0 Thread(s)

Kitsunemitsu - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal Information

Byond ID?
    Kitsunemitsu

Player Name You Use Most?
    Kirie ‘Panzer’ Saito

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    Have you received any bans in the last month?
    No

What is your timezone in UTC?
    EST/UTC-5 (I usually play at 2-7am though)

What is your discord username and handle?
    Soulmate Valkyrie Type Z#2401

Basic Questions & Story

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    They are, first and foremost to run the operation.
    This includes making sure that ship and the battlefield runs correctly.

They are the end all, be all of both command and marine law and must be fluent in both.
    They must be able to both lead the marines to victory, and make sure the MPs follow procedure.

However, all of what I said above is the duty of every Commander.
    A CO should go above and beyond, adding RP into the round instead of just being another Executive Officer on board. They should be a little wacky without griefing, willing to RP, and able to uphold the RP Standard of this server
    They should be focusing on making the round fun for everyone, and maintain order aboard the Almayer.

Why do you want to be a Commanding Officer?
    I enjoy Executive Officer and CMP quite a bit and I want a more RP-focused version of it. I love talking with all the players aboard the Almayer, and I really enjoy the role of Executive officer.

Provide a short story of your Commanding Officer.
    Experience

How familiar are you with command positions?
    My most played roles aside from Executive Officer are Squad Leader with 54 hours and Staff officer with 55 hours.

Approximately how many hours do you have as Executive Officer (XO) at the time of writing this application?
    I have over 70 hours at the time of writing.

How familiar are you with Department Head positions?
    I also have 40 in CMP and 20 in CMO. I’ve also played RO.
    I know how all the departments aboard the almayer work and I’ve been the head of most of them, except for Engineering.

How familiar are you with Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure?
    Very Familiar. I enjoy MP and CMP quite a lot with almost 80 hours combined

Scenarios

When do you believe a Battlefield Execution should be used?
    Personally, I am not a fan of permanently removing someone from the round, without the procedure of a regular Execution. But Battlefield Executions are supposed to be a solution to someone that is actively trying to derail the round.
    This reservation does not go for USCM enemies.

Examples: The Mortar operator lazes coords for the Dropship and fires a mortar into it, killing multiple marines and a pilot.

A marine gets mad at a Lieutenant that deploys with me. They take out their shotgun and kill my Lieutenant, and threaten to kill anyone else that bothers him.

UPP or CLF officers that do not surrender will be met with no mercy and will be battlefield executed if no means of capture are available, as they are inherently a threat to my command.

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner?
    Pardons may be used once per person, to excuse any non-capital crime. They should be used rarely, and in dire circumstances.

Examples: The only CT is arrested and the FOB has no metal. I am the only person in command. I should pardon the CT to let them do reqline and FOB crate while I lead the op

The XO and a Smartgunner get into a shoving match and the MPs arrest both of them The operation is starting, and both of them forgive each other. It’s better to pardon them instead of having my XO and an SG stuck in brig for the beginning of an operation and give them a warning.

Confirmations

Have you read the Code of Conduct?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes
    Last edited by Kitsunemitsu; 09-10-2021 at 04:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love talking with Kirie OOC and an XO round with her is always reassuring because I won't have a basic ass commander that's hard to talk to. I always get the feeling from Kirie that they are a very engaging person and it's always fantastic having someone that's not only easy to talk to, but competent in the XO position. Even in rounds that end with a loss, it's still a good run before we're ultimately put under. Even as CMP, they don't have a stick up the ass and are willing to listen to what you have to say. Personally, I always also feel very assured whenever I play XO and they are my CMP.

Big +1 from me. I would love to have a captain like her and I look forward to seeing what kind of roleplay she would have in mind for us.
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For disclosure, I was consulted on this application and gave some pointers towards some of the answers, so I'll refrain on commenting on the answers themselves.

Now I'm going to -1 it because I don't want any competition for rolling CO once a month.

On a serious note, seen you both as CMP and as XO enough to know that you have the technical know how and understand everything a competent CO should understand.

+1, you should be more than fine. Good luck.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kirie is one of my favorite people to interact with on the ship, I've had no bad interactions with them and their RPing is proper and enjoyable for both sides. Even as a CMP/XO main, they don't have the traits to make people hate them as they understand that on the other end of the screen is another player trying to enjoy the game, so they go with their best ability to make interacting with her a fun experience. As a CMP, she understands the laws and applies it and its procedures properly, and no funny metabuddying stuff. If you break the law, you do the time, simple as. And as an XO, she knows how to handle CIC well, she knows how to lead from the ship (I have no experience with her planetside leading however), and her ML knowledge makes her a very efficient commander on the ship.

