Your Character Name?
    Kellen Coaste
    Their BYOND Key
    Silencer_pl
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    7:20 like 10 minutes ago
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Enforcement of the rules
    - Whenever a player receives a punishment they should know why and what they are being punished for.
    - Ensure that all incidents are adequately investigated before giving a ruling.
    Description of the incident
    So, i'm on a random character i created, nothing standard and I don't plan on doing anything really since I joined into an evac. Got geared up and decided to mess with a PVT disarming him a few times while he ran and managed to tackle him, drag him a little to a door then drop him, saying in order, "Africans" "they are" "EVERYWHERE!!!" before leaving. So first off, the character i was speaking to icly did not have a black skintone or anything, and i'm not racist at all (i am literally african american, fuck would i be racist for). Second, this is the only time i've ever said anything like this, or broke any sort of "racism" rule, so I would 100% know if what i was saying could be considered racist.

And third, I genuinely do not know how this can be construed as breaking any racism rule, i'm not advocating for anything, or saying any hateful messages theres 0 way what I said could be considered "racist", i agree at first glance it comes off weird but it was in the middle of xenos hijacking (right before crash) and I had nothing to do other than wait or fuck around with someone. The staff member in question ruled what i said as racist and I do not believe it was, since i'm first off not implying anything at all, not saying slurs/saying we should kick africans off the ship so yeah i'm just baffled and want the note removed.
    Evidence
    Ahelp logs, what i said, yeah.
    How you would punish the accused
    I just want my note removed bro

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the top:

This was ahelped by a player that considered it unacceptable behavior per our no racist character behavior rule and after looking at the log, I agreed with that assumption.

Considering how our conversation went, it honestly did not seem to me like you didn't know what you were doing.

As I told you in bwoinks, only your IC behavior is what matters in this case and when you toe the line, like you did in this case, you run the risk of falling off. I am not making a personal judgement on you, I made a judgement on your IC behavior in game. And by my judgement running over and yelling what you yelled is, at the very least, an obvious dogwhistle that can (and was) interpreted as racist by others witnessing the situation.

Honestly I didn't even consider the fact that you were seemingly doing that during hijack, a IC situation where you should probably be doing something else than goofing off with a marine that isn't into your jokes, but that is neither here or there.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright well first off, I wasn't attempting any racist behavior, and again "africans, they are everywhere!!" isn't even racist at all im still confused how you're viewing it that way when it literally isn't and since I basically said it I would know if its racist or not. I did know what I was doing, I was fucking around since i couldn't deploy, and did what i said originally i dont wanna repeat saying it but what matters is my "IC behavior" was literally just me tackling a PVT, when they're about to leave say what I said, and then walk away.

There wasn't any racial motivation, or hatred in it I just said something out of the blue and it's being viewed as racist behavior because you feel like it is. It wasn't a dog whistle either, i'm not sure how it would be. I doubt that if i said almost any other race or something else it wouldn't be viewed as racism but since the word "african" was included its all of a sudden bwoinkable/noteable. I'm basically telling you that I wasn't trying to have it interpreted as racism. and I've never toed the line on rules before, and haven't started now so yeah.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [18:45:53]ADMIN: NEW PLAYER: Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates) (?). IP: (IP), CID:
    [18:46:39]ADMIN: NEW PLAYER: /(Jayden Carter) (?). IP: (IP), CID:

[18:48:39]SAY: Kellen Coates: Can i get 2 angled grips, extended barrel, jtackit, and a mag harness. (CKEY: Usnpeepoo) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    [18:48:57]SAY: Kellen Coates: Got any brown vests too. (CKEY: Usnpeepoo) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    [18:49:05]SAY: Kellen Coates: Thanks. (CKEY: Usnpeepoo) (JOB: Squad Marine)

[18:50:33]SAY: Jayden Carter: Hm? (CKEY: ) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    [18:50:59]SAY: Jayden Carter: Hrm... Hm. (CKEY: ) (JOB: Squad Marine)

[18:51:16]SAY: Kellen Coates [department]: 32 rock core africans in double decked v8 engines. (CKEY: Usnpeepoo) (JOB: Squad Marine)

