Light Tim - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Personal Information

Byond ID?
    Light Tim

Marine Name
    Roy Davorg

Other Whitelist Applications
    I don't have it ready, but I would love to join the hunt, the lore is amazing.
    Oh and XO as well as soon as I think of a good and fun concept.

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Wilder

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Wilder is a constant joker that follows orders with quips and canned humor. Kind words and jokes are his forte. Extremely slient and quick to act when under stress however.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Because moving to all roles over time, I want to embed myself deeper into the fun community I'm enjoying. I also enjoy playing APC doctor for the challenge, so this would be the next step for me.

Synthetic Character Story
    Under the constant testing of designs, comedy was one of the types of concepts tested for long term workplace integration. Wilder is still in the late testing phases with key manufactured synths being tested and used in experimental situations. Wilder is new to the Alamyer, but is functioning at the position.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I've been an engineer for about 50+ hours on other servers, about 10+ hours on MT, and about maybe 2+ on OT, I understand the concepts, and can preform the practice. I understand how to do engineering.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I understand the jobs, I understand how to command, but I don't have more than 5 Hours on it.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I have easy over 50 Hours total of BASE experience of this, I understand how to do all chems, I understand how to do all surgeries, I even know how to do everything in research minus Egg stuff (lack of chance really.)

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    10+ hours. I can do line, use the system, use the pod delivery system, use the squad pod system, and even order and load OBs.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    My ping can have issues sometimes being rual (50 average,) but I know how to prioritize combat and positioning. Every situation is chaos, but I would focus on (Saving, triage, deterrence, and then self defence as a synth.)

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I would bring with me a hoard of dad jokes and canned "That's what she said!" lines with every round. If I'm not cracking jokes, I'm not making cheese.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Tim View Post
    Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes
    Yet you did it anyway.
    Denied.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Synthetic Council Member Yukonsnow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey.

A few issues I wanted to point out were your lack of a full synth story. While high word counts are not necessity, a story should have enough substance and dialogue that it can adequately demonstrate your quirk.

Your in game experience seems fine. Command is the department that orders OBs and engineering is the department that usually loads OB.

The combat scenario answer was not what we were looking for either. I really recommend going over the synthetic programming and guidelines again because you didn't actually answer when and where you are allowed to engage in combat as a synthetic.

Ultimately, I highly recommend you look at some of the accepted synthetic applications to get a feel of what we're looking for. A little more experience in engineering and commanding would be excellent too. Don't hesitate to ask any of the synth councilors for help with your app and going over your quirk ideas and story drafts.
    gaming

Discord: Yukonsnow#7186

Synthetic Technician Dan, message me about any Synthetic WL questions, I'll help as best I can.