User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thread where we dance on techwebs' grave (and discuss)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't here for techwebs to be introduced, but I sure got to see the fall of them very quickly. I never really ordered them when I played RTO. I only enjoy RTO because of the phone and screw around with it.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Techwebs were a neat idea, but when the dev working on them left, and no one else picked it up, they were kinda doomed. They were in a bad spot, and didn't really give you options because if you deviated from the meta you were griefing. Picking engi tech was essentially griefing marines, which is not a good thing. Also, no one ever gave req points, because everything was objectively better than giving req points.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xenomorph 100% winrate time! LET'S GO BOYS!
    STOP TRYING TO A HAND WHOLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, super hyped about their removal. Second of all, I'm interested in how the game is rebalanced without the Techs around.

Big thing that everyone is sleeping on: No xeno Build Distribution. Xenos are going to be forced to dedicate more slots to Drone/Hivelord to construct even a passable hive, and that's going to reduce the hive's combat effectivness by quite a bit. In fact, I've already seen a lot of xeno matches where they crack from a lack of resin spreading.

A lot of adjusting to do from the players of each team, meta wise, before things stabilize.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
    Big thing that everyone is sleeping on: No xeno Build Distribution. Xenos are going to be forced to dedicate more slots to Drone/Hivelord to construct even a passable hive, and that's going to reduce the hive's combat effectivness by quite a bit. In fact, I've already seen a lot of xeno matches where they crack from a lack of resin spreading.
    Seeing Xenos have to go back to playing like they were pre-techweb will be interesting indeed.

Seeing Marines going back to playing like they were pre-techweb except they aren't getting any techweb stuff, defcon, or any vehicles back will be even more interesting.

Hilariously this is actually a survivor buff.

Jokes aside I honestly see the winrate being extremely one-sided until the team figures out how they want to rebalance after all this.
    STOP TRYING TO A HAND WHOLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    problem now is with all the adjustments to xenos during techwebs to help them out, and techwebs gone the adjustments are still there. Would like to see them reverted so no more funny 6 t3s at drop start.