User Tag List

Thread: New ships

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New ships

So I was chilling one day reading the after action reports on the wiki and thought "damn the CLF has a fleet?" turns out yes some cells do have old converted civilian ships with hard points on them. And I was like "this could provide some serious RP to an underrated faction". the idea is that the ship would be a beat up shitter ship with most walls being faded or rusted, even having wires coming from the walls in some places and broken systems. A prep room for the fighters to get equipment like guns and ammo. a few anti-aircaft guns around it with some missile tubes. cic would be in a state of disrepair with few operating consoles. the ship would have a new role: CLF admiral he would act as the ships CO. and as for DS i might have to use the w-y ship parts to make a very small compact DS.

Or we could build a UPP ship with all the standard armaments expected of a patrol ship. it would have a green overall theme and rigid yet simplistic design expect of russians. it would have a smaller medical area then the Uss Almayer, No vehicle bay, larger loading area, one DS built from current upp ship parts, an advanced cic with reskinned computers, prep for the UPP ( just one large prep room cause no squads ), and much more.

one of these ships will be picked by yall and I will post updates for it on here when I can. I plan to hand over the files to the devs or whoever or just make a PR. No doubt it will take a while im thinking maybe a month or two depending on how things go.

so just reply to let me know which one yall want.
    Last edited by CLF; 08-29-2021 at 07:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The UPP ship definitely sounds interesting but the CLF ship is probably the more unique one. Would like to see what the CLF can do with a ship held together with duct tape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

progress reports:

This is just going to be a list of progress reports on what ive done. tell me if yall want anything changed and ill consider it.

-Made the CLF vendors by cutting the icon from antag vendors

-made the individual vendors code so that they are similar to marine prep vendors. later on will give its own custom role but for now its just using the illegal pirate id to grant access

-made some rusted/busted versions of current cic sprites.

-I now have the final ship design which was taken from the amazing game known as starsector
    and already started construction on it. I picked it for its rather simple design and its role in game.

Ive mostly figured out how jobs work and im not going to add an admiral but rather a captain who answers to the cell leader. the captain just runs the navy aspect of the cell if there is one.
    Last edited by CLF; 09-02-2021 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ship combat rp when?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when you code it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp. Could sworn seeing some code implemented in SS13. Escape pods that were flyable and had shootable weapons. I think it was supposed to be for a Battlestar Galactica type rp or something.