User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Removal of MPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clown MPs deserved what they got. once their role was removed they went and proved that the players were the problem with MP. they rolled MT to cause problems for the operation, you cant make this shit up bro its too funny. I think MP should actually be a hard role. (in its most recent state it is piss easy) this would make the players who play it not totally retarded and more "robust" and people that play for the power trip would not be able to because they are shit at the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antrixx View Post
    If the community agreed with an overwhelming majority tha respawns should be added then yes it should be attempted. To do otherwise would be retarded.

Just out of curiosity could you explain to me the point of voting in a democratic country?
    In the words of maybe every admin ever, this is not a democracy.

If you want to play a version of cm that does remove or add at whim what the playerbase enjoys or doesn't, I suggest playing TGMC. They're catered to LRP PFC/xeno players and removed MPs long ago, as well as added in respawns, etc etc. They're very much a result of their community's view on things, on if they're enjoyable or not.
    Karl Karlsson, the man

Maxwell, the synth

Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Synth gaming :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me, removing MP is just Removing more game feature. for no good reason.
    MP make this game deeper and give us more option as a player.
    removing it witout replacement is just making the game lesser.

Sadly it wouldnt be the first time CM get dumbed down in profit of TDM speed run meta.

if I was staff not only i would keep MPs but i would give them the right to arrest any marine deserter ground side!
    because marines who leave their squads like dumbass rambo are hurting CM atmosphere way more than MPs.
    Last edited by BurningMetal; 09-17-2021 at 06:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "In the words of maybe every admin ever, this is not a democracy.

If you want to play a version of cm that does remove or add at whim what the playerbase enjoys or doesn't"

So this is basically what just happened. There was a ton of community backlash over MPs and they got removed for the week to test. This is basically a democratic reaction where the playerbases wants and requests resulted in a change.

As for the second part you might notice that the change was immediate and a direct reaction to community anger.

Cm does listen to its players if the demand for change is supported by enough people, and the changes are fairly frequent. The game state over the past 5 years has morphed tremendously from user input.

Last but not least, I dont really need to go play tgmc. I'm not on the chopping block, mps are. If I was an mp main right now I would be trying to find constructive ways to include a less damaging experience with the marines. If the effort is going to instead be spent convincing the players that got them removed are wrong, you're gonna be in for a bad time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a missed input, I swear.

Stan the argument you put forward claiming that if dying is disliked by the community we should remove it isn’t really the good, since in the end, Dying is an integral part of the game genre itself, let alone the game and the game balance. Dying in TGMC is still dying, they can’t remove that, but they DID add a 30min respawn to alleviate it. On the other hand,
    MPs are a literal negative experience whenever you interact with them. It’s a chore, and one we shouldn’t have to deal with if a majority of the playerbase wants it gone.

Typed this on a phone, sleepy asf
    Last edited by Knuffles; 09-17-2021 at 06:41 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuffles View Post
    MPs are a literal negative experience whenever you interact with them. It’s a chore, and one we shouldn’t have to deal with if a majority of the playerbase wants it gone.
    Rarely are interactions with mods positive, arguably MPs are just minimods who enforce rules IC, and if they get removed mods will enforce these rules (or some variation of them). I prefer them to be enforced by MPs who will either just NJP or brig you, and can RP and can do a whole host of other things, than mods who will ban or note you. It's true that MP mains recently have mostly neglected NJPs, the fun RP based punishments, in favour of abusing ML and arresting for every minor crime and stacking on charges, but this is really just a player issue. MPs only need some slight changes to be back to a spot where they'll only arrest you if you do something that you obviously shouldn't be doing, like breaking into the cic (which during the test I have seen happen a LOT, mainly to steal command headsets).

I would rather MTs risk it to get into the cic and steal shit than cop a punishment for it or be just entirely unable to do it.

If we can agree that enforcement of server rules is neccessary to create a good experience, even if as individuals we sometimes have poor experiences with mods or the server rules, then we can extend this to MPs and ML, I hope.
    Karl Karlsson, the man

Maxwell, the synth

Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Synth gaming :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antrixx View Post
    If the community agreed with an overwhelming majority tha respawns should be added then yes it should be attempted. To do otherwise would be retarded.

Just out of curiosity could you explain to me the point of voting in a democratic country?
    Just cause the community wants something does not mean we are gonna get it. Also to the point of re spawns while i may not be a dev the reason behind us not getting them may be a simple as BEYOND code is more or less shit i hear, and that would put a lot more strain on the game server/ performance. Look at engi dept on the ship, they got gutted a long time ago, from reason from i hear being hijack phase be ass to deal with atmos and other issue to the strain it all put in game performance. Its been said before hell we cant even mop and clean floors like janitor in normal SS13 servers, the code is fucked, a mess whatever the reason is in short it sucks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    Rarely are interactions with mods positive
    What, no lel.
    Main: Yuri Gennady Gregorovich

Others:
    Amare Babatunde Jabari
    Go Mei Sin
    Wilson Alfred Longshanks