Artifical Idiot

Marine Name
    Julie 'Kraut' Bernard

Other Whitelist Applications
    N/A

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Sierra

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    This synth will poke some light-hearted fun and snarky remarks towards other members of the Almayer whenever it deems it appropriate.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I enjoy the idea of picking up a supportive role that is not directed towards combat, but also one dedicated to fill in any and every departmental slot on the Almayer. This can allow me to fill in the gap of any undermanned department and makes synthetics a great tool of versatility, as you are able to help in every area simply because of your skills and only limited by time and materials. It also feels very fun and quirky to play a character outside the conventional realms of being human.

Synthetic Character Story
    Sierra was made in conjunction to imitate the appearance and replace a permanently lost member of the USCM, Julie Bernard. While able to maintain her appearance, nonetheless it is still a synthetic life now lawed to serve the members of Command on the Almayer and ensure the safety and well-being of its members. Sierra's first deployment was more or less a stress test on its performance, though soon to discover that her programming was made as expected and she was quickly able to adapt to changing situations and helped marines on a field operation maintaining their personal health via medication and surgery to maintaining the structural integrity of their FOB. Officers of the Almayer hope to see further use of the synthetic.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I fully understand well on how to construct all kinds of things from barricades to walls, the importance of static defenses such as barbed wire and sentries, how to restore power and repair generators, how to maintain APCs and the use of every tool.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I understand that Command will always be in contact with Squad Leaders, are responsible for maintaining coordination between marines, requisitions, JTAC and auxiliary support.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I understand medical treatment by the book and know the best possible ways to quickly restore a dead person back to life. I greatly understand how chemistry and surgery works and the nuances of defibs.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I know for a fact that roundstart, the marines will be hoarding the requisitions line for theirs faithful attachments, I also know the use of the supply launchpad and a little bit on prioritising what supplies to send first.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    A synth should never actively seek combat, the only times you can fight is to defend yourself from an attacker or defend another person, within Marine Law, from an attacker.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Just a wee question. Is it allowed to have a complete copy of a character to be used as a synthetic?

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your story is far too short and doesn't give any indication of how you'll rp at all (read the stories from other applications to get an idea of the optimal length and topic matter). Ask in #whitelist app help on the discord for assistance with this.

As for your competencies, while I have seen you playing the game as of late, I haven't seen you as the following jobs enough or at all - CMO, squad engineer, RO. These are essential jobs to learn off by heart and play for synthetic, and to the best of my memory I've only ever seen you play squad roles (other than engineer) and SO. The fact you also only know a "little bit" on prioritising supplies isn't good - a synth player needs to know everything.

The combat question also does not fill me with confidence, stating that "synths can only defend themselves or another when attacked" is incorrect - you cannot do this on the front line and there should be relying on other Marines for protection.

As for the quirk, it's solid but you need to write a proper story to showcase it.

For these reasons, -1
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking back, I did this application really prematurely. But that's okay, a mistake to learn from. Feel free to deny as I play CM for another couple of months or so to get some experience under my metaphorical belt and I'll serve a much better application in the future.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artifical Idiot View Post
    Looking back, I did this application really prematurely. But that's okay, a mistake to learn from. Feel free to deny as I play CM for another couple of months or so to get some experience under my metaphorical belt and I'll serve a much better application in the future.
    I’ve never seen you, what time zone so that I can see how you perform/grow? Also I suggest getting acquainted with req more, synth has to perform req duty a decent amount especially low pop. Knowing what ammo and mats to buy/when to buy them is important to not blow the budget and screw the OP especially since now the req budget tech safety net doesn’t exist. Also your command answer isn’t great, you can be asked to perform command duties such as being an SO. I’d recommend playing SO or XO and RO. Not only will this get you more knowledge for the positions, but it will get your name out there. While being a known player isn’t mandatory, it really helps get you vouches for competency.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GMT +8, as I post this now my current time is 7:30 PM though I may not be nearly as active in the near future as I make my attempts for future studies.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @FrogZeke and I were their advisors on this application. @Artifical Idiot, please do keep in mind that you didn't exactly consult a council member or former one so I don't really know how well your app will go. your stories are VERY short and show you didn't read accepted applications
    I cannot lie about your chances but you have my sympathy

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Withdrawn
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler: