Rals

Date of Incident
    August 25, 2021

Your Character Name?
    Brett McMatherson

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Wulferion, Rem1, Unknown, Unknown, Unknown

Accused Character Name
    Faerwald Wulfe, Daniel Jimenez, Gilbert Filbert, Grub Dunkers, Unknown Marine

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    From 11:38 to 12:53

What rule(s) were broken:
    CO guidelines, IE

Description of the incident:
    Right, so first part of report: Captain Faerwald Wulfe.

Delta marine was arrested for Assault and resisting arrest pre-drop, part if Delta decided to start protest in front of brig. Captain Wulfe has tried to defuse situation, however, among Deltas there were at least two marines marked for Major Crimes: Grub Dunkers for Disorderly Conduct for calling for riot on Delta comms, Delta SL Mull for NoD, since he did not participate in briefing. Captain Wulfe was constantly unmarking marines, whom I marked, ordered MPs to not arrest marked marines (According to MP Piett), lied to me regarding Delta SL in order to force me not to arrest SL. This sums it up for Captain's part. I would have faxed regarding it, however, I was not able to do so due to brig situatiin.

Now all other marines.

Daniel Jimenez: shot me around six times in brig maints using revolver, putting me into crit. I have died a minute later due to brig lockdown.
    Gilbert Filbert: tried to kill me using buckshot shotgun, when he and some other Deltas broke in to jailbreak someone. Was killed by me after getting stunned by flashbang.
    I was not directly victim in next cases:
    Grub Dunkers: tried to kill Warden during his second jailbreak, killed Piett when he (Dunkers) tried to Jailbreak other marines. Was killed by me after being stunned by flashbang

Unknown Marine: Killed MP Tanner and tried to kill Warden during his first Jailbreak, I could not find his name, since logs went too far away, it could be Gilbert Filbert

Everything above mentioned (Except CO part, Filbert and second dunkers incident) was ahelped in game, however, moderator did not have enough time to investigate it. I hope, that I did not miss anything and I would like to add, that I do not have logs and can be wrong in some cases.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    I do not have any on my hands

How you would punish the accused:
    It is up to whoever will handle this report

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MP Tim Tanner here. I agree with this report and was not okay with the events and being shot by the unknown marine. I was standing still and not doing anything when he broke free, ran up, and point blanked me to death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grub here.

Wulferion did the right thing and tried to de-escalate the whole scenario by trying to get the Delta's to deploy and work something out, Dominic would probably be pardoned if we decided to wait for the Captain to figure it out. We were all laying on the ground too, but Brett decided to throw in a few extra charges, mainly mine being riot (which was false because I only told Delta to rise up and head to brig to see if they detained Dominic or not. Isn't an actual riot.)

Multiple Delta's came, we all decided to lay on the ground and were not going to deploy untill Dominic was released. Brett had to slap some charge on me to prevent the CO from pardoning Dominic so he could escelate the scenario and turn it into something more volatile, aka marines going ham because more of their friends are being detained.

There's a different between being a literal robot, and showing some sympathy and working along in scenario's like these.

Brett has failed to show sympathy on any of such scenario's and often chooses to stick tight to the book of ML like it's his holy bible which can really be a bummer to ruin a good round.

In hindsigh this is what would've happened if Brett didn't intervene, the marines would've deployed and waited for Dominic after Wulferion was done pardoning him. There would've been no issues, and I can assure you the OP would've just gone smoothly. But what I really can't stand is that you leave a marine unattended for 3 minutes, they break free, they shoot their way out of brig and while they're being tazed they'll fight back because that's a marine's mindset pretty much, you shoot at me, I shoot at you.

I know we have rules regarding these matters but isn't it the MP's fault for being unable to keep someone detained in the first place? Literally no marine I know on CM would lay on the ground willingly and come along happily to jail without a fight. There will always be a fight, and this fight turned out to be a bit more lethal because frustration was pent up after you left us for like 25 minutes tied to a chair without processing a pvt and me. So obviously we're going to try and get out and blast anyone in our way BECAUSE WE HAVE LITERAL guns to try and get out to deploy.

Let it also be known that I would've called medbay to brig or brought your bodies to medbay to prevent you from slipping into perma. I wouldn't want to ruin someone's round like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also by the by I didn't kill anyone, all of my shots missed and I was trying to blow open the doors so I could walk out of brig. they closed the shutters on us to prevent that from happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shot you as jailbreak is a crime, once can be executed for and nanu said it's ok to shoot if you know you will be executed iirc, it was also the only weapon I had on hand.
    I don't see where I did anything wrong here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to mention you have somewhat of a reputation for doing things like a robot, escalation is not needed in those situations per say, not to mention you didn't follow marine law, and therefor server law by the books either, as you "suspended my appeal rights".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rals View Post
    Delta marine was arrested for Assault and resisting arrest pre-drop, part if Delta decided to start protest in front of brig. Captain Wulfe has tried to defuse situation, however, among Deltas there were at least two marines marked for Major Crimes: Grub Dunkers for Disorderly Conduct for calling for riot on Delta comms, Delta SL Mull for NoD, since he did not participate in briefing. Captain Wulfe was constantly unmarking marines, whom I marked, ordered MPs to not arrest marked marines (According to MP Piett), lied to me regarding Delta SL in order to force me not to arrest SL. This sums it up for Captain's part. I would have faxed regarding it, however, I was not able to do so due to brig situatiin.
    Okay first of all i'd like to say that i am in no way condoning shooting the MPs. I never ordered nor supported such action. That being said this whole situation could have been avoided with a bit of situational awareness and reason from Rals as the CMP. Especially since i, as the CO, had pretty much de-escalated the situation down to "Alright we will deploy. Let's go boys". It was the actions of the CMP that escalated the conflict and it was the CMP who made the first agressive move (by stunning one of the marines) against my direct orders.

