Their BYOND Key
    Warfan1815
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    8:30 AM CT
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    I belive those would've been Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    and determine the seriousness of the issue
    Description of the incident
    This seniormoderator asked me to change my name, since it bears similarty to a right winged polish politic, I've tried to reason with him, mentioning that I've been running this name for a couple years already and never got noted or notifited of it till now. I belive I've made myself recognizable already, and I really liked that name, nor at any given time made any connection to the politician nor I have made any move suggesting him being a real person.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    I wouldn't I just want to keep my name and have my note removed.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can’t name yourself after famous people or real world/historical figures unless you have a name that is very common like “Michael Bolton” I use as an example. If the real world person has a unique or not common name, it’s a no go. Also just changing one character especially so it's not similar falls under this category.

This is what we call the Adolf Hibler clause, but management is the one who makes the decisions "Is this a common name" or is this basically trying to make your name "Donald Trumf act like Donald Trump" sorta thing.

If a review of logs show you're not acting like the politician I'll let Somenerd make the final call.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 08-29-2021 at 01:19 PM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Senior Admin & Training Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahelp Chain between Warfan and NiktWazny (Warfans In-game name is omitted since it's not relevant)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Posting two months worths of logs on Grzegorz wouldn't be very practical so you'll just have to take my word for it when I say I rooted through last months logs at the very least and didn't find anything that would imply they were trying to act like the politician they're named after.
    SURVIVOR GANG COUNCIL MEMBER

Survivor Gang In Action:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On review, I think Grzegor and Braun are both fairly common names in and of themselves, Braun in particular just means "Brown". I'm not exactly happy about its association with a politician and I do believe that you've done it to associate with that particular figure.

With that in mind, I don't generally like the excuse that "I've used it for years and it's been okay!" because that essentially means breaking the rules is okay as long as no one caught you for long enough.
    I'm only going to allow the name on the behest that if you're caught acting anything like the politician in question that you will receive a ban for flaunting the rules. This is solely being allowed because the name sounds like it's a relatively common name, like "Greg Brown".

Warfan did nothing wrong in his approaching you regarding the name and will not be receiving a reprimand, as this required manager review.

A note will be added allowing you to use Grzegorz Braum under the explicit knowledge that if you act like the person it's referencing you will be receiving a ban and have this privilege revoked.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)