User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This just in: Cpr, is it worth trying?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCorazon View Post
    Okay yeah please do rescue breaths if you can - they are still helpful, more so during a two-person response, and especially with an O2 regulator. If you're alone chest compressions are the priority to keep the current O2 supply in circulation but no BLS class will leave out rescue breaths from training. Chest compressions only is easy to learn and remember for people unlikely to use CPR during their daily lives. Also, to be fair to chest-only, delivering compressions and breaths for more than two minutes is fucking exhausting.
    All my first aid kits at work still come packed with face shields for rescue breaths, it was more like 'if you have to choose between compressions and rescue breaths do the compressions'.

This whole thread really makes me think that the current medical system in CM is just just kinda 'good enough' and there's really a lot of cool stuff and equipment you could add to it in order to make it more interesting. I've heard lots of good things about the BrainMed system in baystation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do agree that the delayed timer idea would make for a great way to have CPR be actually useful too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not worth the time. You have better things to do as a medic, only worthwhile if you're holding a spot and medic is reviving someone next to you in FOB or something.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really isn't worthwhile as a defib removes all Oxy dmg in one charge
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cry of Wolves View Post
    I feel CPR should help add time on the Brain dead timer by delaying it since you are pumping oxygen into their body and thus into their brain. it would give it a real significance to try to use when the medic is too far.
    I demand the ability to change Marines socks to reduce infection on marines feet.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragestunner View Post
    I demand the ability to change Marines socks to reduce infection on marines feet.
    *whispers*
    Pssst... Hey, buddy. Marines don't wear socks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    *whispers*
    Pssst... Hey, buddy. Marines don't wear socks.
    The splints kind of look like socks.

Also, the added usefulness in delaying the brain death timer would do a lot for immersion and gameplay. I think that's a really elegant solution to make the mechanic have any sort of purpose. I seem to remember reading that you could perform CPR while dragging on the wiki, which would make this change even more useful for saving your buddies who've been dead for a while, but I don't think that's the case anymore if it ever was possible.
    Last edited by DreadPirateFury; 02-17-2019 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Added content to a post without any