And thus, this application gets a +1 from me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based commander who’s fun to interact with, if you become CO stay yourself and don’t become one of the 30 generic unrecognizable COs who just exist. +1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok now don't complain I don't recognize you when I play SEA smh
    Yes, I've been thinking about this application for some time now, and after I was informed you made the app I have to eventually come to check it out.
    The Player
    I've known and trusted Kirie, I don't see her being a problem in any foreseeable future as CO or otherwise. Her conducts in-game and off-game are definitely far better than mine.
    Player as Commander
    Kirie is a very by-the-book XO that doesn't do anything crazy so to speak off. not that I remember them doing something so out there.
    My Opinions of them
    Personally, I don't really give a shit who becomes CO unless they somehow failed to meet my bare minimum of being able to lead, has a commanding presence, actually played ground side role, played as the corpsmen, played all support roles at some point or know how they work. expectation or they're a genuinely a disgusting shitter which I would probably have reported by now if I felt that way. Some players are great, some players stand out. Kirie isn't one of those XO who stands out, nor is a shitter, they're fine and adequate.
    My word can't be taken seriously here because I vote on most WL apps especially for people I actually played with as opposed to. let's say people I don't know and don't care about.
    You definitely met all my expectations but you certainly didn't surpass it nor did anything exceptional

+1

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyones already said everything i was gonna say but Saito also lead a really good operation when my dumbass got early capped and didn't panic out, several rounds they've XO'd for me and hasn't let me down and also a great show of character when they went outta their way to show a new SO player the ropes of CIC during a briefing. Good addition to the WL +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kirie is one of those people that understand the value of RP, consistency in their character and overall what it takes to handle CIC as a whole, I've seen them take positions in most departments and never underperform nor try to take advantage of the role to harm another players round, they know their commanding, marine law and what concerns me the most, the people and teamwork with other departments required to actually carry out a round in an enjoyable manner for everyone.

Personally played around the enough to vouch that, while not having flashy ground plans as XO, can make for a memorable CO with an unique personality (and willing to engage with others) that will greatly benefit the WL, specially in terms of events and shipside matters that feels sorely missed.

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good CMP, one of the few who isnt a shitter.

Solid grasp of ML, and excellent as an XO.

Does some good RP too.

I have no complaints

Enjoyed the diary style Story

+1

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had her as XO for two rounds.

First round the XO asked "do you want me to run the operation for you". I know that it's usually a red flag, so I answered no. Then she had no impact and cryoed after a few minutes.

Second round, asked "do you want me to run the operation for you?", no, "can I deploy then?", no. Then I've ordered her to check up on the req since it was ran by two CTs. Didn't return to CIC even after deployment and didn't follow up on whether the CTs are up to par. Me and SO thought she cryoed. Then I noticed her talking on the radio like 5 minutes after the deployment and ordered her back to CIC.

Since I expected her to outright refuse to do overwatch or just sabotage it, I've decided on a different path - told her to sit in the Captain's chair and provide information, but do not give any orders, because I was leading the operation myself. And I moved to Alpha and Bravo overwatch, luckily I had a good SO doing Charlie and Delta.

Then she started ranting how it's unfair that she cannot give any orders, since it's pretty much making her a SO(oh, the injustice!). Also said something about how I'm wasting "such a well trained Commander".

Her only real input was asking me that she wants to announce that the south side of the FOB was getting attacked. I told her to order all of Bravo there. My plan was that the 3 other squads would hold the north and the east(Kutjevo). Instead she didn't bother to contact Bravo at all and just waited a few minutes and ordered everyone south anyway.

Also announced how she's not allowed to give any orders and order evac. Even though PO just left and we could not order it anyway at the moment. So I've ordered evac myself and while it was rough, we've evaced OK.

After the evac she just cryoed.

This all said, I rate the applicant as one of the worst XOs I've ever seen.

Now, speaking not as a CO, but as a normal marine, I hate having to follow orders from someone, who believes that they, in turn, are above being ordered. Such people should be kept from positions of power at all costs. Applies to the real life too, BTW.

In the end, I'm giving this application as strong a -1 as I can.
    Last edited by sg2002; 09-21-2021 at 03:51 AM.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew