User Tag List

Thread: Hunter Games Discussion / Suggestions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hunter Games Discussion / Suggestions

Hey all,

So earlier on we attempted to run a round of Hunter Games in what seems like a very long time, however, due to all the updates and changes that CM has had over the times... it sorta broke / was unbalanced. That being said, us staff would like to hear what your ideas, suggestions, gripes etc. are so that future Hunter Games are more balanced and thus more fun to participate in.

We know now that the original game mode template is broken and band aid fixes had to be made. We thought that some of the walls and edits we made would stick once the round actually started, but alas, they didn't and we scrambled to get things in line. We know that large number of M11 Throwing Knives are a no-no, and will adhere to only having a few scattered across the map. Same goes with my personal favorite, the Lunge Mine.

Since Hellhounds were borked, we had decided on introducing a number of Van Bandoliers as the herding / culling mechanic, but we're still working out the kinks on that. We'd be open to other suggestions in place of BGHs or how to implement them better.

Finally, there's nothing we can really do about the lag in a game mode such as this. Please keep it civil, we're trying our best to revitalize this game mode and perhaps some others down the line.

Whitelisted Synthetic Unknownity's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    force pred in HG to serve as additional herders + possible shop keepers that would trade heads of killed people for gear
    Samuel 'Prophet' Logue
    BRAVO n CHARLIE Forever
    "Getting too old for this shit."
    ----
    Synthetic Kyra
    ---
    Yautja Shi'rei Mei'ka
    ----
    POW
    Burrower main

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknownity View Post
    force pred in HG to serve as additional herders + possible shop keepers that would trade heads of killed people for gear
    I think that's more akin to Tribes (another dead game mode) - but that's something we can possibly work with in the future.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try it another time on Trijent Dam, a much more spacious map than LV. Also, give flashlights to everyone and basic first aid kit. If you got hit with a throwing knife in the head, you're dead, so if you're robust, you can quickly bandage your head, inject with pain-stop and keep fighting a kind of balanced battle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can I get that game from you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try playing on corsat, more larger.
    Having an Non player threat such as AI xenos or Zombies may Incentivies teaming up and less KOS situations as you have better chances of living if you are with someone than not, or potentialy down your temporary ally and let them be a distraction for yourself.
    As well as that being the last team standing does not have to be the only way to win, Maybe If you complete a set of Risky Challenges such as Finding specific sets of Items that are across the map.
    you can have a map location challenge that if completed would send out a announcment globaly that alerts other teams. such as If you set yourself up in Admin you may have to repair admin computers and bootup a Distress for just your team, or if you setup in Atmos you can repair atmos and cut air to rest of the station killing everyone else.
    this way you will have:
    Travelers doing the challenge,
    People with bases setup in parts of the map,
    Raiders trying to be last people alive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am glad that more and more developers are communicating with players and trying to improve the game based on user recommendations. It used to take a lot of effort for developers to do something based on player requests. I've been playing video games for a long time, and in all that time, I've tried different ones. I don't have time for video games, but I occasionally play Roblox. This game became especially interesting to me when I noticed a lot of memes about Roblox woman face. I spent a lot of time getting the gist of the meme.
    Last edited by capitulinagarage; 07-26-2022 at 11:38 AM.