User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This just in: Cpr, is it worth trying?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This just in: Cpr, is it worth trying?

Hi! I play Taegan MacCarthy!

Now. Context. I was playing a round a bit ago, where a few of my squadmates (and deltas, worth of my care) were being treated for their wounds. Medic was doing great, no problems with him. However I was sitting there giving CPR, then I'd move on to the next once they get back into consciousness. I did this twice, both people getting up (thanks to the medics, I believe!) and doing their thing. One of the medics told me to grab a rifle instead of CPR on the patients. We weren't in immediate danger, but I understand the point and it provoked a thought.

Is CPR actually worth doing? Does it really do any good or is it pretty much a roleplay thing?

I personally, have always felt that it is good to at least try, even if medics are about.

What do you guys think? Should I bother with it? Should anyone?

Lemme know!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's useful if they are alive. pointless if they are dead. saves on the defib.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It heals the oxygen damage that would've made a person go from hard crit to dead. But if the dude is already dead, just defib.
    Last edited by DefinitelyAlone0309; 02-13-2019 at 03:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I've had CPR spare me from another defib. I am an expert on dying. Truuuust me.

Mentor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if CPR had a small chance of killing a chestburster in the person being cpr'd. No notification if it actually works but if some dude is slamming on another's chest for a while they might just get lucky and kill that worm.
    Kennard Davis
    -Captain
    -Medic
    -Trap
    -Spec
    -Retired from the Game, just a Forum Lurker now

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CPR's useful for buying a medic time to stabilize someone and save them a defib, but whenever I'm a medic nobody actually does it. If a medic predoses religiously they often have no need for someone to do CPR, though.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel CPR should help add time on the Brain dead timer by delaying it since you are pumping oxygen into their body and thus into their brain. it would give it a real significance to try to use when the medic is too far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play medic a great deal and CPR is, indeed, very useless. Oxygen damage is waaaay down on the list of things anyone has to worry about in a standard round.

Giving CPR a chance to pause the brain death timer would be a nice feature, and give a standard marine something meaningful to contribute in a triage situation.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cry of Wolves View Post
    I feel CPR should help add time on the Brain dead timer by delaying it since you are pumping oxygen into their body and thus into their brain. it would give it a real significance to try to use when the medic is too far.
    The hero suggestion we need and deserve

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to disagree. Once a Marine gets 150 total damage or more, they start taking oxygen damage until they hit 200. Once that happens, they just instantly die, and they can have this happen even after being revived. A PFC giving CPR slows the oxygen damage enough that you can feed your patient bicaridine/kelo, inaprovaline, and dexalin before they hit the 200 mark again and die. Once those meds are in a Marine and doing their job or the combined damage drops below 150 (which is pretty likely if the Marine was barely in hard crit when they started taking oxygen damage) there really isn't a need to continue CPR.

So it's not totally useless, but it's only helpful in one specific situation and you can't do it in most places on Ice without risking more burn damage to both your patient and the Marine providing CPR, which makes your job a bit harder. CPR really should delay the braindeath timer though to make it more useful. A lot of the times I see it used, that's what people are trying anyways.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.