0 Thread(s)

Tyshon123 - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal Information

Byond ID?
    Tyshon123

Player Name You Use Most?
    John Stone

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    n/a

Have you received any bans in the last month?
    Yes

What is your timezone in UTC?
    CT

What is your discord username and handle?
    tyshon123#2929

Basic Questions & Story

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The job of the commanding officer is to lead and run operations of the ship, any short falls the co has the responsibility to make sure its resolved

Why do you want to be a Commanding Officer?
    i want to be the commanding officer because i know i can be a effective co also , i am a five year veteran i know this ship and its operation like my back hand.

Provide a short story of your Commanding Officer.
    he served as an enlisted marine for 10 years with marsoc before getting his commission after graduating officer candidate school. He was then sent back to his old unit as the co. his first operation was being tasked with clearing a known clf/upp unit in the outer rim. His operation was successful and lead to many civilian and p.o.w's being freed. he was awarded the gold medal , distinguished service medal, purple heart and lastly the navy's medal cross. he was awarded the gold cross for showing his effective leadership skills while in combat, he as awarded the distinguished service medal for his unit freeing 1000s of civilians, nd lastly the navy service medal cross for bringing home allied and uscm p.o.w

Experience

How familiar are you with command positions?
    i'm very familiar

Approximately how many hours do you have as Executive Officer (XO) at the time of writing this application?
    none since the rest, i have played many xo as xo before

How familiar are you with Department Head positions?
    very

How familiar are you with Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure?
    very

Scenarios

When do you believe a Battlefield Execution should be used?
    battlefield execution should be used when anyone puts the mission in danger including putting the ship in danger. this is the maximum punishment and it should be used accordingly

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner?
    when i feel its reasonable but not if its a capital punishment

Confirmations

Have you read the Code of Conduct?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Your app unfortunately doesn't meet the requirements for CO. Your story, while they don't have a word count, should display your efficiency in English grammar and sentence structure and well as making sense and that unfortunately isn't shown on this application.

You also say yourself that you have ZERO XO hours on record since writing this application which makes you automatically denied as you are meant to have atleast 30 XO hours on record

Your answers to the questions provided are also quite subpar and do not have enough substance for my own personal liking

I suggest asking for someone to proofread your application in the CM Discord WL help channel next time or ask a councillor for help.
    Last edited by TyroneDadWhisperer; 08-30-2021 at 10:50 AM.
    Synthetic Unit Adrian

Former CO Councillor 21/03/21 - 7/11/21

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The playtime reset was basically an entire year ago, having 0 hours in an entire year is oof. Even if you're a giga boomer that used to play tonnes, I'd still advise you to re-learn what it's like nowadays. Spaceman game has changed. See you next month cheng

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry but your application doesn't meet the criteria for the CO whitelist by a long shot. If you're serious about trying to get the CO whitelist I recommend putting more effort into your application, looking through other applications and taking a moment to see how the system works.

Clock in more hours as XO too - as the others've said, you have zero, which is already grounds for instant denial by itself.

Application denied. Feel free to reapply in 30 days.
    Last edited by naut; 08-30-2021 at 03:50 PM.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump