User Tag List

View Poll Results: what version of roleplay fits?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lets try for HRP (lol)

29 29.59%
  • We should be MRP like staff says.

49 50.00%
  • Loosen restrictions to LRP standards

6 6.12%
  • Fuck it, we TDM now.

14 14.29%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we discard all pretense of RP?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Should we discard all pretense of RP?

It appears the vast majority of the playerbase has no interest in roleplay besides in a passing manner, the rounds are fast paced and offer little times for RP like the FOB sieges that take time - the only real RP is shipside and sometimes in Bravo.

Should the official stance of 'We are a medium roleplay server' be thrown out for low roleplay or outright TDM? It would resolve a great deal of administrative issues, people still probably would RP shipside and in bravo anyway like they usually do and nothing else would really change besides being bwoinked for being 'LRP'.

Shit there was just a few days ago a mod who used XOOC to tell us we were being 'LRP' by doing something I can't even remember as part of the push. It seems 'LRP' as a punishment by staff is a blanket term to cover anything they can't use other rules for, and is more of a gavel since you can't debate the point with staff either.

At the minute it feels like staff are trying to force something that the newer playerbase simply doesn't want, so what do we think forum junkies?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    server is tdm, not that good of a tdm server so we call it an RP server

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ tdm players: please go play tgcm and leave us the fuck alone? lol

Role play is what make CM good.
    Last edited by BurningMetal; 08-30-2021 at 05:49 PM.

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmwevil View Post
    the only real RP is shipside and sometimes in Bravo.
    Well boys we did it, we found the world's #1 most incorrect take in existence.
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy fucking dog shit we got this kind of thread again. QUICK! GIVE ME GASOLINE SO I CAN TORCH THIS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't read much of this, but the poll. This isn't your daily call of duty shooter game. This game was made for "Role Play" and "Action" If new players can't accept it. There has always been lots and I mean lots of other games in the world they can go back and play.

Role play is what made Colonial Marines so much fun. A lot of my memories are from role play experiences. I don't remember a lot of combat moments at all, because that's an every day thing.

But just seeing Role Play happening is like a picture to my mind. To remember over and over of how great that feeling was. And if you didn't have heavy death music up and had the right music. It was so nice.

New players aren't reasonable at all. I mean. I watch so many new players just shoot windows, walls. Raid medical and engineering without asking anyone. Briefing is skipped by so many people now.

You have to be blind if I have to keep on explaining this crap. This isn't your daily call of duty game. That's all I say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still blame sseth tide. I wish it was BPL and his Randolph P. Checkers vids that drew people to the server. Atleast BPLs you could say were definetly rp players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun-liquid View Post
    I still blame sseth tide. I wish it was BPL and his Randolph P. Checkers vids that drew people to the server. Atleast BPLs you could say were definetly rp players.
    ssethtide definitely changed the atmosphere of a bunch of servers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo I don't mind players not really RP'ing but I wish they'd at least make some kind of effort to stay in character.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere