User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lunarflu - Moderator Application

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, I want to sincerely thank all of you for your feedback. Thanks to your vigilance (4 posts in 51 minutes!) I now have an opportunity to explain my judgements and quash some of the rumors going around.

I will address all four of you simultaneously, so apologies if I appear to be generalizing.

Firstly, the xenomorph stuff. I'm a bit confused, because you are demonizing PG13 xeno momma jokes, but then avidly defending pedo jokes. Where is the line being drawn?

The main reason I am harsh on pedo jokes is because they frequently poison communities. I have never ONCE seen a community benefit from such jokes, so from my perspective you guys are hurting yourselves when you use such jokes.

"On the gun bans". Which ones? As I told you on Discord, if you have any specific examples you would like to highlight, I welcome it. So far you have provided no such examples, instead choosing to reiterate the same points that you failed to prove on Discord... I wish very much to improve and learn from my mistakes, so if you could point me to an action you thought was unjustified I'll happily look it over with you.

With respect to understanding the community, that's... what I did when I DMed users instead of instantly warning. It's also what a Head and a Manager on two separate occasions advised me to do, but it becomes difficult when members block me instead of choosing to discuss with me.

You probably know what I'm talking about, ZAB, since I DMed you twice about shitposting in #community-feedback before you forced me to finally take action (which you are voluntarily abstaining from appealing on the forums). You are probably the single strongest example of me trying to resolve things outside of warns/bans.

And Code., your assertion that I am a "ban first think later" moderator is unfounded, as I recently tried to contact you so we could do some thinking together, but you had me blocked. It is your choice whether or not you want to talk to me, so I would appreciate that you not play both sides of the fence.

Lastly, it seems gtapedestrian may be slightly misinformed. I never banned or warned anybody for saying queer nor for reacting with "king" emojis. I did DM Joey and reminded him gently to slightly tone down his use of "queer" since it was making staff agitated (and maybe another staff member would warn him if he kept it up, etc), and he was understanding.

I do not blame you all for being victims to these rumors, and I am thankful to finally put your worries at ease.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I chatted with lunarflu a bit regarding the app itself. thing is.
    I can see that they're making jokes with the "mommy queen" shit on discord and I was a bit worried at first that a discord volunteer was acting like that. but if the management were fine with them and let them keep making those jokes obviously it's just silly jokes and we should take a step back and rethink it through.
    I'm not here to vote on the app just here to comment on it and point that out. I don't know them well enough to say if they're good or bad based on experience as I only just known them for about a week and you see, I don't think they did anything bad from what I 'seen' (I'm not online 24/7 and people don't always keep me up to date so I don't know if they've been up to some other shit I didn't know about) regardless, I think lunarflu would be fine as a moderator given their knowledges of dealing with people

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on my interactions with Lunarflu both IC and OOC, I am going to leave my +1 vouch for their mod application.
    I have seen them play a lot of MP. That is wise for applying for mod, since you'll have to deal with some tricky Marine Law ahelps sometimes.
    OOCly, I have no issues with them. They are a discord volunteer so I can trust them moderating our server.
    Good luck!
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1, answers are good, OOC and IC you're a good player. Vastly improved since last time, just learn ML. They're a perfectly good discord volunteer as well.
    Stephen Belfast, PBer
    Pau'thi Teer, unrobust pred
    JO-J0, really bad runner
    Also Yautja WL councillor. Feel free to DM me on discord for any Predator related concerns.
    FrankTheMagicPotato#5067
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarflu View Post

Firstly, the xenomorph stuff. I'm a bit confused, because you are demonizing PG13 xeno momma jokes, but then avidly defending pedo jokes. Where is the line being drawn?

Well, the difference is, we joke in a negative manner when it comes to pedos and pedophilia

PG-13 jokes about blah blah mommy sexual fetish coming from a moderator on a literal xenomorph sex server is a completely different ball park 8)

Yautja Council Member Joe Lampost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got Mod Experience from another CM type server a great fit for the staff team +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answer and all that, plus you got some experience from discord moderation, you will be fine for trial +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see lunar like a unstable person, it is easy to respond the question asked here but i prefer the actions, it talks more of the person and how useful is gonna be for the community itself, Lunar have a problem pinning things that he only likes ( making 5-6 pins daily about useless things) nobody find useful any pinned message of lunar.
    By the way lunar have a weird way of joking, this weirds ‘’mommy’’ and ‘’xeno fetish’’ its ok to joke maybe 1 or even 3 times, but this is showing all the time self respect please, lunar pin messages with xeno or queen and any other useless thing that he likes, i find this person to only do things for himself at this point seeing at his actions.
    Lunar,the actions are really important to understand if a person gonna be useful , it talks more of a person than the words itself, respect is useful in the community, if they dont respect you, they dont gonna listen you, simple as.
    I dont see any beneficial thing in putting lunar in staff with all of this being said.
    Javi

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why do you play on the xenomorph sex server
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've taken a read at the comments in this forum as well in discord and honestly it's just funny how the only people who are supportive of this app are either literal who's (excluding Axyinious) or moderators, having fun with your powers is OK (i did it myself several times and I have no regrets!) but when people begin to perceive you like a literal jannie (someone who can't take a joke or has a really weird sense of humor) then everything goes to hell.
    The app is O.K, but we all know apps can just be copied pasted with some edits to make it look original, so not much of a feat, but when it comes to your presence in the community you're a dead end, people will judge the overall moderation team by that one dumb fuck who does a faux pas (and apparently you have a lot of them) so, unless the top brass doesn't really care anymore and just want to scrap the bottom of the barrel then chances are you won't be welcomed to the ranks.

-1 . Best shot is to make a new identity and work from there. (Also, why shoot yourself in the foot and say publicly you moderated an ERP server?)
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart