User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UnclearDoctorMain - Commanding Officer Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAB1019 View Post
    Knows how to play SL and lead more than the majority of CO WL lol. Knows how to command as well in cic. 1+
    I honestly think that SL is one of the roles that has the most potential for fun just because of the level of engagement the role potentially has. I love interacting with all the boys during the round and the level of communication between squad and command while I play. Another thing I love about SL is honestly when people recognize you as a figure that can lead the flow of the operation, like pushing and retreating. I love every bit of it.

I'll do my best to continue doing what I do to make you thing that I'm qualified for being a good leader.
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    XO'd with me numerous times now and have been a fun and engaging leader, you communicate well and play to have fun rather than just powertrip. Trust you'll be a great addition to the WL and improve the quality of the rounds you play on

Big +1 from me
    Honestly for most of our CO-XO rounds, most people would think that the XO would be less engaging with the CO taking the helm of the operation and deploying. But commanding together with you taking commanding the flow of the battle and me the flow of information, I feel the amount of teamwork there and it's honestly insanely fun taking commanding to that level with you. You've been one of the people who's been helping me out the most and I'm at awe that you and other people are taking my decision to do this seriously and helping me out. I'll be indebted to you and the others for all that's been done to help me prepare and I'll do the best that I can with the push that you and everyone have given me. Thank you.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They actually know how to command and they have situational awareness that a lot of XOs and even COs lack, they aren't a stick up the ass when dealing with as a player or even ICily and they're definitely fun to play with. They RP appropriately to the ranks they play as (EX: XO and SL differently from PFC). Sure, they can break ML ICily but that doesn't mean they don't know ML. Players can know what's ICily illegal to do and do it anyway, no? It's all part of RPing, you don't need to be this super goodie two shoes to show that you can RP well, and in this case they don't break ML when in a position of responsibility, most of the time as a goon to add spice to the round, I doubt anything is wrong there. That point aside, they have formidable knowledge about how to maintain CIC, even alone because of the timezones they play at, so they can handle it properly all by themselves while still giving out solid orders so groundside doesn't get destroyed while, lets say, an OB is being dialed and shot, and more importantly they actually keep an eye on most comms, including JTAC, which again is already a major plus since a lot of XOs and COs also don't do it ironically enough.

tl;dr: Unbased and bluepilled

+1 from me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had Amber as my XO for a lot of rounds.

They know their way around on commanding and taking the lead of the operation very well. It was fun to have you as my XO and I'm pretty sure the marines also enjoyed that round.
    While some questions about ML have been brought up, I think it's fair to say that a lot of people, including me, lose their shit with MPs so it's understandable for me you hating them a bit.
    You have played a lot of SL too and is very talkative on comms. You can coordinate the squads well so you're good in my book.
    Application is also fine and I liked your answers so there's no reason to not give you a positive vote.

+1.
    Last edited by Axyinious; 09-05-2021 at 12:04 AM.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrafticalDecoy View Post
    They actually know how to command and they have situational awareness that a lot of XOs and even COs lack, they aren't a stick up the ass when dealing with as a player or even ICily and they're definitely fun to play with. They RP appropriately to the ranks they play as (EX: XO and SL differently from PFC). Sure, they can break ML ICily but that doesn't mean they don't know ML. Players can know what's ICily illegal to do and do it anyway, no? It's all part of RPing, you don't need to be this super goodie two shoes to show that you can RP well, and in this case they don't break ML when in a position of responsibility, most of the time as a goon to add spice to the round, I doubt anything is wrong there. That point aside, they have formidable knowledge about how to maintain CIC, even alone because of the timezones they play at, so they can handle it properly all by themselves while still giving out solid orders so groundside doesn't get destroyed while, lets say, an OB is being dialed and shot, and more importantly they actually keep an eye on most comms, including JTAC, which again is already a major plus since a lot of XOs and COs also don't do it ironically enough.

tl;dr: Unbased and bluepilled

+1 from me.
    I'll try to do my to maintain everything you've said about it. I have a lot of bald as fuck rounds and a lot of super amazing rounds. But I love interacting with the boys more than anything and I hope I'll be able to do it on another level to make rounds more fun for everyone. I especially always like seeing you as one of my specs because I know it's going to be an amazing battle. Like when I was solo-CICing on Fiorina and we were basically having an FOB siege at :33; you did amazingly working together with APC and we held out for an AMAZING amount of time because of the groundside teamwork you guys made there and the round lasted to almost 2 hours. Even though we still ended up losing, shit like that motivates me to try my best for you boys! I look forward all our future rounds together!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little hesitant to do this, but I'm dropping a +1 for you.

I've had you as an XO a couple times and you've done fine. I've also seen you as XO while as a marine, and I've been in the same squad as you more than a couple of times. Never have I really felt concerned that you were doing things to grief, or to be LRP. I think you do just fine, and I want to support you in attempting to redeem yourself a bit.

My only real hesitation here is your grasp on ML. The one time I saw you as an MP, it wasn't really great; there were wrongly placed charges and iirc you were brigged cause of it. I don't know if that was just a one-off occasion or not, but I need to stress: while it's not your main concern, having a good grasp on ML is a good thing when playing CO, because every now and then it rears its ugly head and you have to deal with some cursed ML moment.

But yes. TL;DR, make sure you understand ML, otherwise I think you're fine and ingame and the app you made is fine as well. +1, good luck and here's to a good redemption arc.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Axyinious View Post
    I had Amber as my XO for a lot of rounds.

They know their way around on commanding and taking the lead of the operation very well. It was fun to have you as my XO and I'm pretty sure the marines also enjoyed that round.
    While some questions about ML have been brought up, I think it's fair to say that a lot of people, including me, lose their shit with MPs so it's understandable for me you hating them a bit.
    You have played a lot of SL too and is very talkative on comms. You can coordinate the squads well so you're good in my book.
    Application is also fine and I liked your answers so there's no reason to not give you a positive vote.

+1.
    I always feel comfortable going XO when you're the Captain because you have a friendly atmosphere about you, so I always find it easy to focus more on the round instead of focusing on not making a fool of myself. I've always enjoyed working with you and I'll do the best I can to keep up the things about myself that you see are qualified for the role.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frans_Feiffer View Post
    I'm a little hesitant to do this, but I'm dropping a +1 for you.

I've had you as an XO a couple times and you've done fine. I've also seen you as XO while as a marine, and I've been in the same squad as you more than a couple of times. Never have I really felt concerned that you were doing things to grief, or to be LRP. I think you do just fine, and I want to support you in attempting to redeem yourself a bit.

My only real hesitation here is your grasp on ML. The one time I saw you as an MP, it wasn't really great; there were wrongly placed charges and iirc you were brigged cause of it. I don't know if that was just a one-off occasion or not, but I need to stress: while it's not your main concern, having a good grasp on ML is a good thing when playing CO, because every now and then it rears its ugly head and you have to deal with some cursed ML moment.

But yes. TL;DR, make sure you understand ML, otherwise I think you're fine and ingame and the app you made is fine as well. +1, good luck and here's to a good redemption arc.
    During this round, I made a mistake with misinterpretation from my CMP and it resulted in me unintentionally disregarding orders. It was honestly heartbreaking to hear "I didn't expect this from you, Walsh". My issue doesn't lie with knowing ML. I can handle many situations based on knowledge alone, but my downfall for the rest would be experience. I have only about 14 hours as MP, so it's was a mistake based on that alone. I don't look for empathy by saying this, but I'd like you to know that I'm serious about my commitment to the WL and will try my best to keep myself qualified for the WL.

Thank you for your kind words and I'll do my best to livenup to your expectations.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 For competence in the XO and SL roles. As long as you keep focused and keep your CO antics separate from the rest I would never see this player having issues leading the marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amber is good at whatever they play. Great XO as well.
    From what I've seen, whatever shenanigans they do as MT doesn't crossover to other roles.

+1