[18:53:18]ATTACK: Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates) disarmed /(Jayden Carter) in the Gym (129,76,4).
    [18:53:24]ATTACK: Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates) disarmed /(Jayden Carter) in the Gym (132,66,4).
    [18:53:44]ATTACK: Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates) disarmed /(Jayden Carter) in the Deployment Workshop (99,68,4).
    [18:53:46]ATTACK: Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates) grabbed /(Jayden Carter) in the Deployment Workshop (99,67,4).
    [18:53:53]SAY: Kellen Coates: Africans. (CKEY: Usnpeepoo) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    [18:53:58]SAY: Kellen Coates: They are. (CKEY: Usnpeepoo) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    [18:54:02]SAY: Kellen Coates: EVERYWHERE!!!!!! (CKEY: Usnpeepoo) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    [18:54:10]SAY: Kellen Coates: Oh. (CKEY: Usnpeepoo) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    [18:54:53]SAY: Kellen Coates: Hey doc. (CKEY: Usnpeepoo) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    [18:54:59]SAY: Kellen Coates: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! (CKEY: Usnpeepoo) (JOB: Squad Marine)

[18:55:12]ATTACK: Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates) grabbed Steelcogli/(Deppy Payne) in the Hangar (106,39,4).
    [18:55:21]ATTACK: Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates) has thrown Steelcogli/(Deppy Payne) from tile at 106, 42, 4 in area the Hangar with the target tile at 106, 42, 4 in area the Hangar in the Hangar (106,42,4).

[18:55:41]SAY: Kellen Coates: AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! (CKEY: Usnpeepoo) (JOB: Squad Marine)

[18:56:20]ADMIN: HELP: /(Jayden Carter): I was being disarmed and pushed because a guy thought I was an, "African". Is this reportable? - heard by 7 non-AFK staff.

[18:56:25]SAY: Kellen Coates [department]: A waitress once served me cold dominoes. (CKEY: Usnpeepoo) (JOB: Squad Marine)

[18:56:50]ADMIN: Silencer_pl has used 'Mark' on the Adminhelp from /(Jayden Carter) and is preparing to respond...
    [18:57:14]ADMIN: PM: Silencer_pl/(Cassandra Reed)->/(Jayden Carter): Yes, I woudl definately think so. What was the name of th eplayer?
    [18:57:43]ADMIN: PM: /(Jayden Carter)->Silencer_pl/(Cassandra Reed): Kellen Coates
    [18:58:11]ADMIN: PM: Silencer_pl/(Cassandra Reed)->/(Jayden Carter): All right, I'll look into it, thank you.

[18:58:31]SAY: Jayden Carter [General]: Test (CKEY: ) (JOB: Squad Marine)

[18:58:39]ATTACK: Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates) injected Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates) with emergency autoinjector (CAUTION) (REAGENTS: Bicaridine, Kelotane and Oxycodone) (INTENT: HURT) in the Hallway Aft (148,129,4).

[18:59:31]SAY: Kellen Coates: North!!!!!! (CKEY: Usnpeepoo) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    [18:59:34]SAY: Kellen Coates: You're going to die!!!! (CKEY: Usnpeepoo) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    [19:00:44]SAY: Kellen Coates: Help me out. (CKEY: Usnpeepoo) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    [19:00:50]SAY: Kellen Coates: So awesome. (CKEY: Usnpeepoo) (JOB: Squad Marine)

[19:02:47]ADMIN: PM: Silencer_pl/(Cassandra Reed)->Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates): Hey there. Can you explain to me your interaction with Jayden Carter this round?
    [19:03:15]ADMIN: PM: Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates)->Silencer_pl/(Cassandra Reed): hol up in ocmbat

[19:04:13]ATTACK: Sleepynecrons/(Elder Runner (WEI-75)) slashed Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates)

[19:06:03]ADMIN: PM: Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates)->Silencer_pl/(Cassandra Reed): ok so i disarmed him a few times, got a tackle and dragged him to a door and then dropped him said something then left
    [19:06:24]ADMIN: PM: Silencer_pl/(Cassandra Reed)->Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates): Something. You didnt exactly say somehting, did you.

