providing unknowable information to another player. "
    Everything in my actions was IC knowable information.
    I had reasonable cause to believe they landed LZ2, i did not witness this.
    I came to LZ2 as one of the last xenos to get there.
    I deovied to weed the front lines because it was urgent to do so after seeing a t3 die far from weeds, seeing as there was no weeds and the only 1 drone was not present.
    There was one marine running around, which I did kill, nothing was being defended and I was surrounded by most of my hive players.
    Xenos followed the marines back from caves and pushed them all the way back to lz2. At lz2 most of marines forces were not present, xenos had full control of the territory. I did not participate in being first or rushing lz2.

In warfans defense he would say I was at LZ before second drop and thus I broke the rules.
    Again, this is not stated in the rules. Had it even been stated in the rules I do not know when second drop is, I did not know when second drop and it could happen at any reasonable time. There is no such rule "dont de-ovi before second drop defined. No reasonable time is defined anywhere however even if it may apply. Rule 6 and Rule 6: Examples do not apply.

In my defense, I did not break any rules. according to "Rules (https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Rules)".
    How you would punish the accused
    Ask warfan what defined rules I was disregard of or what rules was I breaking?
    or Investigate for arbitrary power abuse
    or Remove note

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the Almayer synthetic this round, the marines did an LZ2 deployment and rushed towards ETA. I remained behind in engineering because there were dead survs who had been trying to fix power and I decided to revive them. Right as I finished the two revives marines started pouring backwards and two ravs and a crusher plus some t2s tried to push into engineering and eventually left after a rav died I think. I got asked by the CO to come and help their honor guard as they confused me with the colony synth and so by the time I got back to engineering the marines were running back to the LZ which was entirely uncaded because we hadn’t even received our fob supplies yet. Right when we got our mats, the t3 gang showed up and started pushing into the LZ shortly followed by the queen. After the queen and her T3s took the LZ the Normandy finally arrived for the second drop with like 15 marines and were slaughtered. I believe the time the queen got to the LZ was 1234 and the Normandy arrived at 1236. We got our fob supplies at around 1232 I think. I think our deployment time was around 1224. The marines were very delayed in a lot of things that round, especially since bravo died to a single runner who from my understanding told the hive the LZ was undefended/unfortified and so the T3s poured in shortly followed by the queen. I thought it was common knowledge that the no meta rush rule was second drop or reasonable time, but I think there should be a rule clarification on this if you could so that it was less vague.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may have played the round as synth but your details about queen are all wrong. I doubt the fact that you were ghost watching as you were likely alive as synth, they do live longer than most. I was one of the last xenos to come to the field as LZ was already taken by lurkers and t3's well before me. I was sticking around after I had arrived thinking we already had won and the marines fled north.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    You may have played the round as synth but your details about queen are all wrong. I doubt the fact that you were ghost watching as you were likely alive as synth, they do live longer than most. I was one of the last xenos to come to the field as LZ was already taken by lurkers and t3's well before me. I was sticking around after I had arrived thinking we already had won and the marines fled north.
    " After the queen and her T3s took the LZ the Normandy finally arrived....."
    I apoligize about saying your details were all wrong. I haven't found any contradictions with your details but saying I took the LZ when I arrived late and before the rest of the hive puts me resposible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c4xmaniac View Post
    I thought it was common knowledge that the no meta rush rule was second drop or reasonable time, but I think there should be a rule clarification on this if you could so that it was less vague.
    Never heard of this rule as xeno. My guess is that the rule was intended as a guide for marines not to reach hive before second drop in case of metarush and somehow got mistakenly to applied to xenos.

Rule 6. No Metagaming or Metacommunication is described in such a way as to prevent powergaming using outside knowledge not available to the IC.

Xenos are not supposed to stay outside of the LZ before it first last because they could know that its the right LZ if they ghosted and have outside information. Anyways marines were halfway deep in south caves to hives and t3's until about 10 xenos in a group pushed them back all the way to lz2 to what doesn't even resemble an FOB which was 4 unbarbed metal barricades.

