0 Thread(s)

Staff Report - Nanu308, Grimreaperx15

Staff Report
    Your BYOND Key
    Killerone2
    Date of Incident
    September 12, 2021
    Your Character Name?
    Rexanna Siegrist, Lillian Siegrist (old), Jerrie Howard (old), Jacob Coates (old/alt), Jacob Houston (2 old rounds)
    Their BYOND Key
    Nanu308, Grimreaperx15
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    9 PM Central (Merge Approved)
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Suspected: Abuse of Power & Professionalism
    Description of the incident
    Hello! I am a CM player that doesn't often post in the forums or discord. I'm likely unknown with few exceptions. Despite that, I do play on the server quite often, and I often browse the other two. The reason that I'm affected to post this staff report revolves around the fact that this involves the community as a whole. It is a bit flimsy, but it points to a large issue for both players and staff. This isn't about MPs being g00d or MPs being b@d, but rather on staff conduct.

Order of Events:

The Head Manger, ThesoldierLLJK, posted their statement and decision relating to MPs receiving OOC protection. (Link 1) Within 3ish hours, there is a post made on GitHub to conduct a test that removes MPs for 5 days. It was approved and merged by Nanu308 and Grimreaperx15 within thirty minutes. (Link 2 & 3) A staff report was made but later withdrawn. (Link 4)

Staff Report:

I am making an argument based on this assumption that Nanu308 and Grimreaperx15 used their powers to nullify ThesoldierLLJK's decision. This would be both abuse and lack of professionalism. Nanu has the authority to approve testing features (or removing features), but in this case, they would have used this power as a means to attack another head of staff; this should be an example of power abuse. Grim would be an accomplice as their permission would attempt to soothe over the issue from the player base and other staff.

This creates a bad precedent. That a head of staff would perform power plays against another head of staff. That these actions will solve their issues. It's childish if so. That this cannot be discussed in a timely manner and with discussion. It also poses the question rather this is a singular community or multiple.

Since the accused staff do respond to these posts, I have a few questions if you can provide statements. As of now, I assume the answer to them are "there isn't any" or are unsatisfactory from staff. It will provide clarity to other players that are confused as I am. Of course, with time stamps.
    1. What was the intended data collection scheme for this test?
    3. Was this test in the works, and if so, what were the assigned dates?
    4. What is the normal process of approving these tests?
    5. Was there a good-faith conversation with Soldier over the matter?
    6. What was the intention of this test?
    7. Was this test discussed with the whitelist councils since Synths and COs would be affected?
    8. Why meme it in discord when it was done? I'll admit it was funny, but bad timing.
    9. Why announce it the moment of?

I do not expect to withdraw this post. I assume for the reviewing and gathering parties that they will need logs from developer channels, admin channels, and public ones. Sorry.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    I do not seek any staff removal. Rather, I would want two things. 1. A future system to prevent testing from being used as a weapon. 2. That this current test is postponed, results scrapped and may be redone in 60 days with 5 randomly selected days of that month.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given the nature of this report and that i witnessed this happening i feel that the poster should be aware of this public interaction that challenges one of their core assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerone2 View Post
    I am making an argument based on this assumption that Nanu308 and Grimreaperx15 used their powers to nullify ThesoldierLLJK's decision.

https://discord.com/channels/1503155...81671565836368
    https://discord.com/channels/1503155...81801215950898
    https://discord.com/channels/1503155...83149193957376
    https://discord.com/channels/1503155...82796213940284
    https://discord.com/channels/1503155...83218710360084

TheSolider was consulted and was aware of this proposal. this set of quotes insn't complete, but i think its enough to disprove this assumption.

However there is more to this report then this assumption and if someone wants to add screen caps of the messages instead, they are more then welcome to, as i expect that this report will be referenced by many other people with similar concerns.
    Last edited by ito726; 09-15-2021 at 02:33 AM.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To respond to your questions:
    1: A community poll will be done at the end of the test.
    3: We're not that fancy. We rarely schedule tests, we run them when we are able to.
    4: Approval of tests of this magnitude requires approved from the Head Developer, Nanu. Head Staff are generally consulted as well.
    5: Soldier said he had no objections.
    6: The intention of this test is to gage the impact and importance of Miltary Police on the round.
    7: No, Whitelist Councils are advisory positions only. They do not have a say over matters of development or administration.
    8: I'm not sure what this is in reference to.
    9: We rarely announce tests before we do them.

This report will have to be resolved by NGGJamie, the Host of CM.

He is generally very busy.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the Head Developer i have final say over the direction, balance, and what i want in the game and this extends to tests as well.

The Dev team has for a long time discussed the current implementation of MP's in the game to try and figure out what the role should truly be there for, and at the last dev meeting we had a couple weeks back, MP's and their role in the game was discussed heavily yet again, and many points were brought up to as why MP's are not always required.

My thoughts were to potentially try a few rounds, if not days, a CM without the role to watch the playerbase behavior during that timeframe and gauge their impact on rounds, but other matters were more important at the time with the removal of techwebs coming up and occurring. As OOC-Protections were announced and community backlashed against it i thought this was as good time as any to go through with it and so did Grimreaper, together with Grimreaper i made the final authorization to test it out until the weekend starts/weekend ends for approximately five days.

The reason we do not announce all tests to the playerbase is quite simple, we want to see normal rounds transpire with the changes being tested to the best of our ability, especially when it is a major one.

This report is an unnecessary waste of time as it comes of as a "I do not agree with this developer decision and therefore made a report." and the saying of me doing this to spite Soldier is not true at all, we are both on very good terms with each other and respect each others opinions even tho we do not always agree on things.

Regarding your questions, i believe Grimreaper answered them more than satisfactory.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I say is Nanu is the head developer, if he wants to remove MPs that's his right. If he wants to remove or add game features, that's his right. If he decides "You know what guys we're gonna make everything non-aliens and turn this into humans vs xenoids" that's his right.

They asked me, and I said if its just a test, have at it. Grimreaper asked us to test his roleplay standards that we have now.

Do I think this was a knee jerk reaction to my unpopular OOC protections back, probably. Was this a head going to another head saying "I dont like this so I'm removing MPs" not really.

In fact developers have been talking about removing MPs for months now.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this report is a moot point, and we've had discussions in heads about this.

Head Developers and Managers have discretion to test different things regardless if the community sees its a good thing or a bad thing.
    At the end of the day the test was completed, MPs came back, and there is currently a staff-community group trying to reform MP and make big changes which will take time.

It's the opinion of staff that no protocols were violated here.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids