User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This just in: Cpr, is it worth trying?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CPR is worthless. Just bandage their wounds to take them below the critical damage threshold instead.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cry of Wolves View Post
    I feel CPR should help add time on the Brain dead timer by delaying it since you are pumping oxygen into their body and thus into their brain. it would give it a real significance to try to use when the medic is too far.
    Coding intensifies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do it Neth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel CPR should help add time on the Brain dead timer by delaying it since you are pumping oxygen into their body and thus into their brain. it would give it a real significance to try to use when the medic is too far.
    So much this. CPR is okay but if a medic is smart and gave inaprovaline, then there's no real point to do it. Giving it a use for dead patients however would be very nice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its useless. A good medic gives inaprovaline, which stops Oxygen damage from being a thing unless you have a burst lung. And a burst lung will be stopped by Dexalin.

CPR is only useful if medics are bald / overstressed and forget inaprovaline 90% of the time. The other 5% is if you have literally no medics and are trying to keep someone in crit from dying, and the last 5% is if the person has a burst lung and is giving more oxy damage than inaprovaline can cover for.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I give wiggles cpr when he dies, but it never works. Poor pupper
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only black magic has been proven an effective treatment for animals on CM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would make a lot of sense.

IRL I've been told on training courses that the rescue breaths aren't even that important, only the chest compressions really matter because they pump blood around the body even after the heart has stopped. These days I've even seen ambulances driving around with automatic chest compression machines like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlxzaQdo1fM which really do just that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heraclitus View Post
    That would make a lot of sense.

IRL I've been told on training courses that the rescue breaths aren't even that important, only the chest compressions really matter because they pump blood around the body even after the heart has stopped. These days I've even seen ambulances driving around with automatic chest compression machines like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlxzaQdo1fM which really do just that.
    Okay yeah please do rescue breaths if you can - they are still helpful, more so during a two-person response, and especially with an O2 regulator. If you're alone chest compressions are the priority to keep the current O2 supply in circulation but no BLS class will leave out rescue breaths from training. Chest compressions only is easy to learn and remember for people unlikely to use CPR during their daily lives. Also, to be fair to chest-only, delivering compressions and breaths for more than two minutes is fucking exhausting.
    Last edited by ColonelCorazon; 02-13-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marines should care about shooting and guarding support units at the front or do other useful shit, and CPR is the least useful thing they could do.
    I think that you shouldn't do CPR until medic will ask you to do so in case he has no inaprovaline(happened to me only once).
    Inaprov is a must if a patient has 150-200 damage and he is still alive.

CPR that resets braindead timer would be more realistic but probably will turn those who should care about xenos in a wannabe medics. Could be fun to test this, but it probably doesn't worth coding time.

tl;dr
    Please just strip armor from those who are not breathing... Just it
    Last edited by meowpeow; 02-13-2019 at 09:24 PM.