User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Removal of MPs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's just say I agree that MPs are IC Moderators. If this were true then its a terrible concept. They have no selection, no formal training, and yet still they have the power and ability to enforce IC rules unlike moderators that require selection. Whereas COs have such power that includes BE requires a whitelist. And MP isnt a whitelisted role.

Meaning to say, any clown can be an MP, read up and study ML and learn how to outsmart the system to do it. There is no real guarantee that it can be properly enforced as per the spirit of Roleplay in the server.

Furthermore, people really need to drop the mindset that MPs can do no wrong. If you try to play MP, read and understand ML, and try to observe MPs and how they play for a series of rounds you will notice that they have done a lot of wrongs and tried to circumvent them as a gang. Very few CMP players actually stop these people.
    Main: Yuri Gennady Gregorovich

Others:
    Amare Babatunde Jabari
    Go Mei Sin
    Wilson Alfred Longshanks
    Francois Babineux

Spoiler Spoiler:

C, C++, C#, CSS, C*, and C-- are the same. Dont let anyone fool ya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far the test has shown that the game loop runs more smoothly without mps. The player base at large is pleased with the change. RP hasnt shifted or changed at all revealing that mps never had any effect whatsoever on rp standards.

When this is over and the overwhelming majority find that removal of mps was absolutely a positive experience and they want it permanent what are you guys gonna do?

Finally sack up and admit that all the justification and lies you invented was just bullshit you spewed out of your mouth to defend that you actually only really care about your own experience here, even when it harms the rest of the server.
    Further that you enjoyed the role as a means to punish people who did things that you personally didnt like. That had the gall to play the game in a way you didnt see fit, and used every ounce of power you were afforded to harm.

Go ahead just say it out loud. Everyone here already knows what you are.

"Im a scumbag and I dont care if everyone wants something different, you need to play the game my way and only I matter."
    "I dont give a shit that people are playing a video game for enjoyment, only what I want matters."

That should be the mp mantra.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All those years of people wanting for MP's to be removed have been answered. Can't believe it took like 90% of the playerbase telling management directly that they do not like the MP role!
    Marine: Mark Rain Xeno: DKD Predator: Klu'in Veraz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahahaahahahhaha later douchebags. now you cant arrest me for the high crime of wanting a cool hat out of the vendor or the *GASP* industrial blowtorch!
    Felicity Bringh and XYZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you guys realise that if MPs ARE fully removed, however unlikely, a lot more stuff will be OOC enforced under the definitions of LRP or griefing or roundstart shenanigans etc.
    Karl Karlsson, the man

Maxwell, the synth

Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Synth gaming :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Driker View Post
    snip
    Let me spin it a different way if I may. You can't get rid of cancer properly without cutting out the tumors and in this case the tumors are a good portion of the marine mains and any staff that allow or even encourage the current behavior.

We would have to ban most of the current players and put admins on observation after the new rules were implemented, because otherwise it goes from being benign to malignant; with marines going straight back to old habits regardless of any new rule-set, because it's what they are use to, and one chunk of staff allowing it, with the other turning a blind eye like before as they aren't unified enough to know what is and isn't crossing a line and not wanting to get fired from staff by pissing off other staff members.

I'd like to note that this isn't by design an attack on anyone, but it is absolutely an attack on the mindset behind the behavior that resulted in us having this discussion in the first place. There are people that play space station 13 with the goal of making other people miserable or angry, because it's fun. So when you create a role that is allowed to do that exact thing without real repercussion and worse yet, be treated as the good guys by the people that made the role, it's going to immediately be filled with those people and the normal guys and gals just trying to do good will simply be forgotten.

TL'DR: It works both ways my man. Removing MPs results in the exact same problem only without MPs or any OOC enforcement people don't know how to even aproach most situations. Where before you used to call MPs you are now left with a choice to either accept someone griefing your department or risking IE for beating them and tossing them out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to mostly in favour of removal of MPs, and I saw this as another case where CM could glean from TGMC. I have changed my mind to being completely in favour of keeping MPs. My reason is simple, as someone who mainly plays observer the MPs can make rounds much, much more interesting by causing conflict. And not the very basic conflict of marines vs xenos, but actual interesting inter-personal conflict that leads to thats leads to people actually roleplaying. Are they roleplaying well? Or according to the current standards? I don't care, it's funny to watch.

My main problem now is that because MPs have their OOC protection back all that conflict has been killed off. MPs with OOC protection is the worst of all worlds imo, and you might as well just go the TGMC route of having mods bowink people for punching each other than have anything resolved IC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heraclitus View Post
    I used to mostly in favour of removal of MPs, and I saw this as another case where CM could glean from TGMC. I have changed my mind to being completely in favour of keeping MPs. My reason is simple, as someone who mainly plays observer the MPs can make rounds much, much more interesting by causing conflict. And not the very basic conflict of marines vs xenos, but actual interesting inter-personal conflict that leads to thats leads to people actually roleplaying. Are they roleplaying well? Or according to the current standards? I don't care, it's funny to watch.

My main problem now is that because MPs have their OOC protection back all that conflict has been killed off. MPs with OOC protection is the worst of all worlds imo, and you might as well just go the TGMC route of having mods bowink people for punching each other than have anything resolved IC.
    MP OOC protection was only added back about 2 hours before MPs got the test remove, personally I think they shouldn't have OOC protections but instead should have slightly stronger tools so marines can't lolspam them with disarms on the DS.

Hopefully we can reanalyse and reconsider having ooc protections still on. Otherwise, when playing MP, I won't ahelp people who try interfere. Most of the time.
    Karl Karlsson, the man

Maxwell, the synth

Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Synth gaming :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a very simple solution to the DS flashbanging problem. Just let CIC and MPs lock the DS so it can't launch. That way MPs wouldn't even need to go in. Just "come out and surrender or there will be no drop". I think you'd see how nicely the situation would turn around. With the silent marines that just want to deploy kicking these wanted marines out the door to stop delaying.

Junior Member Flamer man Grills's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulferion View Post
    There is a very simple solution to the DS flashbanging problem. Just let CIC and MPs lock the DS so it can't launch. That way MPs wouldn't even need to go in. Just "come out and surrender or there will be no drop". I think you'd see how nicely the situation would turn around. With the silent marines that just want to deploy kicking these wanted marines out the door to stop delaying.
    Whoops looks like I forgot to hit the lock DS button better luck next time catching the guy who took a medvendor. Have a CM day.
    The laziest Bravo medic main that used to only use a flamer.
    LCPL George ‘swamp’ Grills [Bravo (Med)] says, "What a libtard lmao”
    Now I main Alpha ahhhhh