9 20.93%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trapper boiler should be removed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trapper boiler should be removed

trapper boiler not only doesn't do the name, but exists purely to siege cades more powerfully than any other caste can in the game.

Marines are supposed to be strongest in their initial push and then in their defences, but trapper ruins the point of an entire half of the gameplay loop for marines.

thus I doubt many people will go 'YOOOOOOO TRAPPER IS HEALTHY FOR THE GAME!!!'

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what is trapper boiler?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    who dat?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    back in the day xenos had to use teamwork and effort to break cades, all while exposing themselves to the dangerous marines behind the cades. now all the xenos need is a trapper boiler and a cadeline is gone in under a minute with no risk. i blame the trapper boiler for making the game more tdm-like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trapper is cancer, but I think it should be reworked rather than removed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshguac View Post
    back in the day xenos had to use teamwork and effort to break cades, all while exposing themselves to the dangerous marines behind the cades. now all the xenos need is a trapper boiler and a cadeline is gone in under a minute with no risk. i blame the trapper boiler for making the game more tdm-like
    Trapper and remote building completely remove all challenge from siegeing.

The old "boiler gasses, xenos run in and slash cades under gas" was lots of fun.
    Now it's just "stand 16 tiles back, destroy cades protected by infinite remote transparent walls."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance Asshat View Post
    Trapper and remote building completely remove all challenge from siegeing.

The old "boiler gasses, xenos run in and slash cades under gas" was lots of fun.
    Now it's just "stand 16 tiles back, destroy cades protected by infinite remote transparent walls."
    would remote building be better if it couldn't build near marine barricades? lets say that anywhere there's a marine cade there's like a 3x3 around it the queen can't build in

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think trapper is the least enjoyable Xenomorph to engage in a fight, as it both puts out a lot of damage and debuffs to both marines and structures alike. Unlike the traditional boiler, which has well-designed intended weaknesses yet amazing potential in other situations, the trappers kit is extremely flexible for nearly any situation and along with this kit, has a short cooldown cycle along with hard AOE DPS, and they also have debuffs at their disposal.

The remote building I don't have as much issue with, although perhaps it could show a "ghost" of the thing being built (similar to pylons) to allow marines an attempt to damage it before completion, and a brief warning.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boiler is kind of in a bad state ever since MOBA.

MOBA's stated goal of "xenos being fun to fight against" in practice turned into some castes being completely neutered, since it's not fun when you lose and die.

Boiler was one such castes. Before it had a skill ceiling and some aces playing it, remember being sniped through the entire caves system? Then the MOBA came and in some test round the new boiler was doing damage to the marines, so it was neutred to the point of being incapable of doing any damage to anyone who can move even the slightest bit. It's still somewhat useful for suppressive fire, but a massive chore to play with annoying mechanics.

Trapper boiler on the other hand is impactful, annoying to fight for marines and also kind of braindead to play, I've carried a 3+ hours Trijent round with it recently by pretty much just randomly spamming buttons.

Ok, lets remove it, right? But here's the deal, Carlarc nerf era is over and marine defenses are getting powercreeped again. Now xenos have to face 4 M2Gs, 4-9 upgraded sentries and 8+ IFF scoped M56Ds. Well good luck pushing into a FOB with all that shit in it. So it's up to trappers to try and suppress all that shit and suppressing even a single position takes minutes even if the gunner just sits there and tanks the acid.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone who has played trapper more than any other moba xeno, trapper should absolutely NOT be able to hit a cade, the guy behind it and the engineer trying to fix it at the same time.

Anyway, it's still the most fun iteration of Boiler we've ever had, unless you're one of those people who think getting lucky rng and direct hitting someone with old glob was funny, or god forbid """"""""""""skillful"""""""""""".