[19:07:02]ADMIN: PM: Silencer_pl/(Cassandra Reed)->Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates): SAY: Kellen Coates: Africans.
    SAY: Kellen Coates: They are.
    SAY: Kellen Coates: EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

[19:07:35]ADMIN: PM: Silencer_pl/(Cassandra Reed)->Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates): I would like to hear an explanation for your motivation behind this.
    [19:07:39]ADMIN: PM: Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates)->Silencer_pl/(Cassandra Reed): idk where ur going with this i just said africans they are everywhere, im literally african american so i dont see the issue
    [19:08:37]ADMIN: PM: Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates)->Silencer_pl/(Cassandra Reed): i dont have a motivation for everything i say in game im not even on my main character slot im just fucking around saying random shit, only few things i said this round anyways

[19:08:55]ATTACK: Sleepynecrons/(Ancient Lurker (WEI-75)) slashed Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates)
    [19:08:57]ATTACK: Sleepynecrons/(Ancient Lurker (WEI-75)) slashed Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates)
    [19:09:01]ATTACK: Sleepynecrons/(Ancient Lurker (WEI-75)) slashed Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates)
    [19:09:01]EMOTE: Kellen Coates/Usnpeepoo : PFC. Kellen Coates screams!

[19:11:15]ADMIN: PM: Silencer_pl/(Cassandra Reed)->Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates): Per our Rules Page racist behaviour is not allowed. At least one player who saw the altreaction interpreted the scene as racist and after reviewing the log I am inclined to agree. Your IRL race does not matter because that is not what players see or interact wiht in game.

[19:11:49]ADMIN: PM: Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates)->Silencer_pl/(Cassandra Reed): dude im not racist because i said "africans they are everywhere" not trying to sound rude but that is just reaching the fuck out to get me noted
    [19:12:01]ADMIN: PM: Silencer_pl/(Cassandra Reed)->Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates): Since this is the first time you've done this for a while and overall, the interaction was mild, I'm going to warn you and leave it at that. But consider this your first and last warning.
    [19:12:23]ADMIN: PM: Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates)->Silencer_pl/(Cassandra Reed): i dont even need a warning for this bro how was this racist mild even
    [19:13:11]ADMIN: PM: Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates)->Silencer_pl/(Cassandra Reed): i can't control how people view what others say if somebody thinks "africans they are everywhere" is breaking a rule idfk what lead up to that
    [19:13:26]ADMIN: Silencer_pl/(Cassandra Reed) has edited usnpeepoo's notes: Grabed and slamed a player, following up with Africans. They are. EVERYWHERE!!!!!! ; warned for breaking Rule 3 after this was ahelped by someone who saw the interaction.

[19:14:04]SAY: Kellen Coates: Hit it a few times. (CKEY: Usnpeepoo) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    [19:14:06]SAY: Kellen Coates: Wake it up. (CKEY: Usnpeepoo) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    [19:14:56]EMOTE: Kellen Coates/Usnpeepoo : PFC. Kellen Coates laughs!!!!!!

[19:15:05]ADMIN: PM: Silencer_pl/(Cassandra Reed)->Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates): That's correct. You cannot control how other people interpret your behaviour which is why treading the line will get you in trouble.
    [19:15:22]ADMIN: PM: Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates)->Silencer_pl/(Cassandra Reed): well im gonna debate this ruling on the forums anyways, this is dumb as hell
    [19:15:44]SAY: Kellen Coates: Naw. (CKEY: Usnpeepoo) (JOB: Squad Marine)
    [19:15:45]ADMIN: PM: Silencer_pl/(Cassandra Reed)->Usnpeepoo/(Kellen Coates): You are welcome to make a staff report if you believe this was made in error, sure.
    Let me know if I missed anything.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You state the following protocols were broken:

- Whenever a player receives a punishment they should know why and what they are being punished for.
    - Ensure that all incidents are adequately investigated before giving a ruling.

You were told that you were given a warning, and why. The incident has been clearly investigated. Silencer_pl asked you for motivation, and you couldn't provide a reason. I believe it is reasonable for a player to assume being attacked and then having someone yell "AFRICANS, THEY ARE EVERYWHERE" is related.

The note is appropriate and explains the situation as it happened.

Resolved - No action taken, Silencer_pl acted appropriately and to my standards which I have set for the Administrative Team.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???