User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Removal of MPs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamer man Grills View Post
    Whoops looks like I forgot to hit the lock DS button better luck next time catching the guy who took a medvendor. Have a CM day.
    That is why both MPs and CO/XO would have it. MPs could lock the DS for this purpose but if CO decides that deploying on time is more important they can override.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulferion View Post
    There is a very simple solution to the DS flashbanging problem. Just let CIC and MPs lock the DS so it can't launch. That way MPs wouldn't even need to go in. Just "come out and surrender or there will be no drop". I think you'd see how nicely the situation would turn around. With the silent marines that just want to deploy kicking these wanted marines out the door to stop delaying.
    There is an even simplier one. We have rules on escalation. And rules on game delay. And rules on being a dick.

Just make it a rule that if you are wanted, and know you are being pursued; you cannot get on the dropship first drop.

Why is the onus always on the Mps who have to arrest the marine. And not on the marine himself, who gets on the dropship KNOWING what it has the chance to cause?

You want to punch an mp; blow a hole in a wall? Then you can hide until second drop.

No more of this "dropship is base" silliness.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or how about this make knowing you breaking ML IC a rule break IF 1, you do the whole dropship is home base i am safe shit. 2 if you dont RP our your crimes. or 3, your petty crime such as breaking a window to get something from a place you dont have accuse to, leads to your arrest and mutiny?, IDK i am just spitballing here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    There is an even simplier one. We have rules on escalation. And rules on game delay. And rules on being a dick.

Just make it a rule that if you are wanted, and know you are being pursued; you cannot get on the dropship first drop.

Why is the onus always on the Mps who have to arrest the marine. And not on the marine himself, who gets on the dropship KNOWING what it has the chance to cause?

You want to punch an mp; blow a hole in a wall? Then you can hide until second drop.

No more of this "dropship is base" silliness.
    Problem with making it a rule is that a rule can be broken. And since staff seems to not be very effective in enforcing these things i think having a mechanical solution is a better way. Of course it's all hypothetical anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulferion View Post
    Problem with making it a rule is that a rule can be broken. And since staff seems to not be very effective in enforcing these things i think having a mechanical solution is a better way. Of course it's all hypothetical anyway.
    so then would code like if you are marked as "wanted or prisoner" as such, and said person tries to get on the DS at any time they get shocked or something and stunned for like 10 seconds or so, till they are " released "or "not marked in any way"? IDK just spitballing here/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Letting MPs lock the DS would insanely enable their attention whoring. You dont need to sidetrack the round for 100 people because a pvt called you a poopoo head, just send a fax or whatever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copper Wilson View Post
    so then would code like if you are marked as "wanted or prisoner" as such, and said person tries to get on the DS at any time they get shocked or something and stunned for like 10 seconds or so, till they are " released "or "not marked in any way"? IDK just spitballing here/
    Devs are behind enough as is. Any kind of "code" would be a nightmare of getting someone to ACTUALLY work on it

Just making it an enforcable rule is easy and instant.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MPs should not be removed, but should not have OOC protection except from commissioned officers.

RP standard should be raised to the CO/CL level.

Job bans against MPs should be more frequent and require an explanation of the correct way to have handled the situation to remove them.

CMP should be able to pardon everything except Capital crimes.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand why people have so many problems with MPs. I play CMP often and I don't get a single arrest some rounds. If you don't want to get arrested, don't break the law people, this is common knowledge. Y'all don't like to admit it, but you love MPs. The more you say you want them gone, the more you really need them. A ship without MPs is a world without darkness. How do you know if you walk in the light if you have never experienced darkness? Shipside roleplay is already lacking, now we're just trolling anyone who wants to remain shipside for "roleplay". Lots of events use MPs, like sending in admirals and stuff, but if you don't want to have to communicate with other players, I guess you don't like roleplay events either? You can get what you want without getting arrested, just ask. If someone denies you something, then suck it up buttercup, you're supposed to be an adult, not a child. On the other hand, if you want to get arrested, then by all means, go ahead and break the law, MPs want a good challenge.

Now, I will say, I think OOC protection is dumb. I think it's too heavy handed to the point were MPs and marines can't engage in meaningful aggression. So yeah, no OOC protection plox, but come on if you don't want to get arrested just use your big boy words.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    honestly fortelian its just that its a video game, and they have proven over time that they

A. fail at the objective staff kept them for, reducing lrp behaviour.

and

B. through the attempted enforcement of said rules cause major round disruptions.

Mp players can absolutely be capable of rp and a good mp can be an enjoyable rp experience. The problem is that the upside of this only benefits a minority of the server who main shipside roles or play mp themselves. The cost of their personal enjoyment (while failing the actual intended roles existance) is damaging to the rest of the players here and the round flow.

Some of the players in this thread are suggesting an enhancement of ways for mp players to have or exhibit power or influence over other players. Such as being capable of forbidding the drop ship from launching. The player base is screaming that the interactions by and large are toxic, unenjoyable, pointless (becuase they are now proven to have 0 effect on rp or crime stopping) and sometimes incredibly damaging to the round flow and personal experience of players here xeno and marine alike.

The net positive for keeping mps is so small and limited to such a small group of people. The net negative effect they have is enormous.

Im sorry to the players who enjoyed playing mp, but you need to come to terms with the player base here and the fact that most of them dont want you.

"We're a server focused on the enjoyment of the players."

Its the single most important line from jamies set of rules and staff conduct, because this is just a video game. If the majority of people find something to be really bad or unenjoyable in a video game, it needs to be heavily changed to no longer cause issues or be removed.
    Last edited by antrixx; 09-17-2021 at 01:57 AM.