Caelum#4345

Marine Name
    Rex Lombardi

Character Information

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    T'ehraed Nhon

What clan are you joining?
    Clan Nhon

If Other (Minor Clan), what is the Clan Name?
    -

Yautja Character Story
    Crash Landing

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

The night was cold. As cold as the dark, cloudy sky above. Raindrops poured from the heavens, neatly arranging themselves into puddles amongst the shrubbery and greens of the rainforest. It was silent- Barely a noise made- Out of character for the typically wet and rainy season, though perhaps the lack of sound would be made more clear with the context of the situation.

_________

Closing Personality Notes:

To top this off, T'ehraed is a timid Yautja outside of when his adrenaline is pumping. He is a person who is attempting to live up to the expectations of those who came before him, but struggles to keep his calm in situations where he's not actively hunting or in combat. An overthinker. He tends to stay quiet though, in a bold attempt to not show weakness- But it can often be told in his mannerisms in speaking. However, his ability to act independently and with a group on the hunt is without question. He may have self doubt outside of combat, but when the chips are on the table, he's not one to back down without very good reason.

Confirmations

Have you read the honor code and do you understand that if you breach the honor code you may be subject to disciplinary action and have your whitelist revoked for a set amount of time?
    Yes

Did you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any behavior that is unbecoming of a member of the community may result in you having your whitelist revoked? Such things include, but are not limited to: Racism, toxicity, excessive or malicious trolling, abuse of staff or etc.
    Yes

Do you understand that you may face having your whitelist revoked, or other disciplinary action undertaken, should you be banned or warned on the CM discord?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that community members may report your in-game actions on the forums, and that you may be asked to defend your actions.
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea who you are.

But I do understand the circumstances around that, which I saw when you asked for help on the discord. Luckily, im noone important so it really doesn’t matter in this case, so I mostly said that to have a bit of a laugh. No one has commented on this app in a week and a half after being posted, which is really ridiculous, but that’s most whitelists here. It sounds weird to say, but I took a liberty to read your notes, and mildly surprised that I found none. A complete unproblematic player applying for the predator whitelist. Wild. Besides that, your story is well done, and I could imagine the nervous, carefully speaking nature of your pred in other situations aswell, you really put effort into that story, pretty cool man. Im going to give you a shot and ask some questions and end this paragraph before people start mistaking me for misti

Questions

1. You die permanently as a human due to the actions of another player, and respawn as pred. What actions do you take?

2. Someone has taken your primary weapon during a scuffle, and has summarily been captured. What are your next moves?

3. The queen has screeched, stunning your human opponent, then has commenced dragging them off for capture. What do you do?

4. You just killed the whole hive alone, what’s your yautjas one liner?

(edited cause I submitted the wrong version of this comment and typing on a phone fucking blows)
    Last edited by Knuffles; 09-24-2021 at 07:29 AM. Reason: ANOTHER TYPO WTF???
    Characters:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel that. I was told specifically NEVER to bother anyone about looking at an application, so I hoped (And am pleasantly surprised, though I do believe I mentioned my nervousness over the lack of views at one point in DMs...) It paid off! I've been playing round after round in game the past few weeks as well, which has been helpful to set myself back up with the knowledge I lost over my break.

Anyways, lets hit these questions!

1. My former death has no effect on my predators life. It would be extremely meta-gamey to go after said person as a Predator, and unless they made a conscious, strong effort to chase after my character, I'd try to keep in mind who it was and avoid them so I don't come off as 'targeting' them, as it could easily be seen as so. (Imagine being the guy who killed a player, then having his character killed when they hop on their predator. It doesn't really matter the situation or the circumstances, most would be first to cry foul, and I wouldn't blame them.)

2. My primary goal has changed from hunting to reacquiring my gear. The death or life of the captured person in this case is secondary to the situation at hand, as my goal is to secure the equipment, not to hunt. I'd go to whatever lengths it took to get the weapon back, as long as its not predominantly disruptive to the round; As well as following the code (Not going into FOBs, the Hive, etc.) If the guy gets nested into a hive? Welp, that gear is gone. If he gets imprisoned and put on the Almayer? It becomes a much more real issue that needs to be hunted down and addressed ASAP.

3. I need my prey back. I'd wait until the queen has dragged the human away, then, when it's clear that both parties are no longer in danger of being interacted with by the other side (Marines aren't in range to attack the Queen, Queen isn't still in range to fight marines), I move forward and work to recapture my original target and return them to the hunting grounds without attacking the queen. Of course, if the queen goes out of their way to attack me when it's very clear I'm only collecting my prey, that's her funeral, not mine. As with the pervious note, this highly depends on how the round is going. If it's nearing the end of round and saving the marine would clearly stall out the round, I'd make the OOC choice not to follow in on it, as not to delay the round or damage the integrity of it.

4. Well, for one, I'd certainly hope a round would never get to the point where I'd be forced to solo an entire hive. I feel like thats counter-active to the point of the role, as you're not there to go ham wild and wipe out an entire faction, which could easily ruin the round and cause a lot of grief and salt from both sides. However, lets assume the stars aligned, its the perfect situation, and I have just robusted an entire hive that just wouldn't give up on chasing me down, cornered me, the admins are DMing me that it's okay without me asking, etc etc... I'd take a page from the book of yautjas and, after claiming the trophy of the queen, roar as one does. Is there no greater accomplishment and show of your great feat then the classic roar? It feels simply natural, as the Predator.

I hope these answers are sufficient, and if you believe any of them are wrong, I'd be welcome to hear your thoughts, regardless of the result of the application.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These answers had what I was looking for, even though my questions didn’t exactly convey what I wanted them to convey reading them over again a day later

1. Good answer, this is true, and it’s a situation that recently lost someone the whitelist, so it’s great that you get that

2.This is MOSTLY correct. Yes, it IS your responsibility to retrieve your gear, and doing that in the least disruptive way possible is also correct. However, if the your gear is in the hive, you must, still, recover it. This is also true for the FOB and the almayer. The gear must be recovered as long as you are able, no matter the location. (You won’t have to worry about huggers, you’re infinitely immue as long as you have your mask on)

3. Solid. Very good answer and is textbook to the 2021 HC as far as I can see.

4. Vanilla? Solid choice.

Im personally satisfied and I feel like you’d do just fine with the whitelist. +1
    Characters:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Yautja Council Member Joe Lampost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the long wait I was waiting for some community feedback on the app. your answers to the questions are acceptable and as such I have made up my mind on your application ,I was going to ask you some questions in a few days but tio beat me to it . Your story is fine, I see no reason not to +1 this app for the time being good luck newblood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Nhon? Will be fun

Accepted!
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th