Let me explain how things went down from my perspective:

The round started pretty standard. I woke up a bit late, went to CIC and talked with the XO. The XO wanted to lead the operation so we discussed the plan and i gave them a go-ahead on briefing. Just then i heard call of possible delta riot near the brig on MP comms. Following my standard procedure in such matters i raised to BLUE alert and announced for everyone to stand down, then went to investigate what is the problem.

I arrived in the brig and saw Powers being detained and delta squad protesting outside the brig. I asked for the charges and for Powers to tell me his side. The charge was assault on delta RTO (which powers admitted) so my first instinct was to call up the RTO to the brig and try to work something out. I went outside the brig and talked with the protesting squad, mainly the SL. After listening to the marines explain their side it seemed to me like your typical marine conflict. One marine says something the other punches him. Stuff like this happens among marines all the time. I gave it some thought but in the end i decided that the best course of action would be to grant Powers a pardon. I'd like to point out that during this whole time (at least from my perspective) the protesting marines were civil. They just stood outside the brig and talked to me as their CO about their friend getting arrested.

I was about to go ahead with the pardon when i noticed wanted markers apearing on the SL and on Grub (i wear sec HUD before drop) and heard the CMP ordering arrests on them. I told the MPs to stand down while i handle the situation. The reason i did this was not to obstruct their work but simply to keep the situation from escalating. Anyone with a bit of situational awareness would realize that arresting the SL would spark a conflict. I removed the wanted markers to prevent unaware MPs to accidentally starting a riot.

The MPs listened to me and i talked to the CMP about the charges for those marines. As said in the report the SL was charged with NoD for missing briefing and Grub for DC since he called marines to the brig. I do not believe these charges are valid for the following reasons. The SL was, at the time of briefing, talking to me as his commanding officer. Now i know SOP states that SL has to be present in briefing but surely talking to the CO directly is sufficient reason for missing it. Now for Grub and the DC. I do not think this charge applies at all. There was no disruption from delta squad prior to the escalation. They did not stop the MPs from processing Powers and all they really did was stand in the corridor and talk to their CO. I do not see how that is "disrupting the primary operation of the ship" in any way.

Now unfortunately that is the part where i messed up. I didn't voice these reasons quite as i should have (as i have done here) mostly since i was pressed for time and i was trying to get the CMP to back off before he smacks someone with a batton. In the end i did resort to lying about briefing the SL there, which is not something a CO should be doing. I will accept WL punishment for this.

Sadly the CMP didn't listen to me and proceeded to batton and arrest Grub, which escalated the situation. I tried to keep delta calm but at this point nothing i could say was enough to stop it. I went back to the CIC, announced multiple times for Delta to stand down. I also ordered anyone shooting arrested since as i said before i do not condone shooting MPs. Later i learned that Brett was killed and other MPs were wounded so i worked on getting a doctor to the brig and dispersing delta squad. In the end i ordered the rest of delta to deploy and authorized MPs to deploy for them once they are healed up. I was later contacted by Scarlet in PMs asking about the situation and explained my reasons to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rals View Post
    ordered MPs to not arrest marked marines (According to MP Piett)
    Now i'd like to say a few words about this. All 3 MPs present in the corridor with me (including Piett) were examplary in this matter. They were fully aware of the sensitivity of such situation and they followed their CO. Rals i only wish you were half the MP Piett was in this situation. The fact you had to resort to threatening your own MPs with NoD charges for listening to their CO demonstrates your priorities quite clearly in my opinion. Your behaviour in this situation is whats wrong with MPs right now. The marines are at fault for opening fire on the MPs, no doubt about that. But you are are just as responsible for the outcome. You escalated the situation. Hell you didn't even have to agree with me, just stand down and let me talk it out would be enough. I'd like to remind you that both in CoC and ML CoC the CO is a direct superior to the CMP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can add next things to said above:

Regarding Grub's arrest: I'd like to add to above mentioned things, that Grub was never stunned, he was just cuffed. Delta SL decided to interfere, took Dunkers away and when I chased SL, Delta decided to interfere. I used flashbang due to loss of my only other crowd control tool - pepperspray . Dunkers was then not processed for nest reasons: me getting shot through windows, marines trying to breach brig, one marine going in to free Dunkers, Jimenez blowing up brig using fuel tanks and killing me (In order to catch Jimenez, I had to resort to brig lockdown, which has prevented him from leaving brig maints). Dunkers was not stunned during first arrest, as far as I recall. Whole situation would be easier, would Piett be actually trying to help, to be honest, I have not seen her in brig during all that ( She could have been dealing with marines outside, though)

As I said in other report, Jimenez has asked to be released, due to the fact, that his appeal was not handled, to which I replied, that his appeal rights WERE suspended, meaning, that we were too busy to handle it and thus, at least part of his jailtime, appeal timer was not running.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Piett didn't help until ordered the shooting marines arrested. Because Piett was actually following my orders.

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be pulling these logs over the next few days.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)