Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [FEEDBACK] Mapping Changes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[FEEDBACK] Mapping Changes

Hi hello!

I am "in charge" of our current maps. So far I haven't changed too many things nor I wish to rewrite the entire game but there are and will be a few tweaks.

Changelog: https://cm-ss13.com/changelog/

I usually go through Gitlab, collect issues/suggestions and make changes in a batch per map, to avoid spamming the changelog and/or confusing the players. That's why you can see me approving suggestions but not seeing the change in the game for a week or so.

This topic serves as a positive/negative feedback and general salt outlet for everything I have done, I should have done, I haven't done but you still fault me for it. General forum rules apply but otherwise, go wild. I will check both this and Gitlab, not so much the other parts of the forums.

You can also hit me up on voice chat if you see me there or ping me on Discord if you dislike the forums.

Current plans:

- LV: Noting so far.
    - Big Red: Bugfixes.
    - Prison: Bugfixes, checking why it crashes.
    - Ice: Tough one. I wish to completely rework it with only one z-level.
    - Almayer: Expanding the pipe system.
    - Trijent Dam: Pending but it will be maintained either by me or Sly.
    - Whiskey Outpost: Pending.
    - HvH: Working on a solution to make HvH bearable.
    Last edited by Miraviel; 03-06-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It maybe a fluff, but shouldn't Almayer, as military vessel, have those cameras in space? It's not submarine, but a spaceship and "knowing" what is going on outside is more realistical. Right now it's completly blind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you're changing the "Stand in CIC" stuff which i've complained about multiple times. Thank you Miraviel very cool.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't like some of the nightmare variations of Prison at all. The earlier Prison round I played had the center entrance of civ res blocked, the south entrance filled by the passenger ship normally found in SE of LZ1 (can't be C4'd btw, so no you're not getting through it) and I honestly felt like there was nothing marines could really do to actually break through a stalemate (which we had in high sec but since they can't flank for shit it was kinda just "pick off the other isolated flanking force and then brute forcing through the main one with screech)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    It maybe a fluff, but shouldn't Almayer, as military vessel, have those cameras in space? It's not submarine, but a spaceship and "knowing" what is going on outside is more realistical. Right now it's completly blind.
    Unfortunately, we have no space mechanics now whatsoever so it'd be completely a fluff addition. However, I think ARES should report where a docking shuttle docks because the ship is REALLY blind now in this sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    I really don't like some of the nightmare variations of Prison at all. The earlier Prison round I played had the center entrance of civ res blocked, the south entrance filled by the passenger ship normally found in SE of LZ1 (can't be C4'd btw, so no you're not getting through it) and I honestly felt like there was nothing marines could really do to actually break through a stalemate (which we had in high sec but since they can't flank for shit it was kinda just "pick off the other isolated flanking force and then brute forcing through the main one with screech)
    Forgot to mention but nightmare variations are a Neth thing (so far). I'll discuss this with him.

Also I left it out in the opening post: Ice is getting the next patch so if you got any small issues, make sure to report it. I'm maintaining that map until I replace it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the changes you've made so far, and that someone is finally keeping up with suggestions on gitlab.

On the printer you added in research; great you added it, but think it should be placed elsewhere, such as in the first room closer to the paper trays. It being in front of the Containment Lockdown button is awkward.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    There was like 2 months difference between NMC on prison being implemented and it actually being live on server

I hope Miravel will make things right and she has all rights to do as she sees fit, as I'm okay with almost everything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly a huge fan of all the changes I've seen so far Miraviel. So many small things have been over looked or neglected for a long time, it's a breath of fresh air to see them being addressed. Stuff like the pred ship isn't essential to anyone, but updating it just makes everything more consistent.

Although it has a lot of problems with 2 Z levels I'll be sad if ice is turned into one large over map though. Have you considered reworking it so the ladders line up more and there's less weird space warping going on? It would mean having to make both the over ground and underground a bit smaller. Game play wise I'm just worried ice will be too similar to BR or Trijent dam, although I can understand people will disagree and say that's a good thing I'll miss the variety though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heraclitus View Post
    Honestly a huge fan of all the changes I've seen so far Miraviel. So many small things have been over looked or neglected for a long time, it's a breath of fresh air to see them being addressed. Stuff like the pred ship isn't essential to anyone, but updating it just makes everything more consistent.

Although it has a lot of problems with 2 Z levels I'll be sad if ice is turned into one large over map though. Have you considered reworking it so the ladders line up more and there's less weird space warping going on? It would mean having to make both the over ground and underground a bit smaller. Game play wise I'm just worried ice will be too similar to BR or Trijent dam, although I can understand people will disagree and say that's a good thing I'll miss the variety though.
    Ice, to be good, needs a shrinked Underground, more ladders, ladders in the correct locations instead of all over the place, and a stairs mechanic (aka you walk into stairs and you get teleported with the drawback of not seeing down / up, but the positive being instant movement). Stairs are just so much better than the Elevator as Elevator takes too long to setup, get in, then get down / up that boilers camp you or xenos sticky spam your entrance / exit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The changes to prison are horrendous, and while I know you weren't responsible for them, it should be a baseline on what not to do. The entire map is heavily flawed anyway, as most of it goes unused every single round. I doubt many players can remember the last time they were even in the central yard portion of the map. It needs to be more accessible, with the blast door system heavily outdated. Civilian Residences under no circumstance can be accessible through one Umbilical like it is in some variations at the moment. Even cutting it off from VIP cells was a major oversight.

I'm not even going to bother getting in to the other maps, and honestly, the only reason I have even an iota of interest in posting is because I think the HvH base you made looks great. More than half the maps are neglected and outdated by a factor of years, but best of luck.