Nothing was remotely meta especially on my part and to regard rushing marines rushed into the direction of hive first when xenos did not rush them when following back.
    The real issue is why were marines deep in caves when their fob is 4-5 unbarbed barricades hastily made at the last second.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was Delta aSL that round and was a part of the notorious second drop. Operation was a mess, not gonna lie. Literally a half of the marine platoon was still shipside when first drop occurred and bravo had literally no engineers. Only RTO and aSL could build barricades, but apparently they didn't take any materials, so they had to wait for the supply drop. I was originally an engineer, so I was going to help bravo, but accidentally missed the first drop, so I had to wait for Normandy. Waiting took a while since we had no PO and while we waited we heard over comms that T3s already touched the LZ. Then Normandy finally arrived and we flooded it since, as I said before, lots were still shipside. When we were landing we didn't know the planetside marines were wiped out. I recall the command made some announcements, but I think they didn't really tell how dire the situation is. So, as soon as we landed, there were already a bunch of T3s and the Queen, they were seen through the right hatch. Almost instantly xenomorphs tried to assault the ship, the Queen screeched and tried to lockdown the ship, but eventually we managed to repel the first attack. I believe we had enough time to leave, but again, we had no PO and the command only ordered us to hold the ship and try to recover the dead, I don't think they monitored the situation, so eventually we were wiped out and no one launched the ship.

Now I agree that it was indeed a marines' fault that we lost. First, no one payed attention that bravo had no engineers. Second, Normandy probably left to soon and it's departure wasn't properly announced, so we had a lot of marines still shipside. Third, instead of analysing the situation and waiting for the FOB to be set up, the planetside marines proceeded to play the regular meta and tried to attack the hive even tho they had bad numbers for that. The operation was lost before the second drop, that's for sure. Only thing we probably could have (if T3s didn't attack the LZ) is a somewhat proper evac and maybe a more interesting fight shipside.

However, I don't think that Nova's argument about the lack of rules is valid. There are many precedents where players (both marines and xenos) were punished for metarush. For xenos the rule always has been "no T3s at LZ before second drop". Though, I've seen several times that rule being ignored due to the fact that xenos just followed routing marines (but in the situations I recall there was no Queen attacking LZ, so there is a difference). I don't believe that such experienced player as NOX never heard about that rule. Also I don't believe the stated intention, that the Queen went to LZ "just to weed". That doesn't make sense at all. First, you can weed on ovi. Second, you just cannot weed LZ before 12:45. So I believe it is not true that the Queen "de-ovi'd to weed", more likely their goal was to unlock the DSL, camp the landing zone and then lockdown the ship so marines couldn't escape.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    " After the queen and her T3s took the LZ the Normandy finally arrived....."
    I apoligize about saying your details were all wrong. I haven't found any contradictions with your details but saying I took the LZ when I arrived late and before the rest of the hive puts me resposible
    I usually record my synth rounds, so here's the footage. Its cut to just when the marines land and ends when the xenos take off in the Normandy. https://youtu.be/QkhBZ2IPwqE

I had gotten some details mixed up so here's a better timeline:

1225 the marines land at LZ2.

1227 T3s and some t2 goons try to make their way into engineering.

1233 the marines are routed from engineering to the unfortified LZ due to the T3s.

1234 the first T3 makes contact with the LZ but after a little skirmishing leave.

1236 the queen arrives at the LZ and the T3s push out onto it with her and take it.

1238 the Normandy arrives with the second drop and the queen is already there with the T3s and slaughters them.

By 1240 the Normandy and the planet is secured by the xenos and the queen has hacked the console

1242 the Queen launches the Normandy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to add that I completely agree that it was the marines fault for this operation to fail so badly, it was just severely compounded by the fact the T3s were incredibly aggressive and the queen de ovied incredibly early. It might be plausible for NOX to have deovied to weed because I didn't see any weeds until she showed up, the footage shows that. I'm not a xenos main (80 xenos hours), but it still seems strange for a queen to de ovi in order to weed. I don't think Warfan did anything wrong, maybe the temp ban was a little heavy handed, as I don't recall having any issues in the past with NOX meta rushing as a Queen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even according to warfan own "rules" that is 10 minutes past first contact and I should be able to go to the LZ by then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone, please just remove the note to resolve the issue. .