Their BYOND Key
    Grimreaperx15, Nanu308
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    10pm CST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Staff COC 1: Do not abuse your power
    Staff COC 2: Remain Professional, no matter what happens
    Description of the incident
    Both of these used their power to arbitrarily remove MPs as a way to "see how it goes".

Personally, I think that this was due to the community getting up and arms about the new OOC MP protections.
    Evidence
    https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/colonial-w..._requests/1908

- Made and merged the removal of a whole department in the matter of less than an hour
    How you would punish the accused
    Reversal of the MR. possible removal of OOC MP protections

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no case to present here. The decision was made in the interest of testing new things for the benefit of CM as a whole.

You will need to wait for the Host, NGGJamie to resolve this, as he is Nanu's only superior, and as I acted as System Administrator, mine as well.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This entire MR can't be serious at all, not only are MPs removed but there aren't even OOC consequences to breaking ML at all, so what stops people from breaking the ML now? (While remaining within the OOC rules, ex: IE/Griefing)

This was obviously done with ill intent towards the community, after they spammed Grim with a picture of him saying "this isn't a democracy", so to "show his power", refute them or SOMETHING, he decided "okay why don't we remove MPs and ML?", without thinking about ANYTHING ELSE AT ALL, with like five to seven people saying "oh yeah lets do it", not only that but it was immediately merged and was effective the round after this conversation. I think at the very least the community should get a proper explanation about this "test". But moving on from this point, there is now a poll to actually show how many people even wanted MPs to be removed. Right now the majority is AGAINST the removal of MPs due to how horrible of an idea it is, you removed the only thing that stopped people from being shitters ICily and now they get to do what they want to do without OOC consequences unless they broke an OOC law. So once again I will say, this had NO THOUGHT about it at all and is merely Grim flexing his powers at the community after they called him out on what he said.

I understand people can be impulsive but this shouldn't be the case here, this isn't just a minor change, this now allows the marines to do whatever they want, removes the players that play MP for fun (yes surprisingly there are some MPs that we have fun playing with), and removed the RP aspect of people getting consequences for breaking the law, and RPing in general with said department, just because there are few mentionable people that intentionally grief within the acceptable OOC rules as MPs. (Disclaimer: None of the mods or higher think of it as griefing, it's of my, and a lot of other community players that see it as so.)

I also want to call out Nanu and Grim's problem solving for this "problem", if it is even a problem. Instead of thinking of actual methods that WILL stick, they decided that the best course of action is to COMPLETELY REMOVE the role instead of thinking of something like, "how can we improve the role?", "how can we encourage players to NOT abuse the MPs", "can we make MPs more flexible, or make them less gankable by marines" (MP buff MR, but merging the MP removal is obviously of higher priority). None of these were considered in the few minutes it took for the MR to get placed, approved and merged, instead they did it like they're trying to get a speed merge achievement, with Soldier basically saying "I don't care", if those weren't even the exact words he used when asked about the merge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrafticalDecoy View Post
    whatever
    your alt account is as inconspicuous as mine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to rescind this staff report actually.
    I heard grim and Dreven out.
    I want to see where this goes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey guys you owe me a beer for saving you having to wake up jamie

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Withdrawn