User Tag List

View Poll Results: what version of roleplay fits?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lets try for HRP (lol)

29 29.59%
  • We should be MRP like staff says.

49 50.00%
  • Loosen restrictions to LRP standards

6 6.12%
  • Fuck it, we TDM now.

14 14.29%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should we discard all pretense of RP?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    How? It's humans vs xenos, where you get an instant win if you kill all xenos/kill all humans. How was it not intended to be TDM?
    Because the game was designed (by myself and others) to be an action-roleplay game and not strictly a team-deathmatch that promoted winning in lieu of socialization.
    You couldn't achieve victory in the past if you didn't roleplay, socialize and do things other than strictly shooting aliens.
    Where as now you can run around solo, not stay with your squad, never communicate, inject yourself with drugs to instant heal and keep on going till every xeno is dead.

This mindset of understanding the point of the game has been lost now, the game was never about winning but rather the story you created throughout the time playing. It's why our end-game screen was for ages "Thus ends the story of the U.S.S Sulaco and it's crew". However you can't create any stories or do anything other than shoot shit now because the rounds are over so fast nothing else matters.

Thats really the difference between this CM and the old CM. This CM actively promotes and pushes players towards a TDM mindset and fails to reward players for doing anything other than shooting shit and winning.
    Where as we developed mechanics, gameplay and an entire ruleset that promoted both action and roleplay for players that was equally rewarding.
    Last edited by Fewher; 09-03-2021 at 07:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I loved spending 2 - 3+ hours on ice and then sitting in SD. Sometimes, if we were really lucky, SD holdout would last another hour. It was super rewarding and pretty much made everyone feel good inside.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feweh please play the game in its current state before lecturing us about it, you get all your info from forum threads and it shows
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :3 i make a note to ALWAYS try to RP but that will not get in the way of rough housing and shenanigans wit da bois

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6DIRTY View Post
    Yeah I loved spending 2 - 3+ hours on ice and then sitting in SD. Sometimes, if we were really lucky, SD holdout would last another hour. It was super rewarding and pretty much made everyone feel good inside.
    Which is a fair opinion to have on what type of game you prefer, a TDM style game would be more accurate if you prefer constant action and movement. An Action-Roleplay game has moments of downtime and overall slower gameplay in order to promote roleplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    Feweh please play the game in its current state before lecturing us about it, you get all your info from forum threads and it shows
    I've been the most active on CM in the last year than I have been in the last few years, I just stopped using my primary Feweh account to avoid the fandom/badgerring.
    Last edited by Fewher; 09-03-2021 at 06:32 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    Which is a fair opinion to have on what type of game you prefer, a TDM style game would be more accurate if you prefer constant action and movement. An Action-Roleplay game has moments of downtime and overall slower gameplay in order to promote roleplay.

I've been the most active on CM in the last year than I have been in the last few years, I just stopped using my primary Feweh account to avoid the fandom/badgerring.
    Feweh multikeying?????????

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    post playtimes or fake
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    post playtimes or fake
    Playtimes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cannot believe that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CM RP only existed because of cool squad interactions, which only existed because the game was designed to fuck the average player over (space nam and all that).

All of the old design got removed because "it sucks for PFCs when" or "Nobody likes x anyways" so there's no squad interaction because there's no need for it. So there's no RP.

Not sure why we need to repeat this conversation every month.