User Tag List

View Poll Results: what version of roleplay fits?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lets try for HRP (lol)

29 29.59%
  • We should be MRP like staff says.

49 50.00%
  • Loosen restrictions to LRP standards

6 6.12%
  • Fuck it, we TDM now.

14 14.29%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Should we discard all pretense of RP?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boy CM still has it's identity crisis, I do not think this will ever change.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAB1019 View Post
    "Base" ss13 rounds end if the wizard dies. Guess they're all TDM too
    this but unironically

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    How? It's humans vs xenos, where you get an instant win if you kill all xenos/kill all humans. How was it not intended to be TDM?
    "Base" ss13 rounds end if the wizard dies. Guess they're all TDM too
    Quote Originally Posted by derpymcderpderp View Post
    this but unironically
    It's really this mentality and lack of gameplay/development knowledge that sets the tone as to how CM is where it is today, especially when it comes directly from prior head staff members.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish this was the case just so the game was at least moving in a controlled uniform direction

I find it FAR more frustrating seeing Roleplay stuff added to the game.. then ignored, removed, or forgotten; often patches later.

For example agents; cool addition, someone spent a good amount of time on them, different kinds and goals, added items to the game. People had fun.... then disabled forever.

Engineering was gutted, broken (hardwire smes for months) wiring was removed entirely; then power was removed entirely "temporarily". literally one of the only jobs the CE had left.

Floor tiles and mopping are still broken.. so you cant even act like a janitor if you are bored.

And most of above was done to make it run better... side effect killing a little more of the things you can do
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    It's really this mentality and lack of gameplay/development knowledge that sets the tone as to how CM is where it is today, especially when it comes directly from prior head staff members.
    agreed... some staff are part of the problem right now; they are totaly delusional about what CM need and try to push RP out of the game...
    But the poll do not lie: look at it: OBVIOUSLY the player base want higher RP. OORAH!

ill say it again, those who want TDM, you could go play league of legend or tgcm.... you will have much more fun!

this poll remind me of the permanest poll; Player base expressing their desire CLEARLY... meanwhile staff keep their stuck up mindset and ignore the player base.
    just look at this poll result, it say it all!

Hopefully, it will turn out like techweb poll, and staff will listen to the player base.. who know x)
    Last edited by BurningMetal; 09-29-2021 at 02:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The staff shouldn't have run notable community members out of the game and plunge CM into darkness.

I don't need to know how much fucking damage my M41A bullet does or what the attachments do. What I need to know is how cool my gun looks and maybe get a lucky kill to rng bullets on a xeno if I'm lucky.

I don't need to follow a marine deathball and be rewarded with a win. I need to be given an objective and get executed or banned if I fuck around.

I don't need to have optional briefings next to the dropships. I need mandatory briefing in a big room and get arrested for 10 minutes for missing it.

I don't need to know what a xeno is and plan my strategy around fighting one. I need a unknown creature I can make up a name for and slowly get picked off by them.

The game has been put in the hands of people who don't care, and people who don't care don't need to try. I saw people who cared get picked off for being notable, picked off by predatory mods who saw someone stand out and wait until they took one wrong step, then leave because the community somehow got worse and turned on them. Now all that's left are people who reflect the admins. Nonchalant players who glaze their eyes over as the game just plays before them like a movie instead of being an active participant of a play where they're an actor. I predicted this would happen years ago, now it's here.

The game began dying when Apop was stabbed in the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok feweh alt lol

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok feweh alt lol
    Nah Challade isnt a feweh alt, he was a pretty decent staff member until I had to execute him for something dumb feelsbadman
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were a good soldier you were just following orders against the traitor feweh alts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long time no see, honestly glad to see you're still hanging around, and yeah, it was dumb, the execution was reasonable and the right thing to do; as much as I bitch, I wasn't a good mod and I did stupid things. Sorry about putting you guys through that.